Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Dani Olmo

This is one of those players that I find it surprising we are not all over like a rash. Highly technical Spanish midfielder proven in European competition who is young and will have massive resale value. The only counter argument is that we have 3 attacking midfielders in the squad already in Praet, Maddison and Tielemans. But he could easily play as a wide forward IMO given his technique and skill set.

Supposedly he was very close to a move to a Milan, but if we really wanted him I am sure we could get him. The fact we haven't been strongly linked (e.g. Percy) says to me we aren't interested though. 

He's a really good player though! Wouldn't put him on a Xavi / Iniesta / David Silva level, but I can see him being as good as Santi Carzola who I though was a little genius. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is one of those players that I find it surprising we are not all over like a rash. Highly technical Spanish midfielder proven in European competition who is young and will have massive resale value. The only counter argument is that we have 3 attacking midfielders in the squad already in Praet, Maddison and Tielemans. But he could easily play as a wide forward IMO given his technique and skill set.

Supposedly he was very close to a move to a Milan, but if we really wanted him I am sure we could get him. The fact we haven't been strongly linked (e.g. Percy) says to me we aren't interested though. 

He's a really good player though! Wouldn't put him on a Xavi / Iniesta / David Silva level, but I can see him being as good as Santi Carzola who I though was a little genius. 

Although he has played centrally more than wide, he does drift out, and seems to be a technically gifted dribbler - a lot of the clips has him on the wing taking on players.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoyFox said:

Although he has played centrally more than wide, he does drift out, and seems to be a technically gifted dribbler - a lot of the clips has him on the wing taking on players.  

Well exactly. The way we play under Rodgers our wide men end up quite central in the final phase of our attack anyway. Olmo is also quite clinical, especially for his age.

But I suspect that he would want big wages, probably something in the line of what Tielemans is on. I don't think the club necessarily have a problem with that, but only if a player has proved it first. Tielemans proved it on loan last season, and this season I would say players like Soyuncu and Maddison have proved they deserve high salaries too. For a new player coming straight into the club from Croatia... I don't think the club would do it.

Things might change if our bad form continues though. Right now it really feels like the squad could do with shot of adrenaline. Tielemans provided that last season so someone of high quality that could do it straight away could have a big impact. That said I still don't see any incomings this window.

Really odd one. He does seem ideal, but we already have purported ideal, and quite a bit of it

(Ignoring Current form)

If we didn`t have Perez or Praet, I woulfd say yes, but.....

Where's the bl00dy CB I ordered ? :@

In the latest article it states that he doesn't want a move to the UK 🙄

However, there is some bad news that comes from the same Sport report. Olmo, apparently, has no desire to join a Premier League side. The report claims that Olmo has ‘ruled out England as an option’. It goes on to suggest the Bundesliga is his preferred choice, as he prefers the style of play in Germany. 

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogomet/transferi/otkrivamo-zasto-bi-olmov-transfer-mogao-napuniti-dinamovu-blagajnu-vise-nego-li-se-ocekivalo-sjajni-spanjolac-nema-dileme-gdje-zeli-nastaviti-karijeru/9876028/

Off to Energy Drink Leipzig apparently 

Dani Olmo (21, Dinamo Zagreb) apparently agreed to join RB Leipzig in a transfer worth €16 Million + bonuses. The bonuses include €2 Million for each Champions League qualification during his contract, €1 Million for every 15 games Olmo plays for Leipzig and 10% of the next transfer.

Edited by lgfualol

46 minutes ago, sm1 said:

He's definitely not coming if that happens lol

Hey Benko, what's it like joining Leicester? You'll get loaned to celtic, come back, never play, play one cup game and get injured.  Fck that I'll go Germany. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We really need someone who can dribble round players right now our best flair player is Ricardo 

Absolutely. I don't usually go a bundle on making judgements on YouTube clips but, having never heard of him before, he does look something quite special in the making. I fail to see a place for Perez for example ie crap out wide and although seemingly better down the middle playing off Vardy, I'd perm him behind anyone of Maddison, Iheanacho, Barnes or Tielemans in front of him there. The club aren't suddenly going to write this hefty price tag off soon though. My only reticence would be perhaps the quality of the opposition he was playing against as even Mussa looked like Messi in some of his clips!

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

This is news from several days ago from what I can make out .....the new news today seemed to show that Olmo wants to go there which sort of makes a difference  

if he goes for anything south of 20m I'll be gutted we didnt have a punt. 

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sort of irrelevant if he doesn’t want to come to the PL at this stage of his career....

Is that a fact though? Im sure for the right wage he could be convinced. I think if he looked at how we play it would suit him well.  

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Is that a fact though? Im sure for the right wage he could be convinced. I think if he looked at how we play it would suit him well.  

Isn't it better to recruit players who want to be part of the project, rather then just being motivated by money? 

28 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Isn't it better to recruit players who want to be part of the project, rather then just being motivated by money? 

Its always going to be a combination of both. The majority of foreign players join primarily because of money, its just a hard truth. Doesnt mean they arent going to be motivated by other factors as well, but we already tick those other boxes.

We are great for a young player looking to improve, possibility of champions league football, not like we would only be offering the wonga. But when comparing us to Leipzeig, they offer all of those things as well so the money would be the only advantage we have. 

Edited by Lambert09

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

if he goes for anything south of 20m I'll be gutted we didnt have a punt. 

Like that Norwegain Kid, some players are sensible enough (or managed by their agent well enough) to make several incremental and lucrative steps up in their career.

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Its always going to be a combination of both. The majority of foreign players join primarily because of money, its just a hard truth. Doesnt mean they arent going to be motivated by other factors as well, but we already tick those other boxes.

We are great for a young player looking to improve, possibility of champions league football, not like we would only be offering the wonga. But when comparing us to Leipzeig, they offer all of those things as well so the money would be the only advantage we have. 

We have better sausages. Had a sausage in Frankfurt once, cut into it and it just seeped out onto the plate. Effin disgrace it was.