Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

4 defeats in last 22, (or 5 in 29).

32 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Some perspective here. In out last 22 games we have only lost 4 , (or 5 in 29 games if you wanna include the defeat to man u away). Twice to Liverpool at home and away, the away one we lost in last minute. Once to man city away. And one to Southampton at home. Surely every team has a bad game every now and then and more than 1 bad one in 22 games. We are still in a strong position with 16 league games to go. Semis of the league cup. And an fa cup tie lunchtime on a Saturday. If we get top 4 we would of had an amazing season. If we can add a cup or even a Wembley trip or 2 trips then it's a phenamanal season. Let's get behind the lads now. 4 huge game in a row and a nice week off for the players after a gruelling spell of fixtures. P.S our under 21's have a quarter final of an efl trophy to look forward too and they could end up at Wembley too with 2 more wins. U23s going steady in 3rd place in development league too. Let's all cheers up a bit and look forward to our next set of fixtures with 4 crucial games.

Perspective is that we've lost 3 of our last 5 league games. and haven't played well at home since the 9th of November.

We're in shit form, no harm in admitting that. The squad is bare and the need for additions has never been greater.

We're in serious danger of plummeting down the table and completely chucking away the brilliance we produced early on in the season.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Perspective is that we've lost 3 of our last 5 league games. and haven't played well at home since the 9th of November.

We're in shit form, no harm in admitting that. The squad is bare and the need for additions has never been greater.

We're in serious danger of plummeting down the table and completely chucking away the brilliance we produced early on in the season.

I disagree when you add Liverpool and Man city in a 5 game period, then the majority of the time every team will lose them both. Bigger picture I think, just my opinion of course.

Edited by lcfcfoz
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

This is closer to the mark .... than simple stats ....but still a bit OTT

we had a great run

we’ve dropped off re performances and the results are now beginning to reflect that ......the hope is that it’s a temporary loss in performance 

Edited by st albans fox

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is closer to the mark .... than simple stats ....but still a bit OTT

we had a great run

we’ve dropped off re performances and the results are now beginning to reflect that ......the hope is that it’s a temporary loss in performance 

I agree, but I would be happy to see the team that played on New Years Day have another chance at playing West Ham, with only minor tinkering.

don’t think anyone is having a panic about what the stats say for our whole season. we’re all aware we are second etc. we won loads of games in a row. 

the issue is our form. 6 points from 5 games is bottom half form, not top 4 form. if you add to that two league cup draws against rubbish teams and a really poor performance against wigan, then you start to think it doesn’t really matter what we did in october or november if we carry on playing like this in january and february. 

people have a right to have a moan and a worry based on the last 6 weeks or so. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

don’t think anyone is having a panic about what the stats say for our whole season. we’re all aware we are second etc. we won loads of games in a row. 

the issue is our form. 6 points from 5 games is bottom half form, not top 4 form. if you add to that two league cup draws against rubbish teams and a really poor performance against wigan, then you start to think it doesn’t really matter what we did in october or november if we carry on playing like this in january and february. 

people have a right to have a moan and a worry based on the last 6 weeks or so. 

A bit more perspective 

two of the five games were Man City away and Liverpool ...... so you could call it 7 points from the four other games inc Norwich 

Home games against Norwich and soton with no wins is pretty revealing. 

it’s not as bad as some paint but neither is it reflective of a team in the top 4 

We have played the two best teams in the division and a inform Southampton team who have just beaten two of our top four rivals in Chelsea and Tottenham.

Plus we have played 9 games in 28 days.

Take a bit of a break people

Edited by coolhandfox

The earliest date we can mathematically be 5th is the 17th of February, over a month away. Thats on the basis Man Utd beat Liverpool and Chelsea away.

Know we havent had top 4 form at present but we probably can get away with another bad run or two given the gap, as long as we put away the out of form dross then we'll be fine.

For me, I can accept losing to better sides, that is not a problem, it's the manner in which we lose. It wasn't good from us at all. But not taking it away from Southampton, they deserved that win and should have had more before the break!

We were very poor. Looked lost in places and didn't understand that when we did have the ball no one really wanted it. They all spread out over the pitch. Beginning of the season we were playing short quick passes to get through teams. For some reason that seems to have stopped. 

We need more time to see where things are going, looking at it in a glass half full way, I will say this.

The last two games we had no Ndidi, and the two before we won.  So from that I would say its struggling to play without Ndidi.

Southampton looked a very good team, and completely different from when we last played them, Ings monster of a striker and they were not scared to attack in numbers.

Liverpool and Man City, were expected defeats anyway, the issue really was the manner of the defeats.

Now ultimately for me whats important is we make top 4, even if we crawl over the finishing line one point ahead of 5th, its fine, CL qualification for LCFC is amazing.  Also a cup final or cup win would be good as well.

I did complain about the two defeats in Dec.  given alot of people now are mentioning low confidence, the way we approached those games, with little care for winning the ball back, lead to heavy defeats and ultimately heavy defeats do reduce confidence.  It would be ironic if we were not able to recover from those naive tactics.

The issue is though we need to get probably at least at minimal 22 victories out of the games against the bottom 14 teams.

So far we have failed to beat Norwich home, Saints home, Wolves home.

Man Utd are currently top 6.

In top 6 we have managed to beat Sheff Utd. 

22 out of 28 games, we can fail to win 6 of them.  That leaves 4 more, there was definitely scope to have a worse 2nd half of season vs 1st half, but we still needed to maintain around top 8 form about 1.5 points game.  If we beat any other top 6 teams, it gives us room for more shock defeats.

This assumes we would obtain 6 points from top 6 teams, of which we have 4 points so far.

Remember teams such as Arsenal, Wolves and Spurs currently reside in the bottom 14.

Its going to be close and nervy come end of season.

Edited by Chrysalis

I accept yesterday's loss because we were cr4p and Southampton good. Plus we have played many games. It's aboit responding now and keeping consistency and I have no doubts.

4-6 points and beating Villa in the cup should be our ambition in January now. Do that and it is another good month. February will be a big challenge.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

A bit more perspective 

two of the five games were Man City away and Liverpool ...... so you could call it 7 points from the four other games inc Norwich 

Home games against Norwich and soton with no wins is pretty revealing. 

it’s not as bad as some paint but neither is it reflective of a team in the top 4 

Young teams are bound to have the odd bad day at the office, we've not had as many as Man City or Chelsea!

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We have got away with a few though ....a good example being Everton .....

Liverpool have been outstanding but that point could also be levelled at them.

All teams need and at times get that luck.

Our performances have dipped, yes, I am certainly not hitting the panic button  yet though.