Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

43 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm enjoying the Beckham documentary too.

Be shit how he was blamed by everyone on TV for the Argentina defeat despite the fact it went to penalties.

It has also confirmed I dislike Argentina even more. How could anybody have wanted them to win the last World Cup. Just no.

Eventually Hoddle proved to everyone that he himself was a complete fool.

• Like 1

On 15/10/2023 at 21:06, Sly said:

Anyone watched the “Fall of the House of Usher”? 

On 17/10/2023 at 08:49, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Love Flanagan and love poe so enjoying this series. Not as scary as I’d have thought but still enjoying it.

Bit surprised I haven't heard of that despite Flanagan's previous hits and Netflix's marketing campaign for his previous works.

43 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Bit surprised I haven't heard of that despite Flanagan's previous hits and Netflix's marketing campaign for his previous works.

I’m onto Episode 3 and it’s definitely worth a watch. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Think it was purely for Messi but I get your point. 

But yeah the vitriol towards Beckham for the sending off was disproportionate to say the least

Everyone hated Beckham.

Everyone laughs at Maguire.

We as a nation are a tough crowd.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'm enjoying the Beckham documentary too.

Be shit how he was blamed by everyone on TV for the Argentina defeat despite the fact it went to penalties.

It has also confirmed I dislike Argentina even more. How could anybody have wanted them to win the last World Cup. Just no.

I thought at times some of the narrative/framing of things seemed a little too on the nose and I couldn't stand the American bloke talking but on the whole it was good.

The hate Beckham got was bizarre and just reminded me how bad football fans can be.

I did wonder if its got better or worse. Saka and Rashford obviously got dogs abuse for missing pens, in Beckhams time it was from the stands and in the streets but nowadays its probably more on social media. It'll be the same kind of sad little men doing those things now as it was then.

It was the amount of booing and for how long that really surprised me.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Blur said:

Not sure it totally stuck the landing and the way characters would just break in to Poe poems mid sentence out the blue was very jarring. Not as good as midnight mass but still really good, 8/10 for me.

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone seen bodies? Got Stephen Graham in so I assume will be good.

Watched first two episodes last night. 

Didn’t really know much about it before we watched it. It’s certainly intriguing, it’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. Well worth a watch, imo

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2023 at 12:50, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Eventually Hoddle proved to everyone that he himself was a complete fool.

Somehow Hoddle has successfully managed to convince many that he has a decent personality through his TV works. His people skills, particularly whilst England manager, were shocking. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Somehow Hoddle has successfully managed to convince many that he has a decent personality through his TV works. His people skills, particularly whilst England manager, were shocking. 

I never really liked him, I can't really remember what first made me think he was a bit of a nob but seeing how he handled the Beckham thing definitely confirmed my opinion.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2023 at 20:28, Unabomber said:

Anyone seen bodies? Got Stephen Graham in so I assume will be good.

On 20/10/2023 at 11:49, Milo said:

Watched first two episodes last night. 

Didn’t really know much about it before we watched it. It’s certainly intriguing, it’ll be interesting to see how it pans out. Well worth a watch, imo

It was too difficult for me to follow as the back and forth between different eras and the future wasn't easy to follow. 

Mrs P liked it but then it's right up her "odd" street.

3 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Been put off because literally every review I've read said it absolutely stinks.

I think "contrived" is the better way of putting it.

Great cinematography, great CGI, decent acting. Yet still, meh...

• Like 1

Do not watch Butcher’s Crossing (another abject failure with Nicholas Cage) or Apex (another ‘I’m dying gimmie all the cash’ Bruce Willis flop). Both completely abysmal anyway you look at them - which is best done with the television turned off. 

I watched this shit so you don’t have to. 

Edited by Daggers
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1