Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Ben and Hamza - what's kicked off?

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

When asked to elaborate, he said, "That's a personal one."

People are mulling over that phrase and coming up with all manner of interpretations - and most will be wrong. Only Rodgers knows what he meant but, fwiw, I read it sort of along the same lines as @ClaphamFox  Rodgers wasn't prepared to go further because, imo, it was a personal matter. Whether that applies to both Hamza and Chilwell, or just one or the other, we don't know.  Neither do we know the nature of personal matter. Conjecture is understandable and to be expected but I think we all ought realise that it is exactly that (conjecture) and none of us know.

I prefer to believe people on subjects they do know about - like McDonalds burger non-flipping. On that subject, we appear to have some real 'in the know' people on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mabrah said:

People are mulling over that phrase and coming up with all manner of interpretations - and most will be wrong. Only Rodgers knows what he meant but, fwiw, I read it sort of along the same lines as @ClaphamFox  Rodgers wasn't prepared to go further because, imo, it was a personal matter. Whether that applies to both Hamza and Chilwell, or just one or the other, we don't know.  Neither do we know the nature of personal matter. Conjecture is understandable and to be expected but I think we all ought realise that it is exactly that (conjecture) and none of us know.

I prefer to believe people on subjects they do know about - like McDonalds burger non-flipping. On that subject, we appear to have some real 'in the know' people on here.

Rodgers does not strike me as the kind of manager who would prompt gossip/speculation needlessly, and he would have known that his evasive answer would lead to speculation. If they missed the session for perfectly valid reasons, he would have been at pains to emphasize that. The fact that he refused to say that probably indicates that something has happened.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rodgers told the BBC that Chilwell and Choudhury were dropped because they missed an important training session and that he had to choose players he could trust. When asked to elaborate, he said, "That's a personal one."

That tells me that they didn't miss that session because of illness or injury.

The way you've written it sounds far worse than the way he said it. He said players he "trusted to get a result" not players he trusted. 

The could easily have missed it for personal reasons, whatever they may be, going from what he said. He could also be being coy on it because they were out on the lash and  didn't get in until 5am ;) But from what he said, he couldn't know for sure either way. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Maybe they’re the ones leaking team news to Sean from Enderby or have something to do with it. Whoever it is though it shouldn’t be happening 

If I was Sean from enderby and knew teams news as a Leicester fan I wouldn’t tell

anyone. Maybe use it to bet but not give the opportunity for the opposition to plan in advance of the 1 hour of team release.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Am I being thick or missing something or did nothing Rodgers say indicate there was a problem? 

He said they missed a session, he didn't say it was an unapproved absence? He said they weren't currently injured, they could still have missed that session through illness, a tight muscle, a bit of a bruise, not to mention any number of personal reasons. 

If Chilwell had been AWOL, the very next sentence wouldn't be "but he'll be back in the squad on Wednesday" would it? 

I get people are worried by our form but this thread is, 1000% in a nutshell, what's wrong with football social media. 

You're all acting like gossipy schoolgirls. Give it a rest. 

Listened to the RL post match pod this morning and it seems to have been dramatised by Stringer trying to read too much into nothing and make a story up.

23:30 to 24:30 is the question about chilly and hamza.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07y7yrr

Stringer asks why again they were omitted and he says "its a personal one".

Then when Rogers leaves 26:20 stringer starts going "oooooooo" like bloody owl haha 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Few more McDonalds hacks:

If you ask for anything custom on your burger (like no onions) you'll get a burger that's been cooked fresh

You can ask for big mac sauce on a cheeseburger / double cheeseburger

You can ask for extra sauce on your mcflurry normally for 20p

Most receipts have a discount code for a £1.99 Big Mac & Fries on your next visit if you fill out a survey

Never order a filet o fish or a veggie burger. If they even still do them. They take 4 mins to cook and they only have 4  mins to serve customers. If it gets dropped it's likely to be picked up of the floor and served to you anyway. If your lucky they may drop it back in the fat to kill a few germs.

Also a lad from clock tower store, once got sacked as he was caught wanking in the shake mix. And you lit thought it was full of sugar lol

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

The way you've written it sounds far worse than the way he said it. He said players he "trusted to get a result" not players he trusted. 

The could easily have missed it for personal reasons, whatever they may be, going from what he said. He could also be being coy on it because they were out on the lash and  didn't get in until 5am ;) But from what he said, he couldn't know for sure either way. 

And that is a chasm of difference in meaning. If a player (or any other employee) is having personal issues of any kind that result in missing an important briefing session, then it is perfectly justifiable to suggest that they may not be "on it" and therefore not trusted to perform to their best. This is totally different from not being trusted, which implies some sort of misdemeanour.  There are a thousand and one reasons why someone would miss a work appointment, from waiting in for the washing machine repairer to a family matter.

I think we should all act like grown ups and stop the playground gossip. if there is anything amiss, then we will no doubt be told in due course, if it is suitable for public consumption. If not or the club believe that the individuals concerned privacy is to be protected, so be it and we carry on as normal.

I for one will not lose any sleep over it

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

And that is a chasm of difference in meaning. If a player (or any other employee) is having personal issues of any kind that result in missing an important briefing session, then it is perfectly justifiable to suggest that they may not be "on it" and therefore not trusted to perform to their best. This is totally different from not being trusted, which implies some sort of misdemeanour.  There are a thousand and one reasons why someone would miss a work appointment, from waiting in for the washing machine repairer to a family matter.

I think we should all act like grown ups and stop the playground gossip. if there is anything amiss, then we will no doubt be told in due course, if it is suitable for public consumption. If not or the club believe that the individuals concerned privacy is to be protected, so be it and we carry on as normal.

I for one will not lose any sleep over it

I miss interpreted his comment and apologise if I misled anyone ....

19 hours ago, Paddy. said:

My imaginary friend Rufus tells me that Hamza is very arrogant. Apparently he told Rufus' half sister Mabel that he's better than Ronaldo now.

:yesyes: I heard this too.

In the dark, whilst the wolves and the wind were howling

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

The girl who sits next to me at matches (a level-headed sort) went to school with Hamza and said he's one of the nicest blokes you could meet. How reliable are your sources?

Of course, someone can start off as a nice bloke and become arrogant by getting wealth and status but......... :dunno:

Hamzas my uncles brothers best friends nephews girlfriends brother. 

He's sound. 

2 hours ago, miles2lcfc said:

If I was Sean from enderby and knew teams news as a Leicester fan I wouldn’t tell

anyone. Maybe use it to bet but not give the opportunity for the opposition to plan in advance of the 1 hour of team release.

Yeah but Sean from Enderby is an absolute knob cheese, who only has one thing on his mind.... himself.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rodgers does not strike me as the kind of manager who would prompt gossip/speculation needlessly, and he would have known that his evasive answer would lead to speculation. If they missed the session for perfectly valid reasons, he would have been at pains to emphasize that. The fact that he refused to say that probably indicates that something has happened.

Very odd for him to say something, like you say if it was nothing why even say? he could have easily has glossed over it with "they didn't train all week so weren't quite ready for the match day squad".... Sound's less ominous. Really strange to dangle the carrot, he's not happy with something...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It wasn't evasive, he said it was personal. So, lets say he was telling the truth, it's not his place to expand on that. 

Rogers just keep personal matters internal!

this happened before with the arsenal hoo-ha.

with media and speculation it’s best to say nothing at all instead of leading answers which just creates more gossip.

im sure it’s nothing serious. Don’t even care if both players needed disciplining for something.

it happens they are young so let the coaches handle it. They are our lads so let’s not tear them down for no good reason. We need them back firing in all seasons! COYF

• Like 1

I heard Chillwell got in trouble because he shaved his pubes off. Realising it was a mistake he asked Hamza if he could make a pube wig from his hair.

Hamza refused.. 

So Chillwell put a Sleeping tablet in Hamzas drink, waited till he fell a sleep.

Then proceeded to put his tackle in Hamzas hair whilst sizing him self in the mirror.

At this point Someone walked in.

#pubegate

Edited by HankMarvin

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I am in no way at all surprised words from a manager have been blown out of proportion by Stringer/Radio Leicester. 

The guy is a Muppet, more concerned about creating sensationalist news instead of, as a fan, maintaining some measure of level-headedness to help the manager of his supposed favourite club (he really makes me doubt him sometimes).

I'm surprised he isn't making throat slashing gestures already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Yeah but Sean from Enderby is an absolute knob cheese, who only has one thing on his mind.... himself.

15 minutes ago, Katy said:

He’s a fame hungry tart. 

Have you ever noticed how you never see Sean and Stringer in the same place at the same time?

:whistle:

• Like 1

So Sean can revoke the forum license! :frantics:

Did not realise he was so all powerful.

Will stop leaving those bags containing dog poo on his doorstep right away!

Looks like someones getting a transfer.......................to the naughty step @Babylon

lol

Edited by Dahnsouff