Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

The FA cup year aside, hes never quite lived up to it.

I'm not sure his attitude is quite right as the T-shirt proves. I'm not sure he'll do much else, he disappointed me immensely this year.

Thanks for the involvement in the FA Cup win but its time the club stop offering silly deals to players who don't perform, deals really need to be performance related ie, finish top 8 get this much bonus, top 10 this much etc, up to them to deliver then! 

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

People saying he's been a disappointment. Do not underestimate how hard its been for kel or any other striker we signed to compete with Jamie Vardy for playing time in the last 8 years.

Most of it yes, but the last 2 years Vardy has been injured and not at the same levels, yet he still couldn't make that place his own. He had the talent to destroy the Championship and half the prem, he just seems to lack the application and attitude. 

• Like 2

I was so excited when we signed him as he was a player I'd wanted us to go for, but he's been underwhelming for the largest portion of his time here. Still, he produced the moments in our FA cup win, so I think he's done more than enough not to receive some of the disrespect he's getting. I also don't think he's been lazy or going through the motions because of his contract. Nothing we've seen (or rather not seen) from him this season is anything different to what we'd seen before up until the Crystal Palace game which looked like his last chance saloon which he messed up. I've said it probably in this thread that he has this weird trait of levelling out at whatever level he's playing at. If he went to Palace he'd probably look a decent middling Premier League striker. If he went to Rotherham next season he'd probably look like any other League One striker and not stand out.

51 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Saw he was wearing a t-shirt but couldnt see what was on it. What a complete plonker. Reports now in the press that he turned down a reduced deal and his agent is now pushing for Villa. You would imagine Unai is smarter than that, but you never know.

This, along with Youri, needs to be the model for what running down your contract looks like. 

Villa’s formation and style requires a hard working and pressing forward, literally the last thing you’d want Nacho to do. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him in Saudi Arabia.

I’ve always liked him and he probably has been value for money for £25m in general over the years. I think a lot of managers have been frustrated by his work rate and it’s probably best he leaves. It means we probably need to bring in at least two strikers now on a limited budget which isn’t going to be easy.

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Villa’s formation and style requires a hard working and pressing forward, literally the last thing you’d want Nacho to do. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him in Saudi Arabia.

I think agents see Villa as the last chance saloon to getting big salaries for free agents. They are pretty maxed out though so don't see them getting someone like Kels on a 100k a week deal.

• Like 1

You can be grateful for his contribution to the FA Cup run and still think it's the right thing to let him go.

Isn't he on circa £70k a week? I guess you have to look at value for money, and IMHO Nacho doesn't stack up to well in that regard. I'd imagine we offered a new contract on a much-less generous wage, which I don't blame him for rejecting.

I think Kels is a good player, but at the start of this season, Enzo made him the main man. He started almost every game and was given a golden opportunity. He was really poor, to be perfectly honest. had then Enzo had to turn to Patson who was 'streaky' at best, and then (as per every other manager) back to a 37 year old GOAT. This just highlights how badly we need another striker we can rely on and Nacho, especially in the system we play, is not that man.

Again, I'm not being mean, but I'd be amazed if Villa wanted him. If he goes there and suddenly starts looking like a different player like Youri has, then IMHO (like Youri), he's absolutely no loss if he can't be arsed to do his best for LCFC but will put in the effort for another football club.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Laying into a player that's given us probs 50% of his entire career. 

Maybe he turned down a contract as he doesn't like playing just 10 mins cameos every 7 or 8 games? 

Maybe after 7 years he just fancies a new challenge. 

He's been underused. His best role is as second striker, which has fallen out of fashion. His weight of pass in that role is sublime; three examples off the top of my head 

Leeds away last season as someone else pointed out

The KDH, Winks goal at wba this season

Sending Barnes thro at Eindhoven..

He's done that countless.times in addition to his goals. And some of his goals have been gorgeous. That spurs away at wembley was one of the best long range shots I've ever seen. That little delayed finish away at Brighton. His goals away at Villa in the league and league cup. Delicious.

I'll miss him. And wish him well. Hope he gets a great move. 

Interesting take as you seem to pan Enzo for every decision and have very exacting high standards, towards a manager who has led us to promotion and a trophy whilst seeming pretty dedicated and focused,  yet happy to back slap

a player who has mostly been inconsistent, had a 6 month purple patch when his first contract was expiring and then for the remainder of his time has had flashes of brilliance but on the whole has been average and at times looks like he can barely be arsed. 

Yes he should be remembered for his positive contributions over his time here but in truth he has been a bit of an enigma. He has been handsomely rewarded for what he has achieved for the club, but this season he has been disappointing and I think the time is absolutely right to say thanks but we cannot afford to carry anyone on big wages who has a 4/5 match purple run twice a season. We have to be ruthless, thanks for he memories but time to move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We only knew for sure what division we would be playing in last week. Absolutely no chance the club has offered anyone a new contract yet. Not Iheanacho. Not Vardy. Not Vestergaard. 

Now it could be that there have been negotiations with us, or even with another club, as is his right as a pending free agent. But these rumours of a new contract offer from us are bollox imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

you seem to pan Enzo for every decision and have very exacting high standards, towards a manager who has led us to promotion and a trophy whilst seeming pretty dedicated and focused,  yet happy to back slap

a player who has mostly been inconsisten

Fair points however, it's likely part of his inconsistency was his lack of game time. The one time he had an extended run, he was electric and very very difficult to defend against

As for Enzo, Kels has credit in the bank. Enzo not. He was handed every possible advantage a manager could ever wish for. Money, squad strength, squad depth, weak opposition....and yet still lost a quarter of his games. The manager hasn't got goodwill from me that Kels has, who's done it at the top level

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We only knew for sure what division we would be playing in last week. Absolutely no chance the club has offered anyone a new contract yet. Not Iheanacho. Not Vardy. Not Vestergaard. 

Now it could be that there have been negotiations with us, or even with another club, as is his right as a pending free agent. But these rumours of a new contract offer from us are bollox imo.

Like Daka he’s been a likeable man and probably escaped a lot of infield criticism. When he scored his goals during Covid, I think quite a few assists came from Vardy. He did play better with 2 strikers. Unfortunately he seems t9 be quite an unintelligent player and the times he has been caught offside through dawdling back from an attack must be unnecessarily high. Good luck to him wherever he finishes up.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Can tell his future is away from here. And probably done so for ages given his lack of game time. 

Good luck in his future endeavours. Got a feeling he'll go abroad. 

Has the Turkish league written all over him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Has the Turkish league written all over him.

Reckon Serie A; it seems a more slower pace league, which might suit him better.

20 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Reckon Serie A; it seems a more slower pace league, which might suit him better.

I could see it, but the only clubs who could afford his wages probably wouldn't fancy him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I could see it, but the only clubs who could afford his wages probably wouldn't fancy him

Agreed.

Obviously, can also see a Saudi club being keen..

Shows how hard getting signings right because this one seemed to be such a good move at the time. Some bright spots there and a fun character to have around, but can be elite and shite in the same move.

Not sure where he ends up next. Definitely needs to be playing. Think he'd do alright at Brentford if they got rid of Toney, not replacing the goals but support alongside Maupay, Wissa, Mbeumo could be dangerous.

Got talent but his work rate lets him down massively. Such a shame as could go on to do really well.

He’ll go wherever the money is.

We need to shift Daka and invest in a first choice number 9 with Vardy and Cannon to support

I like the lad at Luton but don’t think he fits Enzos style of play 

4 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Got talent but his work rate lets him down massively. Such a shame as could go on to do really well.

He’ll go wherever the money is.

We need to shift Daka and invest in a first choice number 9 with Vardy and Cannon to support

I like the lad at Luton but don’t think he fits Enzos style of play 

Shifting Nacho and Daka gets big wages off the bill, and possibly a modest fee for the latter. I actually think that could bring in something of a marquee signing, especially as Vardy slows down.

13 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Shifting Nacho and Daka gets big wages off the bill, and possibly a modest fee for the latter. I actually think that could bring in something of a marquee signing, especially as Vardy slows down.

You would like to think that we’ve known of the need for a new striker for a while and Glover has been on the case

34 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Shows how hard getting signings right because this one seemed to be such a good move at the time. Some bright spots there and a fun character to have around, but can be elite and shite in the same move.

Not sure where he ends up next. Definitely needs to be playing. Think he'd do alright at Brentford if they got rid of Toney, not replacing the goals but support alongside Maupay, Wissa, Mbeumo could be dangerous.

I'd take Maupay here. He'd do well for a club in our position and the shithousery from him and Vardy would be insane entertainment  

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Fair points however, it's likely part of his inconsistency was his lack of game time. The one time he had an extended run, he was electric and very very difficult to defend against

As for Enzo, Kels has credit in the bank. Enzo not. He was handed every possible advantage a manager could ever wish for. Money, squad strength, squad depth, weak opposition....and yet still lost a quarter of his games. The manager hasn't got goodwill from me that Kels has, who's done it at the top level

I was going to embark on a reply, to the rest of your points, but then read this and st

5 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

You would like to think that we’ve known of the need for a new striker for a while and Glover has been on the case

You’d like to think that a recruitment team would be permanently on the case of finding strikers

13 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I'd take Maupay here. He'd do well for a club in our position and the shithousery from him and Vardy would be insane entertainment  

First and foremost I like strikers to be capable of scoring goals before being shithouses. Maupay is only good for the latter and posting on X about it.

• Like 1