Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Alex Telles

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So the link is we scouted him last summer ....... tenuous at best ........ mind you, will give a few the opportunity to put up a few YouTube vids and tell everyone how good he is 

makes little difference to the link though ! 

He’ll makes his way out of Portugal at some point. We, along with many others will have looked at him. 

Ideal Chilwell replacement though? 

If Chilwell leaves in the summer then he should be top of our list of replacements. Wouldn't want Luke Shaw or Bertrand unless Bertrand was cheap and could be a the Fuchs replacement as back up. 

Edited by jayfox26

27yo and his contract is up in 18 months.

The Portuguese leagues are notoriously bad payers (wasn't Silva on £18k a week?) so I would imagine Porto will be keen to sell this summer as Telles will want his big pay day so unlikely to sign an extension I would have thought. 

I've just googled Telles salary and it came up as €13,000 a week. :o

• Like 1

This guy is an absolute don. He was and is rated as a better player than Ricardo (!) by Porto fans. He was heavily linked with a move to Juventus a few seasons ago but the cost was too prohibitive.

Some of this stats over recent seasons:

Telles.thumb.png.576a2f82cf14895f53853333eb748f80.png

If we sold Chilwell and replaced him with Telles, I think we'd end up as a better all round team. But that said I would rather we keep Ben because he's come through our academy and I think it's important to keep players developed that way in our team rather than selling them on. 

This guy is basically the left back version of Ricardo and would add value to any team he played for. A class act!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

This guy is an absolute don. He was and is rated as a better player than Ricardo (!) by Porto fans. He was heavily linked with a move to Juventus a few seasons ago but the cost was too prohibitive.

Some of this stats over recent seasons:

Telles.thumb.png.576a2f82cf14895f53853333eb748f80.png

If we sold Chilwell and replaced him with Telles, I think we'd end up as a better all round team. But that said I would rather we keep Ben because he's come through our academy and I think it's important to keep players developed that way in our team rather than selling them on. 

This guy is basically the left back version of Ricardo and would add value to any team he played for. A class act!

Actually that post just triggered a memory in me when we were buying Ricardo that Porto fans were saying you can have Ricardo but keep your hands off Telles. We could easily get Telles in the summer as Porto will want to sell a player with one year left on his deal assuming Telles doesn't have a better offer from a more prestigious club. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Bit of a coincidence that we're being linked with all these left backs all of a sudden. Is Chilwell about to sign a new contract or something?

Doubt it - he signed a new one only a year    ago ??

I expect his people want a big increase but I also suspect we aren’t keen to just up everybody’s wage - where does it end and can we actually afford it ??

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Doubt it - he signed a new one only a year    ago ??

I expect his people want a big increase but I also suspect we aren’t keen to just up everybody’s wage - where does it end and can we actually afford it ??

Just checked:

Signed in October 2018 until 2024.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ben-chilwell/profil/spieler/316125

Not saying necessarily we should just up his wages. Could probably offer more perks though, like free hookers for a year or something.

Edited by urban.spaceman

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It astonishes me how he is still at Porto, I've seen him a number of times and is usually the best player on the pitch ala Ricardo is for us. 

Plus, he's BRAZILIAN!!!!

For probably the same reason that Silva and Slimani,  at nearing the age of 30, had played all those years without being 'discovered' until we came along with a bundle of cash. The fact that he's still there, however impressive his performances in a really poor league may tell it's own story. I would suggest that there's probably a good reason why no big clubs have snapped him up. 

Has Guerreiro signed a new deal at Dortmund yet? Maybe he fancies teaming up with Ricardo in the midlands? Him or Telles would be obscene. Chilwell can go as far as i'm concerned, done with him. He's maxed out now, take the ridiculous fee we'll get for him as he's not worth it to us, we will progress better without him and the increased revenue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Has Guerreiro signed a new deal at Dortmund yet? Maybe he fancies teaming up with Ricardo in the midlands? Him or Telles would be obscene. Chilwell can go as far as i'm concerned, done with him. He's maxed out now, take the ridiculous fee we'll get for him as he's not worth it to us, we will progress better without him and the increased revenue.

Do you think Madders would ever come out his bedroom for his tea if Ben left? :unsure:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 3