Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Starmer Next Labour Leader

Guest MattP
16 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

There is probably no bigger cheerleader for Johnson in the 'media' than Hodges. If Bojo said black was white Hodges would agree with him. He'd probably let him bang his wife as well if he asked nicely in Latin (or is that Harry Cole...). 

Just ridiculous frankly. 

Hodges has posted that Boris has been destroyed the last two weeks at PMQS.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Aww that's cute, using Dan Hodges as any kind of source for a win. He's so far up Boris' arse I'd be surprised if he didn't get a whiff of COVID too. 

And the lefties on here get accused of using spurious sources. Dan Hodges lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bilo said:

The problem is that Johnson's last straight to camera was the disastrous 'stay alert' address that's caused more harm to his standing than good. 

But still less harm than say appearing on GMB with Piers Morgan.

3 hours ago, bovril said:

Genuine question - do Tories who vote Tory "for small government" and individual rights believe they ever actually get that with the Conservative party?  

Personally I realise that once elected the Government have to govern for everyone, so no I don't think even a Conservative government will ever achieve what I would se as the ideal situation. They still get closer than any other party though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Imagine after all this, telling NHS staff from abroad that they need to pay over £600 to use the NHS, including the very same Drs who saved your own life. I don't think Starmer really needed to do anything at PMQs, this policy has done it all for him. 

Whats this sorry? I haven’t heard of this before.

4 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

So on Monday Tory MP's voted to raise the immigration health surcharge from £400 to £624 which foreign nationals outside of the EEA have to pay annually regardless of whether they use the NHS or not. Asked today in PMQ's if the Government would wave this fee for foreign national NHS and Care staff they said no.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

The NHS surcharge for migrant workers and their families is going up from £400 to £624 per year in October. 

So you can save lives (even the PM himself) and work stupid hours in a global virus outbreak, get a clap (not the clap!) from the public each Thursday evening but pay extra for the privilege :thumbup:.

Although doctors, nurses and paramedics have been given exemption for it for a year, care workers have not. 

Labour have put forward an amendment to the bill that was passed the other day. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wonder if the NHS Surcharge for migrant workers (It needs to go I agree with that) would look different if the country had not made such a move towards isolationism via Brexit? :unsure:

Not trying to justify Boris' comments in PMQs, just curious.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Not as much as I'd like. Unfortunately a lot of people in this country believe the govt can solve everything. The "something must be done brigade" hold too much sway. If you don't want constant hysterically negative press you have to go with the flow. 

That's not particular to one political party I don't think. We've seen in recent years many conservatives want things like immigration centrally planned rather than dictated by market forces, even if it means infringing civil liberties. We're embarking on the biggest change in relations with our neighbours for nearly 50 years because of the something-must-be-done brigade swayed by hysterical negative press.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I didn't really know where to put this, but thought it was funny.

Today he admitted to having a cleaner come into his house for 2 and a half hours a weeklollol

Monumental pleb if true

1 hour ago, bovril said:

That's not particular to one political party I don't think. We've seen in recent years many conservatives want things like immigration centrally planned rather than dictated by market forces, even if it means infringing civil liberties. We're embarking on the biggest change in relations with our neighbours for nearly 50 years because of the something-must-be-done brigade swayed by hysterical negative press.

That's true.

As for the other bit, something had to be done in that case because 52% voted for it, which is legitimate. People voting for change is kind of the definition of democracy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's true.

As for the other bit, something had to be done in that case because 52% voted for it, which is legitimate. People voting for change is kind of the definition of democracy

Sure, I was just interested whether small government and civil liberties really are that important to people when some of them frequently vote for the opposite. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Sure, I was just interested whether small government and civil liberties really are that important to people when some of them frequently vote for the opposite. 

Well we voted to leave a supra national system of govt so there's the small govt bit. I don't see what civil liberties I've lost either.

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well we voted to leave a supra national system of govt so there's the small govt bit. I don't see what civil liberties I've lost either.

Sure, I can see why one would vote out of the EU for more libertarian reasons, I just think it clashes a little bit with the reality of what a lot of people recently voted Conservative and / or Brexit for, like tighter immigration control or disillusionment with free market economics.

Edited by bovril

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Sure, I can see why one would vote out of the EU for more libertarian reasons, I just think it clashes a little bit with the reality of what a lot of people recently voted Conservative and / or Brexit for, like tighter immigration control or disillusionment with free market economics.

We're all individuals, we all have our own reasons for doing things, I can't speak for everyone who voted that way.

No offence to you, the points you've made have been fair and reasonable. but I really don't want to get involved in any intense debates anymore so I'm not going to relive all the brexit arguments of the past.

Just now, Webbo said:

We're all individuals, we all have our own reasons for doing things, I can't speak for everyone who voted that way.

No offence to you, the points you've made have been fair and reasonable. but I really don't want to get involved in any intense debates anymore so I'm not going to relive all the brexit arguments of the past.

Fair do's, I didn't really want to get sucked into it either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Today he admitted to having a cleaner come into his house for 2 and a half hours a weeklollol

My gawd that man is such a tool.  I of course have been paying my cleaner to stay at home and will continue to do so... My house is a ****ing mess though. 

7 hours ago, bovril said:

Genuine question - do Tories who vote Tory "for small government" and individual rights believe they ever actually get that with the Conservative party?  

I’m quite sympathetic to a lot of conservative ideals but I think the conservatives are more a right wing party than a conservative one, if that makes sense?

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’m not really his biggest fan but nothing he’s said is hypocritical, is it? He said that if you have a cleaner and you can afford to pay them to stay at home, you should. He then said that he has a cleaner who he is paying to stay at home.