Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

17 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

But worried that we even offered him a contract to be honest.

I think it happened earlier in the season when Enzo thought that he might work better in the system. We also may have offered him reduced terms. We don't know.

• Like 1

Offering him a contract probably bypasses some contractual term or bonus. 

I struggle to have any animosity towards Kel, but he's frustrated the hell out of me. No reason why he shouldn't have smashed it this season. Some great memories but another player who who will look back at the peak years of his career and think why was I only a bit part player. 

• Like 1

I want to see Kel do well then I watch him try and control a simple pass with his shin. If he holds onto the ball for more than 5 seconds you know he’s going to lose it. 

If he could use his right foot at all and could control the ball he wouldn’t have joined us. I still remember his rocket against Spurs. 

14 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think 7 years is long enough for a player to leave a lasting legacy at a club, or even write their names as club legends, or at the very least notable players that fans can boast played for them. 
After 7 years it’s quite telling that the vast majority of fans are wishing him well but really don’t care either way that he’s going. 

His record on paper is great as we can see a few posts up, and his purple patches were fantastic and helped us out in multiple crunch periods, but ultimately it just felt like he often couldn’t be bothered and was just waiting for a bigger club to come in. 

Shame really, was fully expecting him to rip this league up, but half of the time I watched him he was just walking about even when we were chasing. It’s just been stale for multiple seasons now, it could have been so much more. 

Thanks for the memories Kel. 

Yes, definitrly another Kramaric, just that he scored more crucial goals and was here for a lot longer to all intents and purposes! 

Like 90% of the squad over recent years, genuinely not fussed about Kel leaving.

I’m more annoyed how many players that we’ve see run down their contracts in the past two Summer windows.

Kel like Youri before him, have proven how that lack of 5% effort at this level gets punished. 

Good luck Kel but your t-shirt was wrong btw 😜

15 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Like 90% of the squad over recent years, genuinely not fussed about Kel leaving.

I’m more annoyed how many players that we’ve see run down their contracts in the past two Summer windows.

Kel like Youri before him, have proven how that lack of 5% effort at this level gets punished. 

Good luck Kel but your t-shirt was wrong btw 😜

The thing is, a few of us were arguing this about Kels last summer. I said frequently that he likely will run his contract out and we would see performances tail off, and i was frequently told Kel would score for fun in the championship and he isn't the sort of person to behave like that.

Need to get smarter than this. I was even dubious about Ndidi and although he was great 1st half of season, latter part wasn't the same. 

• Like 2

On 08/05/2024 at 12:18, richardsfoxes said:

Most frustrating player ive ever seen put on the Leicester top. I dont think I can think of any other player who can literally be a bystander for 35 games of the season and then literally 3-4 games in a row when he's on it you go wow what is he doing with us, should be at starting at Real Madrid.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Tbf he’s had to compete with a prime Vardy for most his time here who tbf could only be dislodged by a handful of strikers in the world, could be frustrating as hell but was key in some big moments will wish him all the best for his future

Managed to outscore him in a season too!

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1

Thankfully we were fine without him but can you imagine if we needed him and he played the way he did this season? Would have undone all the goodwill towards him. I thought I'd be gutted when he left but he revealed that trait in every modern day footballer this season and I couldn't care less now. 

An unreal player with some of the best technique I've seen for us at his peak. Played in a 2 with Vardy you could make a case for the best partnership we've had. It's a massive shame that wasn't utilised even more than it was. He was the absolute key to us winning that FA Cup but just like Youri, he quite unthinkably does so much to undo that after that he almost ruins all of that. 

You either die a hero or you live long enough to run down your contract and leave on a free for villa.