Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Newcastle 0-3 Leicester City - Vote Now

Newcastle 0-3 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.1

Total Average Rating

152 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

James Maddison 8.2
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Youri Tielemans 6.0
  4. Manager Confidence 99% +1%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 01/01/20
Voting Ends: 05/01/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Çağlar Söyüncü
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Christian Fuchs
  5. Wilfred Ndidi
  6. Ricardo Pereira
  7. Youri Tielemans
  8. James Maddison
  9. Ben Chilwell
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Ayoze Pérez
  12. Demarai Gray (sub)
  13. Hamza Choudhury (sub)
  14. Wes Morgan (sub)

9 for Perez, Ndidi and Maddison.

8 for the back 5, and for Demarai and Hamza.

7 for Schmeichel, Iheanacho and Tielemans. Tielemans did have a relatively poor game in terms of his use of the ball but he carried on running, showing for the ball, tracking back. I think the criticism is overstated.

• Like 3

I wasn't that impressed with Chilwell playing out on the wing. As a winger he posed little by way of threat usually resorting to putting the ball back rather than taking on their defence. He did provide an outlet on the wing but, for my money not much else. Disappointing when you consider what he can do with his forward runs. Not really his fault, just shows he is not a winger.

Edited by oldbluefox
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, oldbluefox said:

I wasn't that impressed with Chilwell playing out on the wing. As a winger he posed little by way of threat usually resorting to putting the ball back rather than taking on their defence. He did provide an outlet on the wing but, for my money not much else. Disappointing when you consider what he can do with his forward runs. Not really his fault, just shows he is not a winger.

I have to agree. If we play 3 at the back with two wingers, Chilwell unfortunately has to make way for Justin, Fuchs (if someone else plays as the third CB), Albrighton or even Barnes if we are to be more adventurous. His constant backpasses are pretty annoying as his teammates keep trying to get into good positions (eg. Gray after he came on) to receive the pass - the thing is he does not even look forward! It seems he cares more about completion rate than trying something. It really puts a lot more stress on the right wing to produce.

Edited by Tom12345

14 hours ago, oldbluefox said:

I agree with this.

However, I do feel that Rodgers has told him to play this way as those balls back and more cautious play seem to have turned on like a light switch after Brendan's arrival. 

Rodgers will know we have a more of a chance of scoring building again through Youri, Madders or even Ricardo on the other side than Chilwell tearing down the wing. 

5.9 is very harsh for Tielemans. He was a little slack on the ball, I think because he's looking for a pass - however he carved Newcastle open at least 2 times with key passes.

Frankly, it's amazing that he can have an "off" game and still be good.

We are blessed to have a player of this quality.

At 22, he has so much time for him to learn when to do a quick first-time pass and when to turn and look for the killer pass.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Beechey said:

5.9 is very harsh for Tielemans. He was a little slack on the ball, I think because he's looking for a pass - however he carved Newcastle open at least 2 times with key passes.

Frankly, it's amazing that he can have an "off" game and still be good.

We are blessed to have a player of this quality.

At 22, he has so much time for him to learn when to do a quick first-time pass and when to turn and look for the killer pass.

Totally agree, we expect too much from Youri I feel due to what we know he can do, his Top End consistency will definitely come he has to much quality for it not to. 

6 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I have to agree. If we play 3 at the back with two wingers, Chilwell unfortunately has to make way for Justin, Fuchs (if someone else plays as the third CB), Albrighton or even Barnes if we are to be more adventurous. His constant backpasses are pretty annoying as his teammates keep trying to get into good positions (eg. Gray after he came on) to receive the pass - the thing is he does not even look forward! It seems he cares more about completion rate than trying something. It really puts a lot more stress on the right wing to produce.

I felt sorry for Gray and Iheanacho. Times they made runs to provide him with a pass through only for him to turn back. They must have wondered why they had bothered as attacking opportunity after opportunity went begging. Maybe that is what Rodgers had told him to do but it seems a pity he didn't tell Gray and Nacho.By contrast there was a lot of movement over on the other wing. I just think Chilwell does a good job in bombing forward but it's what he does with it once he gets there. We have an England full back who is vastly different to Pereira and nobody would like to see the same threat on both sides of the pitch more than I.

I was mightily impressed with Justin in the two games he appeared in - quick, great feet and defended well all things considered. Certainly one for the future, if not the present on what I have seen of him.

• Like 1