Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Hair WTF is hair?

Are you taking the piss?

26 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

You better beware,

You better take care.....

Blockbuster

Ahh Ahhh, Ahh Ahhh
You better beware, you better take care
You better watch out if you've got long black hair

Keep looking behind, you'll go out of your mind
You better not go, you never know what you'll find
Ahh Ahh Ahh, Ahh Ahhh 

:D
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

Blockbuster

Ahh Ahhh, Ahh Ahhh
You better beware, you better take care
You better watch out if you've got long black hair

Keep looking behind, you'll go out of your mind
You better not go, you never know what you'll find
Ahh Ahh Ahh, Ahh Ahhh 

:D

Can't say I recall the words to that, mind you I had 3 kids under 5 years old when that came out.

For a second I thought it was referring to 

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town
He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice
Santa Claus is coming to town
He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Willie Thorne is dead :(

Big Willie had his demons but he was a lovely lovely man, lucky to have spent a fair amount of time with him growing up when he was around the Whitwick area and had time for everybody always.

2 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yes and a few years ago also had prostate cancer too :(

Is his old club still there? I remember meeting my dad there for lunch occasionally maybe 20 odd years ago? 

I think theres still a club there, but what its called I don't know.

• Thanks 1

On 29/12/2019 at 07:55, Facecloth said:

Kirk Douglas

Vera Lynn

Murray Walker

Jimmy Carter

June Brown

Under 40 Lil Wayne

I'm sure Smuts will dispute this, but that's my second so far.

I vaguely remembered that there was someone to whom Vera Lynn's classic "We'll meet again" had a different meaning...... :D

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/bertie-smalls-quiet-death-of-the-original-supergrass-781020.html

"Bertie Smalls was never supposed to die of natural causes. A career criminal who collaborated in a famous bank robbery and then helped the police send his accomplices to prison; he had a price on his head for the last three decades of his life"

"Exactly 34 years ago this week, a small balding man with a droopy moustache and a comb-over took to the witness stand in the wood-panelled splendour of Court Two at the Old Bailey. When Bertie Smalls finished giving his testimony, the seven defendants he had incriminated began singing from the dock. After a rendition of the blues ballad "Whispering Grass", the ad hoc choir pointed their fingers into the shape of guns and sang the Dame Vera Lynn classic: "We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when."

"To those seated in the public gallery of Britain's most famous criminal court it was a bemusing and surreal spectacle. But for Smalls, the gang of armed robbers sitting in the dock and the members of Scotland Yard's Flying Squad watching proceedings, the meaning of the performance was chillingly clear. After some 15 years at the top of London's close-knit fraternity of hardened robbers and gangsters, Smalls, a 38-year-old career criminal with a big house and more than a dozen bank jobs to his name, had just achieved the dubious distinction of becoming Britain's first supergrass by giving a comprehensive account of a robbery on 10 August 1972 at a branch of Barclays in Ilford, east London, that netted £237,000 – a record amount at the time".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I vaguely remembered that there was someone to whom Vera Lynn's classic "We'll meet again" had a different meaning...... :D

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/bertie-smalls-quiet-death-of-the-original-supergrass-781020.html

"Bertie Smalls was never supposed to die of natural causes. A career criminal who collaborated in a famous bank robbery and then helped the police send his accomplices to prison; he had a price on his head for the last three decades of his life"

"Exactly 34 years ago this week, a small balding man with a droopy moustache and a comb-over took to the witness stand in the wood-panelled splendour of Court Two at the Old Bailey. When Bertie Smalls finished giving his testimony, the seven defendants he had incriminated began singing from the dock. After a rendition of the blues ballad "Whispering Grass", the ad hoc choir pointed their fingers into the shape of guns and sang the Dame Vera Lynn classic: "We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when."

"To those seated in the public gallery of Britain's most famous criminal court it was a bemusing and surreal spectacle. But for Smalls, the gang of armed robbers sitting in the dock and the members of Scotland Yard's Flying Squad watching proceedings, the meaning of the performance was chillingly clear. After some 15 years at the top of London's close-knit fraternity of hardened robbers and gangsters, Smalls, a 38-year-old career criminal with a big house and more than a dozen bank jobs to his name, had just achieved the dubious distinction of becoming Britain's first supergrass by giving a comprehensive account of a robbery on 10 August 1972 at a branch of Barclays in Ilford, east London, that netted £237,000 – a record amount at the time".

Edited by Vlad the Fox
Should read the full article before replying. lol

Just now, Vlad the Fox said:

Did they get him in the end?

Nope. He lived on for 34 years and died of natural causes........but I bet he looked over his shoulder quite often and wasn't entirely relaxed during those 34 years....

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Nope. He lived on for 34 years and died of natural causes........but I bet he looked over his shoulder quite often and wasn't entirely relaxed during those 34 years....

It’s an interesting article. He did well lasting 34 years considering he went back home and refused police protection. 

21 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It’s an interesting article. He did well lasting 34 years considering he went back home and refused police protection. 

Yes. Great quote from Sir Robert Mark, Met Police Commissioner, too: "A good police force is one that catches more criminals than it employs." 

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yes. Great quote from Sir Robert Mark, Met Police Commissioner, too: "A good police force is one that catches more criminals than it employs." 

Yes made me chuckle, makes you realise how different things were back then. But over 1700 armed robberies in London a year at its peak is incredible though, I can remember the glamour as a kid that seemed to surround bank jobs which was touched on with the ‘swashbuckling’ comment. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 1