Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Ben and Hamza - what's kicked off?

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Serious point if they were disciplined Hamza clearly learnt nothing as he was out in notts last night. And let's be honest hes not exactly unrecognisable now in a town he could easily take  a kicking.

I've heard hes one of the most arrogant in the club, isn't in with Vardy and kaspers crowd and even madders, chilwell and barnes etc the younger lot don't really like the attitude he has.

He’s best mates with Barnes. They room together. Even get the piss took out of them because they often turn up in the same clothes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRAD-DAD said:

So in that case you play your best eleven against the likes of Burnley  to get the points were it really matters?

Most people have been slating Chilwell today. He gets dropped/rested and now you're calling for him back. Make your minds up. 

Oh, and as I excepted, Fuchs was no better than him today.

• Like 1

Maybe it's nothing. Or maybe it's the type of thing that arises when people are letting the side down, as both did in the last game, or when a manager is in the mood to point fingers. If it's nothing, Rodgers wasn't as clever as he normally he is when it comes to shutting down a line of questioning. And I honestly thought he sounded rattled and possibly fresh from a good old showdown when I heard him today.

It's all speculation. Of course, if they weren't at a key session you'd have to back the boss and say that a set of players who have had problems with other managers should take a long hard look at themselves. We might have lost today but that sort of stance from the manager might put us in good stead further down the line.

Or, like I say, maybe it's nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

And when asked to elaborate on why the pair were unavailable for training the Leicester boss added: "They were just unavailable for the training, we were doing a lot of preparation for this game and they were unable to be there so we move on."

Interesting choice of words, What would make a footballer not be able to attend training? 

• Like 1

To be honest I think lots of people have been thinking that something has happened on the training field or elsewhere, so many players don't lose form overnight in one team. I can understand 1 or 2 but it seems there actually isn't anyone (perhaps except Cags, who doesn't understand English anyways) who isn't playing well below par for a while now. Perhaps this thing with Hamza and Chilly has all boiled over and BR has had enough and is making an example out of the 2 of them. 

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Serious point if they were disciplined Hamza clearly learnt nothing as he was out in notts last night. And let's be honest hes not exactly unrecognisable now in a town he could easily take  a kicking.

I've heard hes one of the most arrogant in the club, isn't in with Vardy and kaspers crowd and even madders, chilwell and barnes etc the younger lot don't really like the attitude he has.

My neighbour just burst in and said his daughter Bacardi saw a bloke who was probably Hamza dressed as a bear and chasing pensioners into the canal, this was when he wasn't at training!

I said it could have been Chilwell and my neighbour said he said the same but Bacardi said it couldn't cos she doesn't know what he looks like.

Either way one of them clearly isn't very nice!

She thinks it's all the goal he's scored that's gone to his head, and he's missed kicking people in the leg.

She may have a point there. 🤔

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers would not be drawn on why reported Burnley transfer target Hamza Choudhury and Foxes colleague Ben Chilwell were absent from the squad for the Premier League defeat at Turf Moor. 

Choudhury was linked with a move to both Burnley and Newcastle United in the lead up to the game and was not involved in the matchday 18 as the Clarets won 2-1. 

Rodgers confirmed after the game that neither player was injured but that the duo had missed an important training session in the build-up to the game. 

The Leicester boss did not expand on why the pair did not train but did say both are set to come back into the fold for the midweek contest with West Ham United. 

Asked if they were carrying knocks Rodgers said: "No. They missed a very important session for us in the week which was the build up leading into this game so we couldn't bring them into the game today. 

"Both will be in contention for Wednesday, Ben has played a lot of games anyway so we looked at that and this was probably the game he could have missed out on. "

And when asked to elaborate on why the pair were unavailable for training the Leicester boss added: "They were just unavailable for the training, we were doing a lot of preparation for this game and they were unable to be there so we move on."

This is where Rodgers is going to have earn his corn. Successful squads have robust challenge amongst them, but exclusive cliques and dissent need to be stamped out. I hope Brendan doesn't want to play the popular good cop all the time, though it seems he clamped down by not selecting them. We don't need individuals thinking they are above the team. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

If you read between the lines he's a bit cocky but also hard-working and well-respected. And I'm pretty sure he's friends with Barnes, who isn't at all part of the Maddison-Chilwell-Gray-Grealish set. Maybe (and this is sheer speculation) it's the latter bunch of pals, and not the former, which has had more to do with our current lack of desire and, well, bottle.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, miles2lcfc said:

I’ve spent the last 11 days at the hospital as my father in law is ill. I missed some work and have booked next week off. I wasn’t out in Nottingham, haven’t had an argument with anyone but sometimes there are personal reasons you can’t be in work. Things you don’t want the world to know. It could be a family illness, fall out with a partner or variety of different issues.

You still need to inform your employer though. Not referring to you, I mean Hamza and Chilwell. Being 'unavailable' is a strange choice of words by BR. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

33 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Interesting choice of words, What would make a footballer not be able to attend training? 

Their advisors not turning up to wake them up. Their driver not turning up. Their personal stylist forgetting to lay their clothes out

14 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

My neighbour just burst in and said his daughter Bacardi saw a bloke who was probably Hamza dressed as a bear and chasing pensioners into the canal, this was when he wasn't at training!

I said it could have been Chilwell and my neighbour said he said the same but Bacardi said it couldn't cos she doesn't know what he looks like.

Either way one of them clearly isn't very nice!

She thinks it's all the goal he's scored that's gone to his head, and he's missed kicking people in the leg.

She may have a point there. 🤔

Bacardi 😂😂😂😂😂