Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Wow. I'm guessing the court case thing last year had a big part to play... 

Who knows? People take their own lives for many reasons. Speculation is not a positive reaction. Just a shame that anyone, well known or insignificant, is a direct tragedy for themselves and those that care about them. The reasons do matter but the end result is the same and is sad and tragic for all concerned.

Anyone who takes their own life at that age is always a tragedy, I never really watched her shows as they weren't quite my cup of tea. But I'm aware she always good at her job whatever she was presenter. I suppose Caroline it wasn't just trial that was just the problem it was the mockery that went with it. She certainly went through alot of stick when it was announced she supposedly assualted her boyfriend... which also cannot be forgotten either. However the world of social media certainly took it's place in this. 

The social media backlash for this seems huge. Not sure if it's because people really liked her or if it's more the nature of how the media played a role in her demise but my news feed on Facebook reads as if she was a national treasure 

Sad when anyone takes their life but I'm just a bit surprised by how strong of a reaction its got

Edited by foxfanazer

Very very sad. Always thought she was a good presenter for these kind of shows (not that I watch Love Island - but the missus does).

And it's understandable that people are lashing out at the press, but the real root of the problem is the people who "consume' this media. People on Facebook and whatnot are constantly sharing links from the Sun, Mail etc and they are part of the problem. In my office at lunchtime I see people (mainly, but not entirely women) trawling the Daily Mail site for gossip. I refuse to click anything from the Mail, Express, Sun etc. 

It's absolutely bonkers, and these people (who click these sites) are part of the problem.

But this morning, I just feel sad that this lady felt so desperate that there didn't seem to be any way out for her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

The social media backlash for this seems huge. Not sure if it's because people really liked her or if it's more the nature of how the media played a role in her demise but my news feed on Facebook reads as if she was a national treasure 

Sad when anyone takes their life but I'm just a bit surprised by how strong of a reaction its got

Weird one for me. Just had a look at twitter this morning and I see people I know banging on about mental health and how people feel yet I know for a fact they'll be taking the piss out of someone tomorrow.

I've said for years but it's about time working class people stopped reading right wing newspapers though. The Sun/The Daily Mail absolute awful newspapers. 

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've said for years but it's about time working class people stopped reading right wing newspapers though. The Sun/The Daily Mail absolute awful newspapers. 

In 2019 those papers are more in touch with the working class though than any others - as recent elections show.

I'd never heard of Caroline Flack before today but to be honest the people seeking to blame a TV show, Twitter, the media seem to be doing it to satisfy their own prejudices. I laughed out loud as one person I saw on Facebook today had changed their profile picture to "be kind to others" when she's one of the most abusive people in the World towards people like Piers Morgan and more recently Lawrence Fox.

The family seem to be pointing the finger at the CPS.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

In 2019 those papers are more in touch with the working class though than any others - as recent elections show.

I'd never heard of Caroline Flack before today but to be honest the people seeking to blame a TV show, Twitter, the media seem to be doing it to satisfy their own prejudices. I laughed out loud as one person I saw on Facebook today had changed their profile picture to "be kind to others" when she's one of the most abusive people in the World towards people like Piers Morgan and more recently Lawrence Fox.

The family seem to be pointing the finger at the CPS.

Oh yeah I'm not doubting that. Like I said in my post people talking about being kind will be the first to be taking the piss out of someone tomorrow.

32 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Probably the second most important invention to do with computers after incognito tabs 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BirminghamFox said:

Whoops! I’d had a few to be fair last night after a train journey and bus replacement service from the game.... saw on Facebook he’d died and posted lol... 

Here he comes

Walking off the train

The strangest thoughts are

Going on in his brain

Hey! Hey! He's the Drunkee

People say he's drinkin' around

But he's too busy posting

To put anybody down (well, except in their graves in the Deathlist thread....)

;)

• Haha 4

Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarek has died at the age of 91.

Mubarek spent three decades in power, before a popular uprising swept Egypt.

he was found guily of complicity in the killing of protesters but that conviction was overturned and he was freed in march '17

On 25/02/2020 at 13:25, foxy boxing said:

Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarek has died at the age of 91.

Mubarek spent three decades in power, before a popular uprising swept Egypt.

he was found guily of complicity in the killing of protesters but that conviction was overturned and he was freed in march '17

What's weird here is that there's some kind of rather positive coverage of Mubarak as a person, even though he was, in essence, just another African dictator.