Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not convinced there was any contact at all to be fair. Like I say, if you apply the laws then it's a red, but he's not acted with any malice there and i'm not convinced he was at all aware of anyone so close. Just seems harsh to me, but he shouldn't have put himself in that position where the ref has to make a call .

It'd amount to dangerous play as opposed to malice though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It'd amount to dangerous play as opposed to malice though. 

Yeah, just weird that if he does the same thing and there's no player near him all of a sudden it's not classed as dangerous play. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Yeah, just weird that if he does the same thing and there's no player near him all of a sudden it's not classed as dangerous play. 

That's not really weird though, is it? If there is no-one near him he can't hurt anyone so it's not dangerous... Seriously foul play is deemed "any challenge can seriously hurt an opponent"... Having your studs out 5ft in the air has potential to seriously hurt someone, malice or not.

38 minutes ago, Scotch said:

That's not really weird though, is it? If there is no-one near him he can't hurt anyone so it's not dangerous... Seriously foul play is deemed "any challenge can seriously hurt an opponent"... Having your studs out 5ft in the air has potential to seriously hurt someone, malice or not.

Well if youre not aware of someone being there then its essentially the same as nobody being there. In that the player is making that move under the assumption a player isn't there.

Maybe it should be a red card regardless of where it is on the pitch or the circumstances. Rather than punishments being dished out based on the results, punish the actions.

Yellow for me, ref got it spot on with his initial assessment.

45 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well if youre not aware of someone being there then its essentially the same as nobody being there. In that the player is making that move under the assumption a player isn't there.

Maybe it should be a red card regardless of where it is on the pitch or the circumstances. Rather than punishments being dished out based on the results, punish the actions.

Yellow for me, ref got it spot on with his initial assessment.

...but he clearly WAS aware the player was there. He was facing him. 

I think the penalty that Celtic got was far mote of a contentious decision. I mean, the red card can be argued either way were as that's never a penalty... no way shape or form. It's closer to being a FK for Hearts. 

• Like 1

Wornock gets his 1st win and books us a semi final berth. 

Then steps aside and leaves the club.. .. 

As someone has just said, " he's so brexit, the first sniff of getting into Europe and he walks"

Probobly fancies a week at Cheltenham instead. See ye Neil. 👋👋

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

As someone has just said, " he's so brexit, the first sniff of getting into Europe and he walks"

It’s all about himself, I used to really like him but I’m not sure anymore. Fingers crossed you pull away now. Reckon Kilmarnock will be disappointed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

Classic Warnock .

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Seems like more Celtic fans than Livingston's at the Macaroni Arena.

They only ever seem to use one stand for home fans there .

Even when playing non Old Firm teams .

Just leave stands empty ,

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

A few clubs have talked about reducing the away support allocation for the OF because they can't behave themselves and smash the place up.

Jim White wants 7k at each Old Firm game. But then he never mentions their behaviour so no surprise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vacamion said:

A few clubs have talked about reducing the away support allocation for the OF because they can't behave themselves and smash the place up.

Remember speaking to a Kilmarnock fan a few years back, said he knew many who often deliberately missed old firm home games because of how bad they both were. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anorak said:

Remember speaking to a Kilmarnock fan a few years back, said he knew many who often deliberately missed old firm home games because of how bad they both were. 

And the SPL have no intention of doing anything, they are the cash cow.

Motherwell and Hibs had their seats ripped out and stands vandalised by Celtic fans and they recently told BBC Scotland they were going to reduce away fan allocations because of these issues.

40 minutes ago, Anorak said:

Yeah, I know plenty of Aberdeen fans with kids who deliberately miss old firm games at Pittodrie. 

It's embarrassing listening to the song book of both clubs. 

• Like 1