Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Peter Bonetti gone now also. 

Some nice tributes towards the bottom here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52261413

I didn't remember him as a goalkeeping coach at top clubs and at England as per tributes from Lineker and Barton.

Neither did I know that he'd been an unused member of the 1966 World Cup winning squad.

I mainly remembered him as a great keeper for Chelsea when I was a kid & by reputation for having had a bad game, replacing Banks in the notorious 2-3 defeat to West Germany at the 1970 World Cup.

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Some nice tributes towards the bottom here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52261413

I didn't remember him as a goalkeeping coach at top clubs and at England as per tributes from Lineker and Barton.

Neither did I know that he'd been an unused member of the 1966 World Cup winning squad.

I mainly remembered him as a great keeper for Chelsea when I was a kid & by reputation for having had a bad game, replacing Banks in the notorious 2-3 defeat to West Germany at the 1970 World Cup.

Apparently he was Kasper's first coach at Man City

He was part of a great Chelsea team in the 60's when I was torn between supporting them (born there) or LCFC lived here.

Peter Osgood, Alan Hudson, Bobby Tambling, Charlie Cooke, Terry Venables, John Hollins. to name just a few

I used to go down there quite often and watch them as my sister lived just down the road from Stamford Bridge and I had 2 older brothers living there. The swinging 60's were in full swing, The Rolling Stones lived just down the road as well.

Come the 1965 League cup final I had to finally choose which club to go with I chose LCFC we lost but I never looked back or regretted my decision. LCFC had a great team as well.

Chelsea 3 Leicester 2 – League Cup Final, March 15th 1965

Leicester 0 Chelsea 0 – League Cup Final, April 5th 1965

RIP Peter - The Cat.

• Like 2

Matthew Seligman. 64

Guitarist who worked with Thomas Dolby and David Bowie. Was a member of the Thompson twins before they were big.

He was best known for his work with new wave act The Soft Boys. The album Underwater Moonlight was an influence on the likes of REM and the Stone Roses.

Edited by Blue ROI

On 17/04/2020 at 11:01, surrifox said:

Norman "bites your leg" Hunter -76

Was in the England squad in '66. Never got on the pitch and he didn't get a World Cup winners medal until about 30 years later as only those who played in a game got one back then.

1 hour ago, Foxesmints said:

Michael Robinson RIP

Sorry to hear that, though I knew he'd been ill with cancer.

Remember him as a player - but also came across him as a football pundit on Spanish TV.

Absolute respect for that - not just going and living abroad, but achieving a level of fluency sufficient to offer live analysis off the cuff in Spanish - he spoke very well, as I recall, and reports suggest he was highly rated over there. 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/leicester-born-former-liverpool-striker-4084380

Leicester-born former Liverpool striker Michael Robinson dies from skin cancer aged 61
'It leaves us with a great emptiness'

ByMaia SnowMark Jones
11:50, 28 APR 2020

Michael Robinson pictured in his role as a Spanish television pundit circa 1994 (Image: Getty Images)
0_Michael-Robinson.jpg
A Leicester-born striker, who played for Manchester City and Liverpool, has died from skin cancer at the age of 61.

The death of Michael Robinson, who was born in Leicester, was announced by his family on his Twitter account today (April 28).

He had been suffering from a malignant melanoma, which he was diagnosed with in December 2018.

His family said in the statement on his Twitter: "With tremendous sadness we inform you of Michael's death.

"It leaves us with a great emptiness, but also countless memories, full of the same love that you have shown him.

"We will be eternally grateful to you for making this man SO HAPPY, he never walked alone.

"Thank you."

Robinson, won the league title and European Cup at Anfield in 1984 and won 24 caps for the Republic of Ireland during the course of his career, The Mirror reports.

Liverpool signed Robinson from Brighton, for whom he had just played in the FA Cup final, for £250,000 in the summer of 1983.

The forward went on to challenge Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish for a place in the Reds first-team, playing enough games to earn a title medal for the 1983/84 campaign.

He came on as a substitute for Dalglish in extra-time of the 1984 European Cup final against Roma in Rome, where the Reds went on to win on penalties to clinch their fourth European crown.

After moving on to QPR in search of more first-team football, he then moved to Spanish side Osasuna in January 1987 along with his former Liverpool teammate Sammy Lee.

Robinson settled in Spain after retiring from football in 1989.

After learning the language he became a successful commentator and media pundit on La Liga matches and Spanish national team games for a variety of of television and radio stations.

The former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso tweeted his condolences, writing: "You'll never walk alone Michael!!

"Rest in peace."

The founder of Leicester Children's Choir, Robert Mandell, has died of coronavirus in hospital.

The 90-year-old grandfather, who was known as “Leicester’s Mr Music”, had been admitted to hospital after a fall at home.

He passed away on Saturday morning at Leicester Royal Infirmary just two days after testing positive for Covid-19.