Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sly

Alex Telles

Recommended Posts

This would be a huge upgrade on chilwell. If we can buy him for the same or less cash than what we can get for chilly then it’s a no brainier surely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dooflip said:

This would be a huge upgrade on chilwell. If we can buy him for the same or less cash than what we can get for chilly then it’s a no brainier surely.

He'll be 28 shortly after the start of next season, not really our style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beechey said:

He'll be 28 shortly after the start of next season, not really our style.

Signed Evans when he was 30, wanted Dunk and Tarkowski at 28 and 27 respectively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Signed Evans when he was 30, wanted Dunk and Tarkowski at 28 and 27 respectively. 

...not to mention Huth. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

...not to mention Huth. 

Or Adrien Silva, Slimani, Cambiasso, Fuchs, Okazaki, Ulloa, Jakupovic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dooflip said:

This would be a huge upgrade on chilwell. If we can buy him for the same or less cash than what we can get for chilly then it’s a no brainier surely.

Ironic 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Or Adrien Silva, Slimani, Cambiasso, Fuchs, Okazaki, Ulloa, Jakupovic

The less said about Silva and Slimani the better. I do agree though that we cant just keep getting young players, we need experience as well. Telles could give us 3 or 4 good seasons, possibly more if Fuchs is anything to go by. Getting players in their prime normally costs alot but we should defo be trying to get a deal for Telles. If we could get £60m for Chilwell, a £40m deal for Telles would be decent but no doubt Porto will try and have our pants down. We did get Ricardo off them for a decent fee though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

The less said about Silva and Slimani the better. I do agree though that we cant just keep getting young players, we need experience as well. Telles could give us 3 or 4 good seasons, possibly more if Fuchs is anything to go by. Getting players in their prime normally costs alot but we should defo be trying to get a deal for Telles. If we could get £60m for Chilwell, a £40m deal for Telles would be decent but no doubt Porto will try and have our pants down. We did get Ricardo off them for a decent fee though. 

They won't get that sort of dough in the summer, it'll be £20m with only a year left on his deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Signed Evans when he was 30, wanted Dunk and Tarkowski at 28 and 27 respectively. 

Different proposition. We signed Evans when we were also hunting young players (Benko and Soyuncu), this proposition would be us selling our young player and buying an ageing one. I don't see it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

They won't get that sort of dough in the summer, it'll be £20m with only a year left on his deal.

Ah didn't realise Telles only had a year left. Makes sense then as we have often targeted players in the past who have their contracts running down. 

Edited by jayfox26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Different proposition. We signed Evans when we were also hunting young players (Benko and Soyuncu), this proposition would be us selling our young player and buying an ageing one. I don't see it.

All depends if we sign a younger unproven left back too, or how we rate Luke Thomas for example. Him just turning 28 is hardly outrageous either, but you might be right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/01/2020 at 20:29, Beechey said:

Different proposition. We signed Evans when we were also hunting young players (Benko and Soyuncu), this proposition would be us selling our young player and buying an ageing one. I don't see it.

Evans was bought because we recognised that Maguire needed an experienced CB partner to help him with positioning.  Even Radio 5 yesterday were saying that at Man Utd he is nothing like the player he was at Leicester or for England because of who he has around him.  I suspect it was not the intention to move Wes to the bench entirely but it has just worked out better than expected.

 

Cags and Benko were bought as long term replacements for Maguire (and Justin for Ricky P/Ben C) on the understanding that they would spend at least a year on loan, with the u23s, playing cup matches or on the bench.  Our expectation would have been that at least one would make the grade.

 

Praet is different again.  He is not a replacement for anyone in the squad but offers a different, high quality option in midfield when we need to shake things up.

 

I guess I am saying that we have a multi-stranded recruitment policy, the one thing we don’t seem to do is buy like-for-like replacements and expect them to drop straight in to the match day team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Can someone please tell-us what's happening with this player?

1. We’ve scouted him. Along with a whole host of other clubs.

 

2. Due to him signalling an unwillingness to sign a new contract, he can leave on a free in 30/06/21. So 18 months left. Every passing transfer window, his value plummets. 
 

3. He’d be an offensive upgrades to many teams across Europe but operates more as a LWB, rather than a LB. 5 goals and 6 assists in 19 appearances this season.

 

4. He’s Brazilian but holds an Italian passport. So EU rules would allow him to get an work permit across Europe. Only 1 game for Brazil, so a work permit may be more difficult in the UK. Who knows what happens come the 31st January!!! 
 

5. He is suspect defensively, which is one of the main reasons teams haven’t opted to take him. He could have joined Inter from Galatasary for €8,500,000, whilst he was on loan. He didn’t exactly set the world alight. He’d be a gamble. Similar to Ricardo when he arrived maybe? 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 31st Jan the UK enters into a transition period until the end of the year where EU rules will still apply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has any c unt ever actually watched him play and paid a significant amount of attention? Or is he just better than Chilwell because he's not called Ben Chilwell?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd say that he's better than Chilwell at 27 years old but when Chilwell is 27 he'll be miles ahead.

 

Chilwell is clearly going through a rough time and I don't think the posession game suits him as much as counter attacking does. He's clearly a very talented boy that is having a rough season, he'll come through it. The cream always rises to the top.

 

Always makes me laugh how Leicester fans want 60m plus for him yet call him shite in the next sentence. He's probably the second best left back in the league and one of the best young left backs in Europe. Give him time.

I've sort of come full circle with Chilwell, I thought he'd be a career Championship LB because defensively he was a horror show and wasn't good at attacking for an 'attacking LB'. Now I think he's not far away from being superb. What's frustrating is that his improvements feel like they're built on quicksand; it looks like he's learned to cross in one game but the next his delivery is awful. One game he'll be dominant defensively but then the next he's rank. Young players are inconsistent but he's inconsistent in 15 minute spells rather than 5 or 10 games. I really like him but he never seems fully convincing.

 

One thing I think is bizarre is that Fuchs never makes really obvious mistakes but detracts from our overall play and nobody really mentions it.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Every time we start Fuchs is a reminder of how much we'll miss Chilwell when he leaves.

 

Just now, Stadt said:

I've sort of come full circle with Chilwell, I thought he'd be a career Championship LB because defensively he was a horror show and wasn't good at attacking for an 'attacking LB'. Now I think he's not far away from being superb. What's frustrating is that his improvements feel like they're built on quicksand; it looks like he's learned to cross in one game but the next his delivery is awful. One game he'll be dominant defensively but then the next he's rank. Young players are inconsistent but he's inconsistent in 15 minute spells rather than 5 or 10 games. I really like him but he never seems fully convincing.

 

One thing I think is bizarre is that Fuchs never makes really obvious mistakes but detracts from our overall play and nobody really mentions it.

hahaha ffs lol 

Edited by Stadt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Chilwell's shite but I just think he ticks all the boxes that Maguire did in that we could make well more than his true value on him, I think we could strengthen overall if we sold him.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2020 at 00:21, Deeg67 said:

Every time we start Fuchs is a reminder of how much we'll miss Chilwell when he leaves.

Disagree with this massively.

 

Every time we start Fuchs you realise just how many limitations Chilwell has.

Bar his youthful energy and a bit of pace, Fuchs has everything on him.

 

Technical ability, positioning, communication, lack of mistakes, aerial ability/physicality......

If Fuchs had genuine pace, he'd have been a World Class full back. His technical ability is far ahead of someone like Jordi Alba for example.

 

 

 

As for Telles, he's a huge upgrade on Chilwell.

He'd shut that left side down like Ricardo has on the right.

 

Cashing in on Chilwell wouldn't be the worst thing the club could do.

You'd be able to bring in Telles+Edouard+Antonio for virtually the same outlay.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2020 at 00:23, Stadt said:

I've sort of come full circle with Chilwell, I thought he'd be a career Championship LB because defensively he was a horror show and wasn't good at attacking for an 'attacking LB'. Now I think he's not far away from being superb. What's frustrating is that his improvements feel like they're built on quicksand; it looks like he's learned to cross in one game but the next his delivery is awful. One game he'll be dominant defensively but then the next he's rank. Young players are inconsistent but he's inconsistent in 15 minute spells rather than 5 or 10 games. I really like him but he never seems fully convincing.

 

One thing I think is bizarre is that Fuchs never makes really obvious mistakes but detracts from our overall play and nobody really mentions it.

 

That's 90% down to his age and his lack of regular playing time, of course he's going to struggle getting up and down the line in such a high tempo league, at his advancing years without regular football.

The other 10% is a lack of pace. Which I can't really tell whether it's because he's not got a lot, or because of the previous point. His recovery pace always seems decent at least. To be fair to Fuchs, he'd have been one hell of a top full back during the 4-4-2 era of English football. 

6 foot 2, wand of a left foot, can take take set pieces.....To be fair he'd be first choice left back for most sides in this league but for his age.

 

 

After all, this is actually his 18th season as a professional footballer.

I seem to recall retired player after retired player has said that it's the pre-seasons that take it out of you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...