Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Filip Benkovic to Bristol City (loan)

9 hours ago, MPH said:

so would definitely have to be declared then.. unless there’s some sort of special dispensation for the situation in hand..

21 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He wasn't in the squad for Bristol yesterday, hopefully not injured... 

Maybe he is back with us?

No on both counts ...... even if his injury has ended his season, I doubt he would be allowed into our ‘bubble’.  And there is no dispensation for anything ....... only goalkeeper emergencies as per usual. 

37 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No on both counts ...... even if his injury has ended his season, I doubt he would be allowed into our ‘bubble’.  And there is no dispensation for anything ....... only goalkeeper emergencies as per usual. 

Yeah this is true. Hopefully it's a not another injury though. 

On 15/07/2020 at 18:29, Tuna said:

Super goal from Benkovic, why did the Stoke defence totally ignore him though lol

..looked pre planned!!!

Was not picked up and for a centre half to be wide and so far up the pitch seems strange, should have been picked up.

If only Harvey Barnes had that sort of composure in the Premiership. He had it in the Championship it can only be he is copping out of the opportunity and goes for power as an excuse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard anything about the extent of his injury at the end of the season? 

It’s going to be so important to start next season well and I’m really hoping he can step up for those first 3 games. 

I think we we need to wrap Soy with bubble wrap in pre-season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Anyone heard anything about the extent of his injury at the end of the season? 

It’s going to be so important to start next season well and I’m really hoping he can step up for those first 3 games. 

I think we we need to wrap Soy with bubble wrap in pre-season.

Benkovic's first 3 games of the season

0 start (1) sub. Injured after 4 mins

24 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

We need this guy! Can’t end up with players like Ryan Bennett ever again! How did we attract tieliemans when we were mid table yet could only attract a player like Bennett whilst chasing top 4! 

The Bennett signing was purely meant as a stop-gap, I'm sure. We were getting quoted silly money for players like Ake, Dunk and Tarkowski, and decided to go for a dirt-cheap option for the short-term, rather than splash out on someone we didn't really want. I don't believe for a second that he was the best we could attract.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Could of easily got some random young player from a huge club on loan! Why Bennett lol ! Why would you sign a stop gap that’s so poor when so much was at stake! Sign a stop gap with crazy talent that yes we can’t sign permanent! But can play professional football 

Maybe because loan fee's exist. We wouldn't want to pay a large amount for the person who was being brought in as emergency cover. A proven premier league player was a safer bet than a random kid.  

If we'd gone down that route youd be sat here posting now saying why didnt we go for a experienced premier league , reliable player and comparing it to signing Huth. 

Bennett didnt suit us, theres no argument there. But the thought process behind the signing made sense. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1