Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Filip Benkovic to Bristol City (loan)

29 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Wouldn't say that first was his fault, he followed his man and the midfield didn't pick up the third man run from Waghorn. 

Left back was massively out of position, if he was in position then he would have been able to spot the waghorn run and might of been able to put a challenge in himself

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Looks to be rated well by a lot of them, a few trying to figure out if he's to blame for the conceded goals with it looking like a classic blame game 

Quite a civilised debate though with deference to each other’s POV, no calls to “get the c*** out of this club “ lol

• Haha 2

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/i-might-brendan-rodgers-phone-3841980

Lee Johnson says Filip Benkovic is comparable to former Bristol City star Adam Webster in the way he uses the ball - and revealed he may play the on-loan Leicester City defender up front if needs be.

The Robins signed the centre-back on loan from Leicester on transfer deadline day and he made his first start for the club last night as they ran out 3-2 winners over Derby County, with Benkovic getting on the scoresheet.

Reflecting on City's January business, Johnson said Benkovic has the potential to fill a hole up front if his side are chasing a game after the 22-year-old revealed he played as a striker when younger.

"In the Championship you want to make sure every box is ticked," Johnson said.

"You want all the clubs in the bag - probably the only club we haven't got in the bag is that 6ft 6in striker, but funnily enough, Benkovic was a striker until he was 16.

"He said to me that all he ever wanted to be was a striker, so I said that was handy, did he mind going up there in the last 10 minutes?

"He'll be well happy with that goal."

He joked: "I might have Brendan Rodgers on the phone asking me what I'm doing when I'm playing him up front."

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Saw this and wondered why, had a decent game the other night and we want to see how he performs in the big games, strange really...

You think that's strange and their manager is talking about using him as a striker?:fishing:

I do want Benko to get over his injury hoodoo and have some solid consistency. There’s a brilliant player inside their wanting to come out.

just hope like with Celtic he has a great spell in the championship but then returns to us crocked again :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

On the bench today. Clearly they haven't been that impressed with him so far. 

Yeah it’s an odd one though as the majority of their fans were bemused he wasn’t included. Seeing as they got spanked he should be back in for the next game.  Why could really do with him getting a good run of games in.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Sad that he hasn't kicked on at all, makes sense as to why he wasn't given opportunities here

Agree really.

You could say the same with Diabate, too - apparently was highly-rated before he came here, but has only scored 1 in 20 at Amiens (still on the books at LCFC).

Just now, Wymsey said:

Agree really.

You could say the same with Diabate, too - apparently was highly-rated before he came here, but has only scored 1 in 20 at Amiens (still on the books at LCFC).

Diabate was such a weird one, joined in January and was a breath of fresh air with his weird trickery and running at defences, just lacked that final pass. Then almost disappeared from view and ended up on 2 loans out. 

Benkovic I can see being a similar one, promising talent ruined by seemingly picking up continuous knocks and a mistake in him. He is only 22, so no need to offload just yet. He needs a solid loan of consistent games to improve its where he gets that

Something clearly does not add up with Benko. he got rave reviews up at Celtic and was starting to look like the real deal. Not sure if the injuries have set him back or knocked his confidence when it come to getting tackles in etc. It always bemused me that after being a regular under Rodgers at Celtic he didn't get more of a chance here, hardly even featuring on the bench and assumed it was due to still not having fully recovered. The one game he did start he looked pretty assured and comfortable on the ball until he picked up another knock