Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luke Shaw ????

I've only seen Shaw play one decent game for Man Utd, and that was against us last season. But if the price is right I'd buy him for his potential. The public critiscm he got from Jose, as a young player, it must've been very difficult for him to cope with it. 

With my optimistic hat on, Shaw could be the next Ings, i.e. a player whose move to a big club hasn't worked out, who's been beset by problems with fitness and form, but who remains a talented player who needs a fresh start to thrive.

With my pessimistic hat on, he's had several chances from several managers and he's currently being kept out of the side by a youth player.

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Good player Shaw. We have only seen it in fleeting glances between poor managerial appointments. Give him a settled squad, a good manager and a game to suit his undoubted talents and I reckon we could have a player on our hands once he’s run off a few kgs. Experienced, still young and could be a clever signing.

Often injured and is the highest paid full back in the world, it's a recipe for disaster. Completely goes against our recruitment and scouting policies that have been successful in recent years, pure Congerton this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Maybe do a Monaco and sign him on loan for 18 months, get Man Utd to pay half his wages, so as to provide competition or as potential replacement for Chilwell, especially if Fuchs may want to go the States after end of this season.

He’d still be within our top 4/5 earners even with Manchester United paying half his wages ... :sleep:

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Often injured and is the highest paid full back in the world, it's a recipe for disaster. Completely goes against our recruitment and scouting policies that have been successful in recent years, pure Congerton this.

I would question if his injury record is a result of club instability from such a young age which will result in several factors:

1) Different managers, styles / training regimes (remember how injured Liverpool players hit when Klopp turned up? Hamstrings popping all over the place) Will have hindered developing a style and role that he can grow into and thrive.

2) He’s never looked ‘fit’ like Chilwell. We have a fairly good record with fitness and it was no surprise that as soon as Chilly started to gradually up his intensity he got fitter and better in a safe environment.

3) I would also question Shaw’s nutrition.... I can’t imagine it’s especially well tailored for recovery or a strict regime, playing a certain way. 

Playing with us would change all of these things which I believe would have a big impact on the lad.

51 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I would question if his injury record is a result of club instability from such a young age which will result in several factors:

1) Different managers, styles / training regimes (remember how injured Liverpool players hit when Klopp turned up? Hamstrings popping all over the place) Will have hindered developing a style and role that he can grow into and thrive.

2) He’s never looked ‘fit’ like Chilwell. We have a fairly good record with fitness and it was no surprise that as soon as Chilly started to gradually up his intensity he got fitter and better in a safe environment.

3) I would also question Shaw’s nutrition.... I can’t imagine it’s especially well tailored for recovery or a strict regime, playing a certain way. 

Playing with us would change all of these things which I believe would have a big impact on the lad.

All a huge gamble for someone who even if he took a 50% pay cut would still be on £90k a week here. FCUK THAT

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Agree - but is this true?

21 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Cresswell is not a good player at all. Especially not for a team with Champions league aspirations. He is barely lower league prem level.

Digne is a class act.

That’s not what Evertonians think. Apparently, his form has considerably dropped off from his first season and mist can hardly wait to see the back of him.

Edited by NaijaFox

20 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

With my optimistic hat on, Shaw could be the next Ings, i.e. a player whose move to a big club hasn't worked out, who's been beset by problems with fitness and form, but who remains a talented player who needs a fresh start to thrive.

With my pessimistic hat on, he's had several chances from several managers and he's currently being kept out of the side by a youth player.

His reported wages just isn’t worth the gamble.

On 15/01/2020 at 23:07, Meat and 2 veg said:

He’d still be within our top 4/5 earners even with Manchester United paying half his wages ... :sleep:

As an English CL side, looking to qualify again... those kind of wages will become far more common. You can’t attract or keep quality without paying the right wages. 

15 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Agree - but is this true?

No

Luke Shaw is on £70k per week, with performance related items taking up higher (up to £150k apparently). He signed a new, 5 year deal in 2018. One can assume that it was related to injury issues. 

Other world full backs like Marcelo, Kimmech, Walker, Calvajal, Robertson, Alaba or Alba, will all be paid more, as a basic wage. Even Ricardo is on £70k per week! 

Additional, I’d rather us sign Alex Telles, as a Chilwell replacement. As good as Ricardo for me! 

Could be an absolute beast of player but made of glass, that breaks often.

will never live up to his potential and will end up at Sunderland (or the like) when his insane contract at Man Utd runs out

as others have said would prefer Digne but i think he would only join an elite club now (Real, Barca, Juve) etc.