Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

I ditched or rather didn’t renew Netflix about a year and a half ago following a debit card cloning incident at some London bar. Since that time I hear some really good things about some of the films and shows that have come on. Will renew at some point in the summer I guess and start a new viewing feast!

Id be really interested to hear about any real good stuff that’s come on during the period I’ve not subscribed.

24 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I ditched or rather didn’t renew Netflix about a year and a half ago following a debit card cloning incident at some London bar. Since that time I hear some really good things about some of the films and shows that have come on. Will renew at some point in the summer I guess and start a new viewing feast!

Id be really interested to hear about any real good stuff that’s come on during the period I’ve not subscribed.

I don’t think it’s great value at the moment tbh, I have Netflix, Prime and Now TV and the one I’d happily drop would be Netflix.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

I don’t think it’s great value at the moment tbh, I have Netflix, Prime and Now TV and the one I’d happily drop would be Netflix.

An observation that has been spoken before but I'll repeat here: that one has to buy three different streaming services per month just to be able to watch all of Game of Thrones, The Expanse and The Witcher is frankly taking the piss.

46 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

An observation that has been spoken before but I'll repeat here: that one has to buy three different streaming services per month just to be able to watch all of Game of Thrones, The Expanse and The Witcher is frankly taking the piss.

I used to pay £50 a month to sky plus £7.99 a month to Spotify, now I pay £8.99 (Netflix) £7.99 (amazon music included) £14.99 Now TV. Genuinely I feel like it’s better overall, apart from the music range which is a bit limited.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I used to pay £50 a month to sky plus £7.99 a month to Spotify, now I pay £8.99 (Netflix) £7.99 (amazon music included) £14.99 Now TV. Genuinely I feel like it’s better overall, apart from the music range which is a bit limited.

That's fair enough and if you add it up that way it does seem like better value for money than what has come before.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Messiah
Unbelievable
Safe
Ozark
The Crown
Criminal: UK
Elite
Money Heist 
Haunting of Hill House
Narcos

Narcos Mexico
You Me Her

The Punisher
DareDevil

Sacred Games

The Crowns crap since Harry and Megan left

3 minutes ago, Beliall said:

The Crowns crap since Harry and Megan left

Good news is though they can now play themselves in the later series. 

22 minutes ago, rico said:

YOU is good, 2 series on Netflix

I thought season 1 was OK but season 2 did me in (those constant voice overs, you've got the 'unreliable narrator' schtic by now and the constant reinforcements only weaken the show, amusing as they might be)

It's odd because it's not actually very good (average acting, somewhat leaden and clichéd plot) but it has some amusing scenes and clever lines that kinda keep it together. And it does have that 'wonder what happens next?' appeal to it that makes you watch, despite your better judgement. It defo works best watched as a black comedy, though season 1 did have something to say about social media etc.

Edit: just remembered something to watch season 2 for - Robin Lord Taylor, he who played Penguin in Gotham. He's honing his skills and is becoming a fine actor IMHO.

Edited by mabrah

Bloodline, The Sinner, OITNB and When They See Us have all been enjoyable, along with most of what's already been mentioned. 

I like Grace and Frankie too, but that's probably far too girlie for most of you, as was Dirty John. Oh and the Madeleine McCann documentary was worth watching too

• Thanks 1