Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

37 minutes ago, AjcW said:

When was the last time an old firm game was a title decider? 

Second last game of the season should be tasty lol, looking at the fixtures you'd back both teams to win their 3 games before that.

So could be Rangers lifting the title against Celtic at Ibrox. Which might well be the funniest ****ing thing ever (linked to brendan...)

Its going top be epic, can't wait.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AjcW said:

When was the last time an old firm game was a title decider? 

Second last game of the season should be tasty lol, looking at the fixtures you'd back both teams to win their 3 games before that.

So could be Rangers lifting the title against Celtic at Ibrox. Which might well be the funniest ****ing thing ever (linked to brendan...)

1999, I remember it well. Rangers won the league at Parkhead.

There were 3 pitch invasions, 3 red cards, a fan fell from the upper stand, the ref was bust open by a coin thrown at him, ugly scenes afterwards and I remember Neil McCann's (who scored 2) parents home in Port Glasgow was vandalised. 

A nasty footnote in the history of Scottish football, they've carefully tried to avoid that scenario ever since. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

There were 3 pitch invasions, 3 red cards, a fan fell from the upper stand, the ref was bust open by a coin thrown at him, ugly scenes afterwards and I remember Neil McCann's (who scored 2) parents home in Port Glasgow was vandalised. 

A nasty footnote in the history of Scottish football, they've carefully tried to avoid that scenario ever since. 

I recall seeing a short documentary about it somewhere. 

If I remember correctly, it was Sunday pre a bank holiday Monday, perhaps May day, and it was the last time the game was played on a weekend in either the 4pm or 630pm slot. 

Vidar Riseth absolutely clattered someone in the last minute. 

I only watch these games in the hope it turns out something like that day. Its the benchmark 🤣🤣

25 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

I recall seeing a short documentary about it somewhere. 

If I remember correctly, it was Sunday pre a bank holiday Monday, perhaps May day, and it was the last time the game was played on a weekend in either the 4pm or 630pm slot. 

Vidar Riseth absolutely clattered someone in the last minute. 

I only watch these games in the hope it turns out something like that day. Its the benchmark 🤣🤣

Aye, it was definitely a later kick off. I remember, me and a few friends going a walk up the hills before realising that we were damn near in Port Glasgow and the walk back would take longer than we had so we ran to my cousins house to watch it which was like a Lions den of tims! Lol. 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2024 at 09:44, Scotch said:

I watched that game with a staunch lot from Airdrie visiting my flatmate and I certainly learned some new stuff :blink:, then straight after the game I drove across Glasgow from my flat in Springburn to my other half's in the West End.

It was end of days stuff.

I saw people, err, expressing their culture, by ganging up, fighting or lying either injured or drunk in the road and when I got to my (now) wife's place, she lived above a pub and there was a dude lying face down on the threshold bleeding onto the step.

This is why the years after 2012 were (relatively speaking) so lovely in Glasgow while the arsecheeks weren't playing each other.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Rodgers blaming the officials for the loss

Yeah right brendan

Surprised he's not publicly blaming his players to save his own skin - though to be fair that would actually be partially true due to the blatant red, so it's not in his playbook.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Delighted Celtic lost but the penalty Hearts got was an absolute joke lol

So was the red and other pen to be fair, all 3 decisions were a case of common sense says they're probably not, but if you take the wording of the law too literally without applying any context then yes they are (a decent ref would have given 0 pens and no red card). That being said, I'm delighted he did in this instance haha

As soon as Idah missed the pen, you just knew that the Rodgers choke had set in, I absolutely loved every minute of that game lol

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

So was the red and other pen to be fair, all 3 decisions were a case of common sense says they're probably not, but if you take the wording of the law too literally without applying any context then yes they are (a decent ref would have given 0 pens and no red card). That being said, I'm delighted he did in this instance haha

As soon as Idah missed the pen, you just knew that the Rodgers choke had set in, I absolutely loved every minute of that game lol

Red is definitely a red, no? Very high foot and made contact with the face? 

Don't agree that Hearts' penalty was one either, very very soft. If the Hearts penalty was given against us, I'd be absolutely fuming. 

• Like 1

Interesting that I’ve read a number of comments now about Celtic not possessing the same intensity as last season. 

Something I said to my son last season. We are good enough, but we were nowhere near fit enough or intense enough. 

no coincidence imo 

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Has he blamed the Celtic supporters yet?

Blame the board for lack of support  check2.JPG.b42e54a2e14a146ea8c92604223745f9.JPG
Blame the refs  check2.JPG.b42e54a2e14a146ea8c92604223745f9.JPG
Blame the players

Blame the fans

Just four more matchdays ... not much time to cram half of his routine in.  But he'll manage it  :yesyes:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Red is definitely a red, no? Very high foot and made contact with the face? 

Don't agree that Hearts' penalty was one either, very very soft. If the Hearts penalty was given against us, I'd be absolutely fuming. 

Not convinced there was any contact at all to be fair. Like I say, if you apply the laws then it's a red, but he's not acted with any malice there and i'm not convinced he was at all aware of anyone so close. Just seems harsh to me, but he shouldn't have put himself in that position where the ref has to make a call .