Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Alex Telles

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Two words. 

Hakim Ziyech 

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I'm not sure that answers it

It does. 

If they're that good why haven't a 'bigger' team took a punt on them yet? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It does. 

If they're that good why haven't a 'bigger' team took a punt on them yet? 

Thats a crock of shit.

If it were that simple only the top sides would have any good players.

Vardy

Ricardo

Maddison

Etc.etc. if they were that good... it's good recruitment

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Thats a crock of shit.

If it were that simple only the top sides would have any good players.

Vardy

Ricardo

Maddison

Etc.etc. if they were that good... it's good recruitment

Well it's not though is it. 

Hakim Ziyech and Telles are supposedly two of the words best players in their position. 

Again if they're that good why hasnt anyone bought them as of yet? 

I can think of numerous clubs which the two above would improve. Then again why you sign players, you dont just sign a player you sign a personality too. 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wouldn't say I was offering an explanation tbh. More a "you think that's crazy..."

Ric knows what I mean. 

Yeah I hear ya, it's just Porto have been a huge selling club in recent years at fairly average prices and yet Telles has remained. Ajax have had a renaissance and they get mega dough for their players in comparison, but you're right even when Ziyech had a low release clause he remained.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I hear ya, it's just Porto have been a huge selling club in recent years at fairly average prices and yet Telles has remained. Ajax have had a renaissance and they get mega dough for their players in comparison, but you're right even when Ziyech had a low release clause he remained.

Can see the reason for considerable hesitancy, but isn`t this something you mitigate with good technical scouting and nab a bargain/gem?

Although they are such big names that the reason to believe they not are in some way faulty is difficult to shake off.

Suppose its best to avoid with such doubts :dunno:

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Hakim Ziyech and Telles are supposedly two of the words best players in their position. 

I can think of numerous clubs which the two above would improve. Then again why you sign players, you dont just sign a player you sign a personality too. 

But you cant just say there must he a reason.

There must have been a reason loads of other clubs didnt sign vardy.

Turns out the reasons were shit, or the reason is because their recruitment is shit.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can see the reason for considerable hesitancy, but isn`t this something you mitigate with good technical scouting and nab a bargain/gem?

Although they are such big names that the reason to believe they not are in some way faulty is difficult to shake off.

Suppose its best to avoid with such doubts :dunno:

No such reservations with Ricardo and many of the big clubs are kicking themselves for not pursuing their interest, you'd have thought that would increase the readiness to snap up Telles. His goals and assists this season is superb for a wing back.

30 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

But you cant just say there must he a reason.

There must have been a reason loads of other clubs didnt sign vardy.

Turns out the reasons were shit, or the reason is because their recruitment is shit.

I think with Ziyech the opportunity to get him for a bargain price has simply gone, so a big team basically has to pay what he's worth. Eventually he will go. The fact that the players that have left Ajax havent shined is only going to make people more hesitant. 

You only have to look at Tadic to see that even an average player can look like messi in that league. 

Edited by Lambert09

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No such reservations with Ricardo and many of the big clubs are kicking themselves for not pursuing their interest, you'd have thought that would increase the readiness to snap up Telles. His goals and assists this season is superb for a wing back.

Actually started my previous comment with a pro-Telles/Ziyech intent, but there is a nagging hesitation. However we more than most, should well recognise that fortune favours the brave; especially with the Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Albrighton and others having come through our hallowed gates.

And again, talking in circles, confusing myself. :nono:

Just buy them both, put me out my misery/confusion 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

I think it's because both are quite comfortable at the clubs they're at. Ziyech has turned down a lot of clubs, I think he's made it clear he wants a huge club.

It's not like Porto and Ajax are minnows either.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think it's because both are quite comfortable at the clubs they're at. Ziyech has turned down a lot of clubs, I think he's made it clear he wants a huge club.

It's not like Porto and Ajax are minnows either.

Porto pay very little in wages though in comparison, Telles is on about 20k a week I think. Astonishing.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Maybe a bit like Vardy, big fish in smaller ponds? 

This would be my second choice behind Grimaldo from Benfica, who is by all accounts superb but unfortunately probably likely to have better offers.

Telles' age concerns me slightly and it would put me off paying loads for him, but it's still a good enough age to get a few years from providing the price is right.

I think it's entirely plausible, like it was with Soyuncu / Maguire, that we sold Chilwell, got Telles in for him (for less than we sold Chilwell for) and improved as a team.

20 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This would be my second choice behind Grimaldo from Benfica, who is by all accounts superb but unfortunately probably likely to have better offers.

Telles' age concerns me slightly and it would put me off paying loads for him, but it's still a good enough age to get a few years from providing the price is right.

I think it's entirely plausible, like it was with Soyuncu / Maguire, that we sold Chilwell, got Telles in for him (for less than we sold Chilwell for) and improved as a team.

With only 18 months left on his deal and earning about 20k a week, I think he could be got for £15-20m

3 hours ago, woollett the bullet said:

Am I missing something ?

If Telles is such  an allegedly brilliant player and also likely to be cheaper than Chilwell . . . . 

Then why wouldn't the clubs sniffing round Ben just chase Telles instead ?

Ok , Bens english and maybe slightly younger - but is that it ?

English, counts as a homegrown player for CL squad.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

With only 18 months left on his deal and earning about 20k a week, I think he could be got for £15-20m

That's actually very attainable for us. I reckon for that kind of price he's worth it. Could be a starter for 3 years at least you would hope.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

£50M for a 26 year old defender? Not really the way we do business is it?

If we are going to be little mid-table Leicester, then I agree, it makes little sense.

But aren't our objectives changing? If we are going to make a serious move at the CL this season and next, then swapping Chilwell for Telles could be great business. If Telles put us over the top for top-4 next season, I'd argue he would be well worth it. Besides, if he is truly outstanding, he might play here 2 years and then go to a bigger club. Less likely bc of age, I get that, but not crazy if he put up similar assist numbers in the Prem.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Has Guerreiro signed a new deal at Dortmund yet? Maybe he fancies teaming up with Ricardo in the midlands? Him or Telles would be obscene. Chilwell can go as far as i'm concerned, done with him. He's maxed out now, take the ridiculous fee we'll get for him as he's not worth it to us, we will progress better without him and the increased revenue.

Signed a new contract at the start of December until 2023

Would be unbelievably hard to try and sign him, already turned down PSG and Barcelona to stay at Dortmund

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was thinking about the £25m mark but Telles will almost certainly want to move for his one last chance of a big contract. Porto will also be willing sellers as they won't want to lose out on the transfer fee on a player who will sit out his contract. 

He's very attainable as long as we don't get gazumped. 

• Like 1