Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

39 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Much more quiet down my street tonight for the old NHS clap, had a feeling it would be for some reason. 

Somebody was playing a guitar somewhere in my street so I couldn't really hear if anyone else was clapping.

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

The worst thing is, the person I’m talking about has masters degree’s and is very well educated. I’m not particularly bright in most social circles but when we dine in her and friends company. I’m pretty much a Neanderthal.

Far too many people underate the Neanderthals they had their own culture etc. Now if you'd compared yourself to a Coventry supporter...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I didn’t know it was happening, I went for a beer down the blue barrel.

That's a coincidence, me and singhy were down at the Blue Oyster.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

The worst thing is, the person I’m talking about has masters degree’s and is very well educated. I’m not particularly bright in most social circles but when we dine in her and friends company. I’m pretty much a Neanderthal.

Don’t put yourself down, high level intellectuals have no sense, just lots of letters after their name :P

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I didn’t know it was happening, I went for a beer down the blue barrel.

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

That's a coincidence, me and singhy were down at the Blue Oyster.

and muggins here is just stood here with blue bollocks. Disgraceful lads, wheres the invite!?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stix said:

and muggins here is just stood here with blue bollocks. Disgraceful lads, wheres the invite!?

Singhy is into all sorts of kinky stuff, you wouldn't thank me.

• Haha 1

To be honest mate, it used to be the big blue annoying burning barrel, that I’d torment my neighbours with when they were hanging out there washing. Desperate times have changed it to my self isolation from self isolation point. My family are driving me up the wall. There are only so many times you can walk the dog.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

We won't. If you're expecting any return to normality in 3 weeks then I'm afraid your going to be disappointed. There might be a loosening of restrictions for some manufacturing depending on the number of employees in the company, there might be some gradual return to schools. lockdown will likely continue for several months and will mostly be about continued social distancing, so events involving close gatherings of people such as sport, leisure/gyms, clubs, pubs, restaurants and the like will stay closed until there is a vaccine. That's my thoughts anyway.

Your final sentence probably says a lot about your whole take on this.

Who said anything about normality? If we're not restricted to leaving the house once per day with cohabitors, that's a lockdown loosening that I can get excited about. For a start golf clubs will likely open in some capacity and our homes will no longer feel like prison cells. 

You won't take my opinion seriously but perhaps you might take the Science Editor at The Telegraph's opinion on board.

"I suspect there will be a general lockdown release in May and then some areas will be asked to go back in, if it looks like the virus is getting out of control in specific areas."

"Many people in government are now concerned that the economic, social and health impact of lockdown will be far worse than the benefit. Yesterday Chris Whitty the Chief Medical Officer spoke about the ‘unintended consequences’ of diverting so many NHS resources to fighting coronavirus. We know that many operations and treatments are being cancelled and the fall-out from that could be tremendous. I do fear the cure will prove worse than the disease in the long term."

Screenshot_20200416-205905.png

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

To be honest mate, it used to be the big blue annoying burning barrel, that I’d torment my neighbours with when they were hanging out there washing. Desperate times have changed it to my self isolation from self isolation point. My family are driving me up the wall. There are only so many times you can walk the dog.

I've run out of things to do around the house. It really is getting a bit tedious.

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'd argue that you do need to be a bit above average intelligence to have a full understanding of what is actually going on, and that not just people who were already going to die in five years are the only ones dying of Covid 19. But that's just my opinion, obviously. 

My comment was in response to somebody's comments about panic buying. I didn't say anything about the intelligence required to navigate the coronavirus exit strategy or to understand the level of severity.

It's central to my profession to know that the vast majority of people form opinion and actions based almost entirely on emotion, and that spans the spectrum of intelligence.

Edited by Nod.E

Just now, Webbo said:

I've run out of things to do around the house. It really is getting a bit tedious.

I live in a new build, apart from mowing the lawn and fixing up a dart board by the blue barrel, I’ve been at my wits end :(

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I live in a new build, apart from mowing the lawn and fixing up a dart board by the blue barrel, I’ve been at my wits end :(

Count yourself lucky you have a garden to go in, think of the poor buggers who live in flats😶,  

especially like a one bedroom thing, would drive me insane, 

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Im coming round. You have to be 2m away from the dart board right? Just place my beer 2m from you, and it’s all good!!! 

On my way

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Count yourself lucky you have a garden to go in, think of the poor buggers who live in flats😶,  

especially like a one bedroom thing, would drive me insane, 

Yeah I’m ****ing around in jest but it’s a bloody good point, I don’t envy those that don’t have an outdoor space to relax in.m, it’s hard enough with. :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

My comment was in response to somebody's comments about panic buying. I didn't say anything about the intelligence required to navigate the coronavirus exit strategy or to understand the level of severity.

It's central to my profession to know that the vast majority of people form opinion and actions based almost entirely on emotion, and that spans the spectrum of intelligence.

Yes I read what you said, you said 'the average person is so stupid'.  I've read your previous posts. I am agreeing with you, the average person is so stupid. In a completely ironic way, obviously. 

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I cut back all the trees that back on to my house, bought a shredder off Argos. Now I've got 9 nine bin bags of garden waste but none of the dumps are open to get rid of it.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I cut back all the trees that back on to my house, bought a shredder off Argos. Now I've got 9 nine bin bags of garden waste but none of the dumps are open to get rid of it.

Fly tip it, the roads are desolate you’ll never get busted :ph34r:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I read what you said, you said 'the average person is so stupid'.  I've read your previous posts. I am agreeing with you, the average person is so stupid. In a completely ironic way, obviously. 

You misunderstood my post. That much is clear. Move along.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I know, I’m just twatting about what jigs said just made me think I might be being a bit insensitive.

fcuk that. I live in a flat atm. You haven’t offended me. It isn’t your fault that people live in flats ffs. I’m just trying to make the most of what I do have. That’s all everyone can do. 

• Thanks 1

fcuk that. I live in a flat atm. You haven’t offended me. It isn’t your fault that people live in flats ffs. I’m just trying to make the most of what I do have. That’s all everyone can do. 

I used to live in a flat, they do have their benefits, unfortunately not at this moment in time as the bloody shops aren’t open 😂 

Edited by Strokes

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

IMG_20200416_131841.thumb.jpg.44b77dbd9a0750d1b26768292575133c.jpg

I gave my lad a number 3 earlier, it looks ok but he’s not happy at all.

The Mrs started on mine, tested on the back of my neck/head with a number 3 then a number one then gave up saying she’s not sure if it’s too short, it looks a mess. The lad reckons he’s doing it tomorrow, proper revenge cut incoming I reckon. lol 

• Haha 4