Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

The co-writer and original singer of I Love Rock 'N' Roll, Alan Merrill, has died after contracting coronavirus.

His daughter Laura shared the news, saying the 69-year-old had been healthy enough to play shows a few weeks ago.

"He played down the 'cold' he thought he had," she wrote, before warning other families not to be complacent.

"You don't think It'll happen to you or your strong family. It has," she wrote. "Stay home if not for you, for others. For my dad. This thing is real."

I Love Rock 'N' Roll became a global hit for Joan Jett in 1982 and has been covered by artists ranging from Britney Spears to Weird Al Yankovic.

A parody version, I Love Sausage Rolls, was last year's Christmas number one in the UK, with proceeds going to charity.

Tony Lewis, one of the mathematicians who devised the Duckworth-Lewis rain rule in cricket dies aged 78.

He was actually 82 using the Duckworth-Lewis rule.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Tony Lewis, one of the mathematicians who devised the Duckworth-Lewis rain rule is cricket dies aged 78.

He was actually 82 using the Duckworth-Lewis rule.

For years I thought Tony Lewis of Duckwoth-Lewis fame was this Tony Lewis who captained England and was a presenter on BBC for years.

image.jpeg.bcdd50cb88ff181eaf62586847fe178e.jpeg

Imagine my surprise when I found out it wasn't him at all, but a completely different Tony Lewis :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

For years I thought Tony Lewis of Duckwoth-Lewis fame was this Tony Lewis who captained England and was a presenter on BBC for years.

Imagine my surprise when I found out it wasn't him at all, but a completely different Tony Lewis :unsure:

I thought exactly the same until you've just pointed this out now. :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Was this the other guy involved in the partnership? lol

325940.jpeg

• Haha 2