Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Started 'Don't Answer The Phone' last night, another of their own documentaries. 

Very much like Abducted in Plain Sight, in as much as just when you think surely this can't get any more bizarre, it does. Several times. 

Only seen the first one, but so far so good. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Is it just me or the selection of stuff on Netflix is getting worse and worse. Things that used to be available on there are just getting pulled. 

They're definitely on a downward trajectory imo, the stuff they're buying to bring in is getting worse and worse, the stuff they're making themselves is getting more and more similar, the cost is going up and they're apparently soon about to big time crack down on password sharing. With too many streaming services around its all just heading towards people leaving the service and all the others and just downloading the new buzz show or film instead. Do I really want to pay a tenner+ a month for Netflix when all I'm really looking forward to on there is the new season of stranger things which is likely about 2 years away? Nah thanks. 

On 11/11/2022 at 10:43, yorkie1999 said:

Not on netflix, but that SAS Rogue Heros is a bloody good watch. None of that woke malarkey in those days.

Who’s he? Sounds like part of the officer class lol 

Great show though, it’s just a shame that when there’s a something good on it runs for just 6 episodes. 

4 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

They're definitely on a downward trajectory imo, the stuff they're buying to bring in is getting worse and worse, the stuff they're making themselves is getting more and more similar, the cost is going up and they're apparently soon about to big time crack down on password sharing. With too many streaming services around its all just heading towards people leaving the service and all the others and just downloading the new buzz show or film instead. Do I really want to pay a tenner+ a month for Netflix when all I'm really looking forward to on there is the new season of stranger things which is likely about 2 years away? Nah thanks. 

Yep. When the consumer realises that they are being shafted by a market that has only the illusion of competition as the streaming services appear to be turning to now, then they'll turn to other sources for their product.

Good for them.

d3423w2g5ur21.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Playlist

Swedish 6-part mini series about the rise of Spotify.

The first 5 episodes were fascinating.  Each episode highlighted a different person responsible for getting Spotify to where it is today.

The 6th episode was purely fiction.  Predicting what the future will hold, and totally unnecessary to the story.

• 4 weeks later...

True Spirit

Movie about Jessica Watson, a 16yr old who became the youngest person to solo sail around the world.

This would have been better as a mini series.  So much leading up to her sailing that I would have been interested in  - the failed practice runs.  The government wanting to stop her.

Just learning what about her made her family believe she could do it. 

Instead it was all covered in 20 minutes.

Even the voyage should/could have been covered in more than the 40 minutes they spent on it. 

She survived storms - including a really nasty one that left her family thinking she was dead (and featured some of the worst editing this side of a youtube video)  

She spent over a week adrift with no wind, ultimately having an emotional breakdown.  One that we could have felt, if the whole lead up lasted more than a minute.

My main complaint though was the shoddy blue screen work.  It was distractingly bad at times (at least too me anyway).

This really had the look and feel of a TV movie - not something Netflix would have put together.

Even though I had complaints, it did keep me entertained.  Which I guess is all that really matters  

On 03/02/2023 at 21:40, marbles said:

True Spirit

Movie about Jessica Watson, a 16yr old who became the youngest person to solo sail around the world.

This would have been better as a mini series.  So much leading up to her sailing that I would have been interested in  - the failed practice runs.  The government wanting to stop her.

Just learning what about her made her family believe she could do it. 

Instead it was all covered in 20 minutes.

Even the voyage should/could have been covered in more than the 40 minutes they spent on it. 

She survived storms - including a really nasty one that left her family thinking she was dead (and featured some of the worst editing this side of a youtube video)  

She spent over a week adrift with no wind, ultimately having an emotional breakdown.  One that we could have felt, if the whole lead up lasted more than a minute.

My main complaint though was the shoddy blue screen work.  It was distractingly bad at times (at least too me anyway).

This really had the look and feel of a TV movie - not something Netflix would have put together.

Even though I had complaints, it did keep me entertained.  Which I guess is all that really matters  

Have you seen All Is Lost with Robert Redford, sounds like you might enjoy it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Recently watched The Missing, which in turn has a spin off series called Baptiste. Both on Netflix and a decent watch. Now im waiting for part 2 of 'You'. Love that show.

Wife has started watching 'Perfect Match'. I always end up watching these shows also lol 

If you liked The Missing, try The Snow Girl ...

• Like 1

On 19/12/2022 at 08:02, FoxesDeb said:

Started 'Don't Answer The Phone' last night, another of their own documentaries. 

Very much like Abducted in Plain Sight, in as much as just when you think surely this can't get any more bizarre, it does. Several times. 

Only seen the first one, but so far so good. 

guessing you've seen it all by now. Worth a watch?

1 hour ago, Ian W LCFC said:

Watched it when it 1st aired on BBC a few months ago. I liked it, one of them you can easily binge. Weird seeing it as number 1 on Netflix though

Yeah, I watched it all. Acting really annoyed me for a start but a good story, felt like they would have nailed it with a more serious vibe though.