Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rodgers' plans for U23s

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

I’ve dreamt of this for so long, it’s been proclaimed before let’s hope with his long contract he achieves it.

Dream it. Think it. Talk about it. Do it. The basics of creation.   Look at Seagrave and now this. Your dream is coming true.:)

21 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Can't we find a better name? I remember the ridicule when those up the A6 went on about the Derby way. A bit cringy, we're better than that. 

Yeah, every club seems to do it. "The United Way". "The West Ham Way".

Turns out what they mean by those is they want to win games and play attacking football. Hardly some unique philosophy. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Can't we find a better name? I remember the ridicule when those up the A6 went on about the Derby way. A bit cringy, we're better than that. 

That said, so much better developing our own. Seagrave is going to be pivitol in this. 

The Leicester Shuffle is a good card move.

When you consider how much Chilwell, Barnes & Choudhury would have cost to buy & how much we could sell them for now, then the Academy make good financial sense. Playing the same style as the first team should be a very obvious choice. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

That said, so much better developing our own. Seagrave is going to be pivitol in this. 

There no way that isn't cringy to say it unless you're sterile as fcuk, like "possession philosophy" or something, it's not worth worrying about.

Beaglehole is 44****ing2 long ball though. The u23 have done alright for the last couple of years but in the whole it’s because they are bigger and stronger than the other teams. The centre half was the top scorer the season before last!

i suspect a new u23 manager will be required to implement Brendan's style.

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Hopefully their great run of form will get them some loans in Jan unless Bren fancies a direct route to the first team.

Loans are good but its crucial they find the right teams to loan them to. If our players are being taught to play a certain way, we don't want them being loaned to a team who plays like Burnley for example as it would not be productive for them at all. They'd need to join a top championship team but its whether any of them are ready for that level yet. If not, they'd be better staying with the u23's.