Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

On 05/08/2023 at 20:03, Big Dave said:

Almost at the end of Manifest (seasons 1&4 on Netflix, 2 & 3 on Prime). Excellent.  Watched it with our daughters (18 and 21). We’ve all been hooked.

Finished this last week.   Actually liked explanation but disliked some aspects of the ending but a very enjoyable series apart from Ben's white man saviour complex. 

Painkiller

Mini series about Purdue Pharma and the oxy epidemic

Not sure how or why Netflix would make and release this after Hulu’s far superior series (Dopesick) was released last year.

If you’re curious about the topic, skip this and hunt down Dopesick.  It’s a hundred times better.

On 09/08/2023 at 15:33, Izzy said:

Even if you don't like American Football, this is awesome.

Talk about getting everything in life and then pissing it all away. Some people just can't handle the fame.

image.jpeg.c1bb2217f52c0d6fa7fcaa3dbae77c60.jpeg

I had to google to check that his agent was actually his agent and not just an actor playing the part of your stereotypical sports agent. He was too on the nose lol. I love the Untolds, brilliant documentaries.

Blew my mind that Johnny was joined by Manti T’eo in the running for the Heisman when he won it. I don’t know if you’ve seen his episode of Untold but that is a completely mental story too. Must have been a cursed year! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, marbles said:

Painkiller

Mini series about Purdue Pharma and the oxy epidemic

Not sure how or why Netflix would make and release this after Hulu’s far superior series (Dopesick) was released last year.

If you’re curious about the topic, skip this and hunt down Dopesick.  It’s a hundred times better.

I'm quite enjoying Painkiller! 

10 hours ago, marbles said:

Wow, I loved it

Fair play,  I am not going to slate you as this is obviously a subjective matter and I can certainly see the appeal.   It is just that I just do not feel it is elevated enough to be outstanding.   Cannot quite put my finger on it,  it just feels bit repetitive at times 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Blur said:

Fair play,  I am not going to slate you as this is obviously a subjective matter and I can certainly see the appeal.   It is just that I just do not feel it is elevated enough to be outstanding.   Cannot quite put my finger on it,  it just feels bit repetitive at times 

Could be because of all the hype surrounding it.

Ive had the same thing happen to me, where I’ll hear so many great things about a show or movie that it’s almost impossible for it to live up to the expectations set for it.

Or it could just be we have different tastes - which is a good thing, because this world would be boring if we all liked the same things :)

Edited by marbles
  • Like 1

On 11/08/2023 at 19:17, The Blur said:

Finished this last week.   Actually liked explanation but disliked some aspects of the ending but a very enjoyable series apart from Ben's white man saviour complex. 

Absolutely binged Manifest over the past few days, on Season 3 now. Starting to lose grasp of what’s happening (half watching some of the time).

Feel like I have to finish it because the storyline doesn’t seem to offer any indication of how it ends yet. 

Is it worth it? 

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

Don’t get the Succession love in. It was a harmless watch, but couldn’t complete S5 because it was so supremely dull.

I love watching clips of it but have never watched it.

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Absolutely binged Manifest over the past few days, on Season 3 now. Starting to lose grasp of what’s happening (half watching some of the time).

Feel like I have to finish it because the storyline doesn’t seem to offer any indication of how it ends yet. 

Is it worth it? 

I enjoyed manifest. I quite liked the way they ended it so I would say stick with it. It does go a bit mental, then cringe, then mental again. Throw in some more cringe. Then ends in the best way possible I think

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Is it worth it? 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I enjoyed manifest. I quite liked the way they ended it so I would say stick with it. It does go a bit mental, then cringe, then mental again. Throw in some more cringe. Then ends in the best way possible I think

Yeah I think @kingcarr21 is spot on.   It can get repetitive at times which is probably why you are suffering from fatigue.    Give it a break and finish it other time.  

Funny how you say that you have no idea how it will ends as the ending was actually very simple but satisfying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Yeah I think @kingcarr21 is spot on.   It can get repetitive at times which is probably why you are suffering from fatigue.    Give it a break and finish it other time.  

Funny how you say that you have no idea how it will ends as the ending was actually very simple but satisfying. 

I’ve been guessing but the way the storyline goes a bit mental, I assumed the ending wouldn’t be one of the simple options lol

Thanis @kingcarr21 @The Blur :thumbup:

• Like 2

Halfway through 'At Home With The Fury's' and finding it completely bonkers but compelling viewing 

I've met some spontaneous people in my time but Tyson Fury is something else. What a complex bloke he is.

• Like 2

On 19/08/2023 at 09:36, Izzy said:

Halfway through 'At Home With The Fury's' and finding it completely bonkers but compelling viewing 

I've met some spontaneous people in my time but Tyson Fury is something else. What a complex bloke he is.

We saw the first few episodes too.

Nothing new we dont know about him but great to see his lifestyle.

With his mental health issues you can literally see in front of your eyes how his highs turn into blows.

Seems like a really down to earth bloke considering hes a multi millionaire.

His wife Paris though is a complete and utter rock.

Amazing woman who deserves alot of praise for where he is today.

Shes an extraordinary wife and mum.

• Like 1