Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Filip Benkovic to Bristol City (loan)

Just shows the potential of the player - and what he can do if a Manager rates him and plays him regularly (like at Celtic).  Caretaker boss, Dean Holden, actually believes in him (and has started with him in all 3 matches he's been in charge for) - previous boss, Lee Johnson, clearly was cr*p at picking players, as well as managing a team.  No losses since Holden took over - and if he has been promoted a few weeks earlier, Brizzle could well have been in the play offs.

I asked my Bristol City-supporting mate for a scouting report.

He said: 

"Beautifully taken goal, commanding in defence, comfortable with the ball, looks very good. We have a whole bunch of decent big centre halves, so I think he was initially just in as cover for Johnson’s ever changing formation. Now, playing a consistent 352, he has a spot and is doing really well".

• Like 1

Not surprising to read the reports when he's given a proper chance. Sounds very similar to what Celtic fans were saying, you just know some players have it. Unfortunately the majority of mouth breathing droolers that football will write a player off if they see one mistake or below par performance.

• Like 4

In his post match interview he said that after training when everyone goes in, he goes and joins the strikers and practices finishing because he wants to be on the score sheet as well. 

Clearly this guy has a top attitude, because some strikers dont even stay behind to practice. Never mind a defender that might get 1 chance a game.  This is the type of guy I want at my club. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

I can not understand why this lad was called back from Celtic only to be sent out on loan.

If he is as good as people say he is why aren’t we working to get him into the team. 
Justin not good enough, Morgan past his sell be date, Cags 3 match ban.

Sheffield Utd will have a field day against Justin and Morgan.

7 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

I can not understand why this lad was called back from Celtic only to be sent out on loan.

If he is as good as people say he is why aren’t we working to get him into the team. 

He was poor at the start of the season after he got another injury playing for croatia. Rodgers didnt trust him with first team minutes as he really wanted the League cup. Worst thing we could have done for him was start him in the PL/FA cup and him not be up to standard and all our reactionary fans write him off instantly. Imagine if soyuncu played like he did at the end of last year in a year like this one that really mattered, no one would rate him. Benkovic needed a loan to get back up to standard but when he's back to 100% he's going to be incredible for us.

On 16/07/2020 at 18:26, Always Next Year said:

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Missing todays game for Bristol City through injury

Might be something to do with it.

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

What is it this time? Bad case of dandruff? Perhaps another appearance will trigger more money? 

With these kinds of loans it is usually the other way round

Bristol City could have to pay more to us if he doesn’t reach a certain amount of appearances for them, however with the injuries he has had they will probably get away with it