Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

After this is over the death rate might even drop as many will have been taken early.

I’m not saying this just to disagree for the sake of it @davieG, and you’re probably not wrong. My reply isn’t really aimed at you either, just comments like this in general.

But comments like this just seem like people try and forge a positive from nothing. Death rate might decrease (per month or even per year) after it’s over, but the people are still dead. The total deaths over say 2019 to 2022 could still be significantly larger than another 3 year period with no CV-19. 

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Someone should make a cap with a built in LED thermometer on the front so you can easily check if someone else has a fever. And i want half the royalties!

Is this to find out who has absolutely no dress sense whatsoever and cull them?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m not saying this just to disagree for the sake of it @davieG, and you’re probably not wrong. My reply isn’t really aimed at you either, just comments like this in general.

But comments like this just seem like people try and forge a positive from nothing. Death rate might decrease (per month or even per year) after it’s over, but the people are still dead. The total deaths over say 2019 to 2022 could still be significantly larger than another 3 year period with no CV-19. 

It wasn't my intention to forge anything other than a reflection/comment on the content's of my previous post and why I wrote 'might even drop' . Maybe I should have 'replied' to my own post.

He pointed out the risk of dying from heart disease and strokes had fallen, which could suggest they were dying from coronavirus instead of other things.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Some people cannot see there own impact on things, i was talking to a friend of my wife’s on Monday. She had made quite a few headbands for nurses that have buttons for the masks to rest on, so as not to cause stress sores. I popped round to pick them up so my wife can take them in with her.

We had a chat through the window and she told me she had been in isolation since the start of March. She was ahead of things, as she had foreseen all of it apparently, and she didn’t need to panic buy because she stocked up massively on all the items that became out of stock a week before it happened. lol

I mean I didn’t want to point out the obvious to her as she is such a lovely caring person but I was completely dumbstruck.

The average person is so stupid. The day I realised that was the same day I stopped worrying about my future. You don't have to be particularly bright to be above average.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

100,000 people die per day across the globe prior to the virus is there a big increase since the virus has been around?

Something I said I would like to see from end of Febuary,and in March before it Really Kicked off.

To me just Common-sense to measure & follow the variables in statistics..who,what,where & when....This is 2020 with easy Access to All Data.

I Havent seen One Country relevant Health organisations issue or do comparables.This in itself leads to Doubt &  lack of trust on the reporting,from the cynical.

At present I have no reason to criticise European countries handling of the situation,The hospital/care workers are up to their eyeballs,accountability poltically/admin can be Chased & Followed at a later date. I just cant understand the panic was across the Board so high,that basics were found irrelevant...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

The current numbers suggest otherwise. Granted that's to some extent thanks to the lockdown, and yes they may yet get worse. However we have to remember that this is the peak, so in theory now/the next couple of weeks is as bad as it gets. And that's without finding drugs that work, buying more ventilators, testing and eventually a vaccine.

To the contrary r.e. finding a positive from 'nothing'. Reporting that there aren't many incremental deaths is about as positive as it gets, no? Doesn't seem that it's fashionable to be positive during this time. Better to spread negativity, ignore the statistical analysis and take the COVID death toll numbers as the end of days scenario that they are not. 

We'll be out of this lockdown in 3 weeks and I cannot wait. For all the doom and gloom merchants, please feel free to stay indoors when the lockdown is lifted. I have a sneaking suspicion you're the same people that hog the middle lane on the roads.

_111779182_optimised-mortality-nc.png

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The average person is so stupid. The day I realised that was the same day I stopped worrying about my future. You don't have to be particularly bright to be above average.

I'd argue that you do need to be a bit above average intelligence to have a full understanding of what is actually going on, and that not just people who were already going to die in five years are the only ones dying of Covid 19. But that's just my opinion, obviously. 

18 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

We'll be out of this lockdown in 3 weeks and I cannot wait. For all the doom and gloom merchants, please feel free to stay indoors when the lockdown is lifted. I have a sneaking suspicion you're the same people that hog the middle lane on the roads

Sorry to be pedantic but if you think the govt are going to allow us to go from lockdown straight into a BH weekend then you havent been concentrating.....

Three and a half weeks at the earliest .......  and you may well be disappointed by how the relaxation of lockdown looks when it arrives ! 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The current numbers suggest otherwise. Granted that's to some extent thanks to the lockdown, and yes they may yet get worse. However we have to remember that this is the peak, so in theory now/the next couple of weeks is as bad as it gets. And that's without finding drugs that work, buying more ventilators, testing and eventually a vaccine.

To the contrary r.e. finding a positive from 'nothing'. Reporting that there aren't many incremental deaths is about as positive as it gets, no? Doesn't seem that it's fashionable to be positive during this time. Better to spread negativity, ignore the statistical analysis and take the COVID death toll numbers as the end of days scenario that they are not. 

We'll be out of this lockdown in 3 weeks and I cannot wait. For all the doom and gloom merchants, please feel free to stay indoors when the lockdown is lifted. I have a sneaking suspicion you're the same people that hog the middle lane on the roads.

You will not be out of lockdown in 3 weeks. At best certain groups of people will be back at work.

You will see the death rates within a month or two. They are building another morgue where I work.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no problem with a lockdown in general to protect people. However, the fact that you can't mix households is a little extreme. What is the difference between a family of 10 living together in one house and 10 family members living alone (within the same town/village) and visiting each other? That should be the first thing that gets lifted. Public gatherings will be restricted for a long time yet. Let's see how things go in other European places because a lot were more switched on to this and closed early, and are now starting to relax things like schools.

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I have no problem with a lockdown in general to protect people. However, the fact that you can't mix households is a little extreme. What is the difference between a family of 10 living together in one house and 10 family members living alone (within the same town/village) and visiting each other? That should be the first thing that gets lifted. Public gatherings will be restricted for a long time yet. Let's see how things go in other European places because a lot were more switched on to this and closed early, and are now starting to relax things like schools.

If you're limited to house A visiting house B and Visa versa and visiting no other houses then fine. If someone in house A has it, they only pass it B and no further. But if they visit C, D and E, and house B also visits F, G, H and I. And all those houses visit numerous other house, and so on and so on. You see what I'm getting at?

Edited by Facecloth

17 minutes ago, Parafox said:

We won't. If you're expecting any return to normality in 3 weeks then I'm afraid your going to be disappointed. There might be a loosening of restrictions for some manufacturing depending on the number of employees in the company, there might be some gradual return to schools. lockdown will likely continue for several months and will mostly be about continued social distancing, so events involving close gatherings of people such as sport, leisure/gyms, clubs, pubs, restaurants and the like will stay closed until there is a vaccine. That's my thoughts anyway.

Your final sentence probably says a lot about your whole take on this.

Im hazarding a bit of a guess here, and manufacturing is a huge industry with massively varying areas of work, but I work in that area, and as far as I can see(in my field, which is a large industry in itself) it’s business as usual. It never really stopped. Don’t get me wrong, office staff will be working from home where possible, Staff who are actually manufacturing product, carry on as normal, just stay the fcuk away from everyone. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

It wasn't my intention to forge anything other than a reflection/comment on the content's of my previous post and why I wrote 'might even drop' . Maybe I should have 'replied' to my own post.

He pointed out the risk of dying from heart disease and strokes had fallen, which could suggest they were dying from coronavirus instead of other things.

I really didn’t mean you in particular, I tried to stress that at the beginning of my post.  I didn’t think you were just trying to create a positive statement. I know your posts are usually sound. Anyway, I hope it is a positive, without looking into the figures across a number of years I really wouldn’t know.

Just now, stix said:

Im hazarding a bit of a guess here, and manufacturing is a huge industry with massively varying areas of work, but I work in that area, and as far as I can see(in my field, which is a large industry in itself) it’s business as usual. It never really stopped. Don’t get me wrong, office staff will be working from home where possible, Staff who are actually manufacturing product, carry on as normal, just stay the fcuk away from everyone. 

I have a 2 mates who have small manufacturing companies. They have had to close and furlough their workforce. It' the smaller manufacturing firms that I think need to get back to work sooner rather than later. It's the smaller firms that are most at risk of failing if these restrictions continue.

• Like 1

I need to break to some of you but manufacturing and many other jobs in this country will not return until demand exists again. That means people going out non food shopping and I doubt that there will be enough demand for most large retailers to re open until the govt stops paying the wages ......  that’s beginning June unless the system is extended in which case you could run till July! 

and at the point where govt stops paying the wages you could see huge redundancies which drops consumer confidence even further ..... gonna be tough ! 

56 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Well I wasn’t being negative just because I wasn’t being positive. I’m far from a doom and gloom merchant. I didn’t make any sweeping statements and I know at the moment it’s all ‘ifs and buts’. I’m really just taking this whole situation as it comes, I’m happy to stay in lockdown until the experts think we’re ready to relax it. If the overall death toll is lower with Covid-19 than without it then that would be a huge positive to take. It’d probably mean that some lives weren’t lost very prematurely and the average age of death would likely be much higher. I most certainly wasn’t looking for a bite or to bring the place down. 

13 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I have a 2 mates who have small manufacturing companies. They have had to close and furlough their workforce. It' the smaller manufacturing firms that I think need to get back to work sooner rather than later. It's the smaller firms that are most at risk of failing if these restrictions continue.

Is that because their suppliers have closed? I 100% agree mate the smaller businesses are really going to suffer when we come out the other side of this. The world will be a very different place when this is all over. 

58 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

You will not be out of lockdown in 3 weeks. At best certain groups of people will be back at work.

You will see the death rates within a month or two. They are building another morgue where I work.

Why do you believe that the death rate will remain so high for that long ? Is it that the care home system will continue to see deaths without them being able to get the virus under any sort of control ......surely the community spread being below R=1 will see a slow but steady drop in deaths over the next few weeks 

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

The worst thing is, the person I’m talking about has masters degree’s and is very well educated. I’m not particularly bright in most social circles but when we dine in her and friends company. I’m pretty much a Neanderthal.

I see Khan has advised Londoners to wear masks 

I’m pretty sure that the governments stance is led by the desire to protect masks for frontline rather than public use. 

if we got to the point where there was enough stock in their system then perhaps could change but I simply can’t see that until we relax ‘lockdown’ mid May .... and even then I dont believe we will have stock available for frontline and joe public