Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Just want to reply to this so you guys above can see his stats. 95 goal contributions out of 232 played with most of them being a late sub when the game is gone. He probably still has the highest goal contribution per minute played ratio in the entire team. Yet people lay into him as if he has done nothing other than score a few goals. He has certainly scored his fair share given how sparingly he has been used.

Wherever he is going to play (at the highest level) he is going to be a regular first team player.

I'll be very surprised if he is a regular starter wherever he goes. Whenever he got a proper run in our team (granted it was few and far between) it always ended in disappointment. 

Had a chance this season to easily become the best striker in this league but never seemed bothered. 

Was really excited when we got him but not too fussed he's going on a free now. I think overall and in particular his FA cup record, I think we got decent value for our money over the 7 years.

Edited by lcfc278

See ya. 

In about five years I'll pop up on his Twitter to show him that t-shirt and remind him that his most successful time he ever had was at Leicester and that, perhaps, he should reflect on whom misses whom.

Missed too many sitters. Looked half-arsed in most his matches. Had about 8 months of productivity where he looked like he could have a future he.

• Haha 1

On 07/05/2024 at 09:29, foxile5 said:

Remember guys - we've got history and when he's gone you're gonna miss him.

I think wearing that kind of ridiculous manifestation of hubris on the day the club potentially waves goodbye to two of its best ever and most loved players really sums him up. Dim beyond belief but totally convinced of his own importance.

First part maybe, but the second part? Not a chance. If he'd had that selfishness, he would have been stinking out the place like others and wouldn't have hung around the way Brenda treated him. Plus that single mindedness, or rather a lack of, is one of the very few things that held him back.

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

First part maybe, but the second part? Not a chance. If he'd had that selfishness, he would have been stinking out the place like others and wouldn't have hung around the way Brenda treated him. Plus that single mindedness, or rather a lack of, is one of the very few things that held him back.

Oh it's not selfishness at all. It's just the view that he believed himself to be much, much more important that he actually was to the club. He thinks we'll sit around naval gazing about the good times and was happy to promote this attitude when the whole stadium were thanking a striker who ACTUALLY was important.

Imagine how you must perceive your own importance to be like that.

It's nothing to do with him being selfish - which I think, like you, would have been a major benefit - but to do with the fact his own view of his virtues was entirely skewed. 

Ta-rah Kelechi. Cheers for the goals on the way to the FA cup.

26 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Oh it's not selfishness at all. It's just the view that he believed himself to be much, much more important that he actually was to the club. He thinks we'll sit around naval gazing about the good times and was happy to promote this attitude when the whole stadium were thanking a striker who ACTUALLY was important.

Imagine how you must perceive your own importance to be like that.

It's nothing to do with him being selfish - which I think, like you, would have been a major benefit - but to do with the fact his own view of his virtues was entirely skewed. 

Ta-rah Kelechi. Cheers for the goals on the way to the FA cup.

I think you're taking it way to personally. There's no debate that he looked lazy at times (though I suspect that's his running style as much as anything) and that he was such a disappointment this year. And I totally understand why lots of people don't rate him or are frustrated by him, the latter of which applies to everyone I think.

But, everything I've ever heard from the guy or from people who have met him, say that he's probably the most humble bloke you'd ever met. If there's one thing I'd say about him, it's he has a complete lack of self-belief and seems the type who needs an arm around the shoulder at all times; a key reason he's never flourished as he should.

Honestly, that top was just a bit odd. Maybe an attempt at humour, maybe a sly dig at some people but certainly not some attempt to upstage Vardy. Even if he is incredibly thick, I don't think even he would think he's going to get more love than Vardy! lol

We wouldn't have won the FA Cup without him, so I think he's certainly proven he was important for us. Guess I just find it really odd that such a likeable (albeit frustrating) player would get the ire of some when he's leaving. Best move for all parties but can't you save up the hatred for when Danny Ward finally pisses off (known to be an arrogant tool although he is a fantastic goalkeeper) :ph34r:

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

See ya. 

In about five years I'll pop up on his Twitter to show him that t-shirt and remind him that his most successful time he ever had was at Leicester and that, perhaps, he should reflect on whom misses whom.

Missed too many sitters. Looked half-arsed in most his matches. Had about 8 months of productivity where he looked like he could have a future he.

What did the top say?

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Wherever he is going to play (at the highest level) he is going to be a regular first team player.

If he goes in the PL he more then likely will end up in the same position as he was here, back up.

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Just want to reply to this so you guys above can see his stats. 95 goal contributions out of 232 played with most of them being a late sub when the game is gone. He probably still has the highest goal contribution per minute played ratio in the entire team. Yet people lay into him as if he has done nothing other than score a few goals. He has certainly scored his fair share given how sparingly he has been used.

That is quite a bold claim with little contemporary evidence to support it, but we should always wish a player who has helped us achieve things, well. Also feel the ever faster pace of the game will always impair Kelechi 's effectiveness, though could see him starting at a newly promoted or lower table club as long as they play a compatible style but beyond that probably not.

Best striker we've signed since Vardy, sadly not better than Vardy.  Never cemented his place in the team.

The amount of money we've spunked up the wall to replace a £1million signing from Fleetwood is ridiculous.

Hopefully moves abroad for regular game time

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If he goes in the PL he more then likely will end up in the same position as he was here, back up.

I reckon he could go Everton.. though are still under transfer embargo

8 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Cant say hes been treated that well last two years. Just not featured enough... yet Daka as featured more 🤔 think enzo got that one wrong.

Not having that. He started 5 of the first 6 league games this season. He rotated every match with Vardy in the first 12. 

He was given chances. When Daka came in his stats were exceptional.

• Like 1

He has all the tools but doesn't really know how to use any of them.

Likeable guy and as others have said, his FA Cup record is the thing that separates him from the other striking flops we've signed in recent times.  It's a shame that he got injured pretty much as soon as we signed him and was out for so long.  At that point, him, Vardy and Mahrez would have been fantastic together.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Kin 'ell I thought I was negative but you must be one of the most bitter people I've come across on here @foxile5lol

You're seeing things that aren't there.

Hahaha thanks. It means a lot. 

I'm not bitter. Just never really warmed up to the fella.

For the sake of balance - I enjoyed his friendship with Wilf.

• Thanks 1