Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

That would be my worst nightmare, used to be fine with heights but then one day the fear struck and never the same since, brave for doing that.

I would get up there but how I get down is another story, I'd probably just jump, let go or turn into a statue lol my hands are sweating writing this! well done.

My palms were as sweaty as could be as well as every other part of my body. I kept feeling I could slip off the ladder at any point even though it was enclosed and I wouldn't have fallen far. I was carrying a defibrillator and a resus pack which included an oxygen bottle which isn't easy to handle when strapped over your shoulder as well as a satchel of cardiac arrest drugs, just in case.

It's something I feel a real sense of achievement for having done.

It's something I would never want to ever have to do again.

BTW, fire crews were fantastic. :worship:

• Like 1

Waco: American Apocalypse 

3 part documentary about the standoff between the govt and the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas.

I thought this was great.  Exactly how a documentary should be done. 
Provide all the info and let the viewer decide how they feel about the situation.
There were interviews from all sides - FBI, ATF, both adult and child survivors of the incident, reporters, anyone you can think of.  Plus a lot of previously unseen footage a recordings between Koresch and the negotiators.

Definitely worth watching.

Edited by marbles

12 minutes ago, marbles said:

3 part documentary about the standoff between the govt and the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas.

Provide all the info and let the viewer decide how they feel about the situation.
There were interviews from all sides - FBI, ATF, both adult and child survivors of the incident, reporters, anyone you can think of.  Plus a lot of previously unseen footage a recordings between Koresch and the negotiators.

Giving this a watch later, thanks

I was pretty disappointed by the Waco documentary. 

It's worth a watch but consider there to be too much detail missing & that there should be another 3 episodes to follow.  There's a shit ton of controversy surrounding the seige but those arguments were barely touched upon.  Why wasn't any attention given to how the fire(s) started?

What was shown was good - the negotiations, ex-member testimonies, the sniper, etc.  It's what wasn't shown.  None of the controversy was addressed one way or the other.

"this is not an assault"........there isn't a tank smashing through your front door

2 hours ago, pSinatra said:

It's worth a watch but consider there to be too much detail missing & that there should be another 3 episodes to follow.  There's a shit ton of controversy surrounding the seige but those arguments were barely touched upon.  Why wasn't any attention given to how the fire(s) started?

What was shown was good - the negotiations, ex-member testimonies, the sniper, etc.  It's what wasn't shown.  None of the controversy was addressed one way or the other.

"this is not an assault"........there isn't a tank smashing through your front door

I think what you wanted to see, that they didn’t dive into, are what made it great

Rather than take a side, or provide conspiracy theories, they simply showed us the facts and let us decide for ourselves.

11 hours ago, pSinatra said:

I thought it was ok but the BBC podcast End of Days was much better and went into much better detail.

• Like 2

On 26/03/2023 at 09:43, Will1981 said:

I thought it was ok but the BBC podcast End of Days was much better and went into much better detail.

Thanks for that recommendation. I do like BBC Sounds, and I’m now listening to that podcast. Excellent, with a lot of background detail. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only just started watching House of Cards on Netflix. I can't believe we've missed this until now. It's really intriguing and makes one wonder about politics/politicians and the power they crave and what they're prepared to do to get it.

On 24/03/2023 at 20:02, marbles said:

On 24/03/2023 at 20:15, Parafox said:

Giving this a watch later, thanks

On 24/03/2023 at 20:19, marbles said:

I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts afterwards

Interesting and shocking to a degree. How those within the cult were so willing to accept everything that Suresh told them. Even to the point of putting loved ones lives at risk. 

The police seemed pretty heavy handed TBF but they were stuck with a psychopathic, deluded individual who, for whatever reason, was able to "brainwash" his followers. The middle age woman that was interviewed who's name I cant remember, seemed a real zealot. Even when the truth came out she was in denial. The belief that Suresh was the second coming of Christ is, well,  beyond belief for most right thinking people. Simple minded people with huge gaps in their lives that need something to fill them.

Then when the forces arrived and effectively set siege and Suresh knew it was over, to get the followers to set fire to the buildings with believers still in there and for them to accept their fate. 

Inexplicable. 

• Thanks 1

American Manhunt: The Boston Marathon Bombing

3-part documentary about the bombings and search for perpetrators.  
Like the Waco documentary, I enjoyed the approach, if not only reporting the story (no conspiracies like MH30), but also doing it from different perspectives.  I may not agree with the different opinions given, but I still enjoyed hearing them.

The was a very good look at what happened.

Terrible tragedy.  Lots of mistakes and unanswered questions, but still enjoyable.

On 14/04/2023 at 22:19, marbles said:

Like the Waco documentary, I enjoyed the approach, if not only reporting the story (no conspiracies like MH30), but also doing it from different perspectives.  I may not agree with the different opinions given, but I still enjoyed hearing them.

Terrible tragedy.  Lots of mistakes and unanswered questions, but still enjoyable.

Just watched that.

Was so impressed with how quickly law inforcement analysed all the video material and got pictures of the suspects. Then they went on to look absolute amateur for the rest of the manhunt.

How do you fire over 200 bullets letting one suspect get away and nearly killing kids sleeping the the houses next to the shoot off? Then they spent 18 hours searching the neighborhood without finding the suspect until a neighbor calls in and tell police, that someone is hiding in his boat in his yard. That boat was within a block of where the suspect escaped from. Then the whole police force come running and start another shoot out without orders and without neutralising the suspect, but again firing holes into nearby houses. Complete disorganized mess; really hope lessons were learned.

At least they got the guys in the end, who turned out absolute low-lifes, who used religion as an excuse to take out their frustrations with their lifes and the world. 

Still very interesting viewing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Just watched that.

Was so impressed with how quickly law inforcement analysed all the video material and got pictures of the suspects. Then they went on to look absolute amateur for the rest of the manhunt.

How do you fire over 200 bullets letting one suspect get away and nearly killing kids sleeping the the houses next to the shoot off? Then they spent 18 hours searching the neighborhood without finding the suspect until a neighbor calls in and tell police, that someone is hiding in his boat in his yard. That boat was within a block of where the suspect escaped from. Then the whole police force come running and start another shoot out without orders and without neutralising the suspect, but again firing holes into nearby houses. Complete disorganized mess; really hope lessons were learned.

At least they got the guys in the end, who turned out absolute low-lifes, who used religion as an excuse to take out their frustrations with their lifes and the world. 

Still very interesting viewing.

I completely agree.

The most dumbfounding part for me was when they found the second guy not far from where he got away.  How in the heck did they miss that giant boat?  

I felt so sorry for the guy they took hostage.  That’s a horrible ordeal that he will never forget.

• Like 1

On 14/04/2023 at 21:19, marbles said:

Do they talk about Sunil Thripathi at all? They guy that reddit went after as being one of the suspects?

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Do they talk about Sunil Thripathi at all? They guy that reddit went after as being one of the suspects?

They do talk some about the anti-Muslim sentiment rearing it’s ugly head again, but no specifics.