Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Switzerland bans big events

People planning to head to big concerts, conferences or sports games in Switzerland in the coming days will have to think again as the government has just announced that it's suspending all events involving more than 1,000 participants.

The ban comes into immediate effect and will apply at least until 15 March, the government said in a statement.

Switzerland has 15 confirmed cases and more than 100 people there are in quarantine. The country borders northern Italy, which has seen the biggest cluster of cases in Europe.

Wonder how long it will take for the government to bring in similar actions? We're now at 19 cases... 

I know that Boris Johnson is not the most popular of people in the city of Liverpool, but imagine if he stepped in and instructed the Premier League to abandon the rest of this season due to Coronavirus.

32 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It's two weeks to know if you've got it from when you catch it therefore, we would know who had it and be able to treat them/isolate them and by preventing new cases coming into the country we would be able to control the spread by checking new arrivals into the country. LOL

But then in two weeks you have exactly the same situation. Close borders forever? LOLOLOL

22 minutes ago, pleatout said:

Ok, Im buying...  At the end of 2 weeks you'd know no one in the UK had it.  Then you open the borders again and quarantine everyone coming in for 14 days.  That's really not going to work.  Heathrow has approx 200,000 folk coming in and going out everyday.  I'd guess it's about 50/50 otherwise we'd either fill up or empty quite quickly.  Therefore approx 100,000 arrive everyday.  Where the hell are 1.4 million people going to stay in quarantine?

This

22 minutes ago, pleatout said:

Ok, Im buying...  At the end of 2 weeks you'd know no one in the UK had it.  Then you open the borders again and quarantine everyone coming in for 14 days.  That's really not going to work.  Heathrow has approx 200,000 folk coming in and going out everyday.  I'd guess it's about 50/50 otherwise we'd either fill up or empty quite quickly.  Therefore approx 100,000 arrive everyday.  Where the hell are 1.4 million people going to stay in quarantine?

In 1.4 million tents. Fvck it , who gives a shit, we 're all gonna die one day any way. All i know, is that Nuneaton is being quarantined off, not because of corona virus, but because it's a sh*t hole

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You need to learn to read.

But I'll bite again. Closing borders for two weeks is completely pointless if you're sure you could test everyone coming in anyway. Why not just not close borders?

Also what do you do about UK civilians in other countries wanting to return, people on business trips away in very low/zero risk areas?

35 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

It's two weeks to know if you've got it from when you catch it therefore, we would know who had it and be able to treat them/isolate them and by preventing new cases coming into the country we would be able to control the spread by checking new arrivals into the country. LOL

There are actually reports saying that it can be from 12 - 27 days incubation.

there is so much about this virus that no one knows.

I have explained in other posts why locking the country down is not going to happen.

the best thing we can do, is wash our hands well, catch sneezes and cough's and just be sensible.

Image result for close the border meme

36 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Outstanding self-awareness.

He put LOL sarcastically at me on the message before, so I did it back. I wasn't being condescending, I was raising the point that closing borders answers nothing.

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How stupid... 

'I'm thinking of changing my name,' says Corona

The spread of the virus is causing problems for 44 women in the Netherlands called Corona.

“It’s a real shame. My name’s been rather ruined. Suddenly I don’t like it any more,” Corona Willekes, 57, told Dutch broadcaster RTL Nieuws.

“I’ve always had a lovely reaction to my name. But now I’m thinking about changing it, possibly to the French version Caronne.”

'My name is infected' (in Dutch)

I'm very worried about the now defunct Corona soft drink brand, popular in the UK in the 1970s and 80s.

I'm even more concerned about the sun's corona, the aura of plasma that extends millions of miles from its surface into space.

If you watch this video, I assume you will die, but what a way to go!

13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

The word association with that would put people off surely.

Some people are actively avoiding a certain brand of beverage because it happens to share a name of a virus. At some point in that thought process they're thinking "better not drink that, I might get sick". That's surely the only way this trend has emerged, right?

One is a beer. The other is a virus.

That is surely enough of a massive distinction for the average human brain to be able able to process? 

Maybe I overestimate people. 

Just now, RoboFox said:

Some people are actively avoiding a certain brand of beverage because it happens to share a name of a virus. At some point in that thought process they're thinking "better not drink that, I might get sick". That's surely the only way this trend has emerged, right?

That is surely enough of a massive distinction for the average human brain to be able able to process? 

I mean the word association between trump and the president tbf.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It's an unconscious association with what is now a word with negative connotations. If someone has a selection of 20 beers on a menu and are not particularly bothered about which one they pick, they're less likely to pick the one called Corona. I don't think they actually seriously think they are going to get sick from it. If someone renamed an existing beer 'Trump armpit sweat' sales would probably go down, even though its just a name. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

It's an unconscious association with what is now a word with negative connotations. If someone has a selection of 20 beers on a menu and are not particularly bothered about which one they pick, they're less likely to pick the one called Corona. I don't think they actually seriously think they are going to get sick from it. If someone renamed an existing beer 'Trump armpit sweat' sales would probably go down, even though its just a name. 

Apparently, sales of this stuff are pretty good!

14609.jpg