Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

Picking between Rangers and a team managed by Rodgers for the Scottish title is like having to pick between viral haemorrhagic fever and genital neuropathy as a preferred choice of disease.

Really wish there was a third option. A pox on both their houses.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

We  feel  felt  actually we are enjoying your pain. 

Sorry mate, until your board ends this fraud's inexplicable career, sympathy will be hard to come by in these parts.

The board are frauds too tbh and it was them that brought Rodgers back against the will of the fans.

I don't want or expect sympathy, just to be clear.

18 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No one, among the fans anyway wanted him back as we know it would turn out this way. 

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/brendan-rodgers-a-thread-t140709.html

Nah, not having that, everyone seems delighted at the start of this thread on Kerrydale, which I can only describe as a long, slow descent into madness. lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I shouldn't but I really wanna go on 606 and have a word with Sutton. 

I can't stand Boyd and Sutton on sky. Couple of babies trying to be smart and out do each other. ( sort of sums up Rangers v Celtic). 

He does talk sense at times, for example he nails the current situation at Celtic above, and he's not as Celtic blinkered as like say, Hartson. 

Unfortunately, he's part of this "shock jock" mentality in our football media that gathers clicks or phone calls for their current employers. 

I just can’t believe he went back. You can say money, but I can’t imagine Celtic are paying him a king‘s ransom. Had he held out, he probably could’ve gotten a Palace or West Ham job. Maybe even a decent one in Spain.

He was hated when he left and moreover he was never going to better what he’d already achieved there.

Now he‘s destroyed Ange‘s successful team and is blaming the players again. This is a crap Rangers team that he’s behind. It’s hilarious. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I just can’t believe he went back. You can say money, but I can’t imagine Celtic are paying him a king‘s ransom. Had he held out, he probably could’ve gotten a Palace or West Ham job. Maybe even a decent one in Spain.

He was hated when he left and moreover he was never going to better what he’d already achieved there.

Now he‘s destroyed Ange‘s successful team and is blaming the players again. This is a crap Rangers team that he’s behind. It’s hilarious. 

Wonder if he thought he was inheriting a good team from Ange and could win some easy silverware to rebuild his brand/reputation...

4 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

He had a two month head start on Rangers as they had Beale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/brendan-rodgers-a-thread-t140709.html

Nah, not having that, everyone seems delighted at the start of this thread on Kerrydale, which I can only describe as a long, slow descent into madness. lol

Not representative of match going fans whatsoever.

If you look at my posts on here when he was reappointed I was saying the same thing. 

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not representative of match going fans whatsoever.

If you look at my posts on here when he was reappointed I was saying the same thing. 

Is this, from October, representative of match-going fans? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Sutton was fine and then its as if he saw the success of Talksport and doubled down. 606 used to be a proper decent listen but absolutely awful now. Sutton and Savage repeating the same things about each other. There was a time when 606 was a programme targeted at match going fans rather than click bait/hot takes. 

That’s because match going fans would have been listening in their cars - but now it’s on after a commentary, and everyone left early from their games, there’s no natural audience for the old show.

Invariably, Colin from Towcester ‘calling about the Liverpool game’ didn’t go to it.

11 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

If he gets sacked from Celtic, his reputation will be in the gutter. 

*when

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Langston said:

Is this, from October, representative of match-going fans? 

We get 1200 tickets for tynecastle lol Then when you consider the green brigade are 200 of that who have openly opposed his return with banners and protests from the start then, to answer your question no, 1200 isn’t representative of the 60,000 that go every second week. 

I'll also add in I had a few family members in that stand that day who also hate Rodgers and have been consistent in never wanting him back lol 

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

19 hours ago, Corky said:

He had a two month head start on Rangers as they had Beale.

Exactly, it’s embaressing. When Clement came in we were 7 points clear, so he’s had a 7 point head start and made an arse of that too. Furthermore, the two victories against Rangers have really saved his skin so far as if even one of them went the other way the league would already be over.

I said it on here when he was appointed Leicester manager (being selective with my words I’ll admit to not upset anyone) and once again when he came back to us in the summer, the guys a fraud and the majority of proper fans saw through him right from the start of his return.

On 19/02/2024 at 12:36, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah it’s a strange one, knowing Rodgers though it was purely an ego trip coming back, in his head he’ll have thought, watch me make all them love me again. He’s a busted flush as a manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I genuinely think football has just passed him by. If you look at top level possession-based manager i.e. Guardiola, Arteta and even the likes of De Zerbi, there's so much more emphasis on rotation and positioning to break the opposition down. They are also so much more intense hen they don't have the ball. He's looking more and more like yesterday's man. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I genuinely think football has just passed him by. If you look at top level possession-based manager i.e. Guardiola, Arteta and even the likes of De Zerbi, there's so much more emphasis on rotation and positioning to break the opposition down. They are also so much more intense hen they don't have the ball. He's looking more and more like yesterday's man. 

For me, when you look at teams who play possession based football and who look to break the press of oppositions, they almost always have passing patterns drilled into them. Little sequences of play that they will look for to pass that initial press. We do it for example. The triangles between the GK/Vesty/winks and the other CBs will usually break that. 

Rodgers doesn't have that. He seems to try rely on the players to work it out and they just aren't good enough.