Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Filip Benkovic to Bristol City (loan)

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Evans is our best distribute of the ball for a centre back in years, I even said he was better on the ball than Maguire last season.

Also Soyuncu wouldn't be as good as he is alongside Benkovic. Don't underestimate Evans' influence on him, and the team, a bit like Huth had a good influence on Morgan.

Bristol City played two teams threatened with relegation. Before that Benkovic wasn't getting in the side, he's played in 6 games since signing in Jan.

Erm.. There were no games for 3 months so 8 games played is not as bad as you make out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Benkovic is still a better option than spunking a wad on another CB instead of using the cash on a striker and goal-scoring winger.   Congers is going to have to bring in someone soon or else why employ him.  That’s the worry for me.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Erm.. There were no games for 3 months so 8 games played is not as bad as you make out. 

Oh yeah I totally forgot about the fact we haven't played for 3 months lol

People comparing him to Evans. Get real.

Guest An Sionnach
15 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Benkovic is still a better option than spunking a wad on another CB instead of using the cash on a striker and goal-scoring winger.   Congers is going to have to bring in someone soon or else why employ him.  That’s the worry for me.

No premiership club will sell a key centre back to us at anything less than £60 million , the other option take a punt on a continental or  maybe a championship player at 20 million , who will get slaughtered on here the first time he cocks up . We know Benko , his strengths and weaknesses and he remains our best option.

58 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No premiership club will sell a key centre back to us at anything less than £60 million , the other option take a punt on a continental or  maybe a championship player at 20 million , who will get slaughtered on here the first time he cocks up . We know Benko , his strengths and weaknesses and he remains our best option.

... or Cags Turkish team mate? 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Looking abroad is the answer.

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

... or Cags Turkish team mate? 

Wouldn't come here in a hundred years. Why would he leave Juventus? He's playing regularly and openly admits in interview to loving the place and enjoying doing extra training every day with and learning from Ronaldo. I suppose if he came here he could do some falling over training with Perez before going to Nando's? 🤣😂

4 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Spot on I agree. We need another striker as a matter of urgency. If we get into Europe, Vardy isn't going manage every game and at best he's probably only got a couple of years left at this level. Iheanacho has improved but he's never going to be a top level replacement. If there was to be any truth to the rumours of interest in a young player like Jovic, if deemed suitable by the club, I see far more sense in spending big on him rather than up to 30m on yet another centre half where we have reasonable cover. Whilst I understand also the wish for a winger, that very much depends upon what we see as a winger and what tactics Rodgers wants to employ.