Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea Post Match

46 minutes ago, sycokilla said:

Thought Hamza was one of the better players on the pitch, . I am amazed at the negativity in your post

That defensive midfield position in the system is vital to link the defence with Maddison and Tielemans. Ndidi has developed brilliantly since Rodgers came in and is now good at it, Hamza..not so much. You could see Evans gesturing to him where he should be standing. His movement is too slow so he's too easy to mark. 

I'd go along with what someone else said that he's better as a box-to-box, in our team anyway. Just let him charge about where his weaknesses aren't as likely to hurt us. 

• Like 2

On the whole, probably a fair result and indicative that we actually might finish the season in 3rd, behind one practically and one nearly unstoppable team.

Great to see we managed to come back from 1-0 down, take the lead, only to vanquish it again.

Didn't like the attitude in the first half, where we got bossed by Chelsea on our right-hand side. Pereira too often terribly exposed because Perez didn't cover.

Evans was the main reason the score stayed at 0-0, so many clearances.

Little impetus through the middle, Tielemans with one great pass, Maddison very anonymous (up until the end of the game), Choudhury came across as a bit lightweight I thought.

Chilwell with too many unforced errors, but got better in the second half (glad for him that he managed to score, but the defensive aspect of his game still leaves room for improvement).

Schmeichel probably to blame for Chelsea's opener. His side, nearer post.

Shame about Vardy not being up to full fitness yet, it showed. He was hardly in the game, one shot on goal says it all. Wish Barnes had converted from that lovely cross, though.

Probably need that near-two week break now, regroup, work on fitness levels and attack Wolves away. Hopefully, Vardy will have found his scoring boots again by then. :fc:

• Like 3

Guest bennytwohats
29 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Why? What he says was true. The fact that it wasn't even checked, whilst VAR wasted a couple of minutes watching Abraham's obvious trip over his own feet at the other end is the glaring inconsistency for me.

He was bemoaning VAR on a decision where VAR didn’t look at it. Do you realise what the alternative to VAR is? Refs decision stands, same outcome - I don’t know how you can look at that as a reasonable person and complain that not having VAR would have been better as it would literally make zero difference.

Also bemoaning a defender having his arms behind his back for a handball - I’ve not actually seen the incident so not sure if it was or not, but written down it made me thing it’s tongue in cheek!

Abraham check is a completely different issue and not related to what was said.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I'm just a bit confused here. He obviously moves his hand behind his back to stop the ball so how is that not a penalty? I am genuinely a bit bemused that some people here think it wasn't a peno? :unsure:

In the same way as Soyuncu v Liverpool shouldn’t have been a pen. He was trying to withdraw his hand and the ball hit it.

Overall I thought we played well in moments and probably deserved to win. Much better from Barnes, Chilly, Madders, Hamza, Perez but still not sure what's wrong with Tielemans, he's just too slow. There were a few moments of slow movement and passing but much better generally than the last few games. Let's hope the break does us good and we're back to pre-Xmas form for the rest of the season. Nacho and Praet for me have been very unlucky,both have been great and fully deserve a start. 

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

In the same way as Soyuncu v Liverpool shouldn’t have been a pen. He was trying to withdraw his hand and the ball hit it.

But he moved his hand towards the ball rather than away from it? So how was he trying to withdraw? 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, the “handball” at the end could have been given, but so could Caglar’s knee-off with Tammy.

Second half excellent.

.. yeah... but at least VAR reviewed it. 

!! 

As for natural position, who walks with their hands behind their backs, unless you are a convict and shackled to other inmates. Putting your hand behind your back in such situations is a calculated risk to belay any culpability should any perceived contact is made to the body by the football. Any further movement compounds the subversion!! 

Guest Markyblue
Just now, Blue Ed said:

My shout out goes to Perez. There were probably a couple of more stand out performances but his work, commitment to press and some dribbling skills gives us another option on the pitch.

Absolutely,  his best team performance for us.

Guest bennytwohats
4 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

To me the whole point is not was it - wasn't it but why no VAR check!!

What is the point of it apart from killing goal celebrations?

Completely agree it should have been checked.

i just wish people would stop conflating issues where VAR is concerned. I think the technology and the need for it is fine, it’s the implementation of it that’s poor. It wasn’t checked because it’s being applied inconsistently. The handball on Tuesday wasn’t checked because it was missed, which is poor.

But people looking at incidents where VAR has been rubbish and saying get rid of it, is a bit like  seeing a ref have a bad game and concluding we should get rid of refs.

like I say, I get the anger, I feel it myself, but we should be working to make the system better, not blaming the technology itself which is not inherently bad.

Just now, bennytwohats said:

Completely agree it should have been checked.

i just wish people would stop conflating issues where VAR is concerned. I think the technology and the need for it is fine, it’s the implementation of it that’s poor. It wasn’t checked because it’s being applied inconsistently. The handball on Tuesday wasn’t checked because it was missed, which is poor.

But people looking at incidents where VAR has been rubbish and saying get rid of it, is a bit like  seeing a ref have a bad game and concluding we should get rid of refs.

like I say, I get the anger, I feel it myself, but we should be working to make the system better, not blaming the technology itself which is not inherently bad.

We shouldn't get rid of refs altogether, but I could put together a list of a few to put in the bin which might improve things somewhat ... lol

I do believe Vardy shouldn't have started today and it hurts me to say it. He's clearly not 100% and whilst an 80% fit Vardy would have been by far the best option a few months back, now with Nacho playing well and scoring, he should have started. This would give Vards an extended rest and would be back to his usual self after the break. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
4 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

We shouldn't get rid of refs altogether, but I could put together a list of a few to put in the bin which might improve things somewhat ... lol

Ha, the last few games in particular come to mind!

Guest An Sionnach
2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

So Chillwell’s right peg isn’t just for standing on after all!

The less we have to say about Benny usually indicates he is playing OK. That is what we want a string of solid performances .

30 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Always get a bit worried when Kasper and Vardy lose a bit of form, usually means there's something wrong with the manager. 

Yep we haven't had a new manager for at least 12 months let's get another, Kasper has always had dodgy spells and Vards for me not fully fit, just ride it out there were signs today if us getting back to are best.