Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Sad to see him go because of how it went so poorly this season. I watched him play for Nigeria years ago and was really impressed but just never worked out here for him. Assumed he was told he'd be first choice when Vardy retired, hence why he was here so long, but that hasn't happened. Honestly expected him (and Daka) to score goals for fun in this division, just wasn't to be and never really got a look in after AFCON. Wish him all the best wherever he goes and will always keep a little eye on him and how he's doing. Seems like a decent person as well

I thought he'd be the best striker in the Championship at the start of the season lol. He's not been a bad signing for the club though, delivered some great moments. I think time is up though I'm afraid. 

Immensely frustrating as you can’t help thinking that he should be better than he is. At his best he’s clinical and effective. At his worst he’s annoyingly lethargic and absent.

On balance and given our current financial plight, we just can’t afford to keep a player like Iheanacho around. It’s sad to see him go, but absolutely the right decision. 

He is, however, one of those where you can’t help thinking that it should have been even better. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

Was royally shat on by successive managers and eventually gave up believing. Really hope it works out for him at the next place, decent guy.

He was given plenty of chances throughout the years. Was playing 50/50 with Vardy at the start of the season. It’s his own poor form that left him out of the picture. 

Was great in the FA Cup winning season though. 

• Like 2

When he's on song, an exceptional player. Able to pick a pass, spin past an opponent and score with ease. 

It's when his touch/eye is off he becomes significantly less effective and stops a lot of moves. Isn't a 9, isn't really a 10. Work rate can be an issue for any pressing side and isn't overly quick for counter attacks 

Good player on his day looks outstanding, but doesn't do it enough, whether it be our systems or players around him. He'll never be a full out goal scorer.

Seems like a nice guy, rarely complained when spending most of his career on the bench.

Good luck to him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's been atrocious this season bar a spell of about 4-5 weeks around September to October time.

It confirmed to me that he cannot and will not ever be able to play as a 9 at a relatively high level. Put him in a front two and his qualities will likely outweigh his inefficiencies but very few sides play that way.

Funnily enough Emery has deployed a front two a lot in his career but less so at Villa. If he ends up there and prospers in such a role it wouldn't be a major surprise but equally could see him carrying on the same meandering contributions that he has at Leicester. No other club is likely to get a major honour out of it though like we did fortunately.

wouldn’t make a lot of sense for him to go to villa. duran seems an excellent back up to watkins. Then there’s been a rotation in that in behind the striker slot, youri, bailey, diaby have all held it at various stages (albeit variations of the role) and they have buendia returning to fitness and jacob ramsey…. how would he get any minutes when they have those options 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

I'm shocked i tells ya. Shocked.

Alright, alright Nacho’s #1 fan, we are all entitled to our opinion   :ph34r:

His legacy?

We wouldn’t have won the FA Cup for the only time in our history without him.

But yeah, overall he hasn’t done his talent full justice here. Which is a shame.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Alright, alright Nacho’s #1 fan, we are all entitled to our opinion   :ph34r:

Ha, so on Saturday when Kels tried to get past a defender but really got nowhere, my son turned to me and said 'What a donkey!'.

He clearly listens to me too much.

Just watched a YouTube complication of him...just to remind myself how good he could be at times.

Such a frustrating player - Should have absolutely dominated this season.

Ah well, thanks for the memories Kel.

• Like 3

Remember seeing him play for Man City and thinking he looked a real talent, and was very excited when we signed him. 

But apart from some moments that were few and far between, he's never reached what we all hoped his potential would be here. 

Wish it had worked out very differently for him here but I'll always remember that goal against Burton Albion this season.  

Good luck wherever he ends up (as long as it's not F****t) 

Posted (edited)

Biggest problem for me is his lack of mobility. Great finisher and link up play at times but his lack of movement makes him a very limited striker. Good luck to him at his next club but its deffo for the best we parted

Edited by South Shire Fox

Posted (edited)
On 07/05/2024 at 15:59, VintageFox73 said:

If you look at his stats they are not actually that bad

played- 232

Goals- 61

Assists - 34

overall goal/ assists - 95 

Yeah Hes played 232 games, but how many of those were as a substitute getting 5 mins here 5 mins there ....I still think he could do a job in the prem for us but by all accounts he turned day £65k per week 

Just want to reply to this so you guys above can see his stats. 95 goal contributions out of 232 played with most of them being a late sub when the game is gone. He probably still has the highest goal contribution per minute played ratio in the entire team. Yet people lay into him as if he has done nothing other than score a few goals. He has certainly scored his fair share given how sparingly he has been used.

Wherever he is going to play (at the highest level) he is going to be a regular first team player.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Just want to reply to this so you guys above can see his stats. 95 goal contributions out of 232 played with most of them being a late sub when the game is gone. He probably still has the highest goal contribution per minute played ratio in the entire team. Yet people lay into him as if he has done nothing other than score a few goals. He has certainly scored his fair share given how sparingly he has been used.

Wherever he is going to play (at the highest level) he is going to be a regular first team player.

He’s only scored more than 5 league goals once in a season for us. He’s been fine as a squad player, but he wouldn’t be a regular starter in any Premier League team.