Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea Post Match

56 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Funniest moment when Kasper was scrambling to get a crap back pass and cleared it about 3 feet behind the line but the lino couldn't be arsed to give it.

Tbh, it was funnier when Chilwell shanked that cross that Caballero came out for but Ricardo chased down, then passed to Tielemans who also shanked his cross but it found its way back to Chilwell anyway who buried it in the net. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I wonder whether Brendan will go 3 at back now with Bennett alongside Cags and Evans. This may help at both ends of the pitch; but certainly help our achilles heel from set pieces. Will need to drop one of Wilf/Hamza or Youri though. I'd keep Perez, with Vardy/Nacho and Barnes up top.

Bennett is allegedly a poor player of the ball, can't see him being first choice over one of our much more technical players

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Tbh, it was funnier when Chilwell shanked that cross that Caballero came out for but Ricardo chased down, then passed to Tielemans who also shanked his cross but it found its way back to Chilwell anyway who buried it in the net. 

Sure shank redemption then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't tell me that isn't intentional. Hand goes back and body turns to block. 

We've had proper terrible luck with handballs in the last few games. There needs to be clarity with what is a handball and what isn't. 

Looks like it hits his left hand to me.

Disappointed not to get a win, but I'm not mad at the players for it.

Performance was good overall, aside from some lapses in concentration on set pieces. Should have won it with Vardy's ball to Barnes, but his finishing is poor unless he has time to settle and pick a spot. He's young, so that will come. But, Barnes NEEDS to start working on his finishing without taking a touch to control it.

Still 3rd and Chelsea are a decent side. Lots of positives but they need to start winning again.

That was a decent game, better performance. 

Kasper was shite, every set piece looked like a goal. He went mental at the defence when he should be coming for those and at least punching it.

I've came to the conclusion VAR could be good, the real issue is the fecking muppet referees running it. Lee Mason is a cock. The decision were shit before VAR and they are the same shit after it, Stockly park just back up every decision no matter how toss it is. Absolute tosses the lot of them, until these corrupt big ego useless willy pullers go there is no respect from me.

Guest bennytwohats
1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Maybe if you'd seen it, you'd understand. He moves his hands from his sides to behind him as he fails to block it and the ball passes behind him. It looks a lot worse in slo-mo obviously, but he seems to flick his hand out towards the ball.

Personally I'd rather not have VAR, not have the delays, since there's still as much debacle anyhow.

Perhaps - to be clear, I’m just saying written down, alongside the VAR comment I genuinely thought this was tongue in cheek. I’m not trying to pass comment on the incident as I haven’t seen a replay - looked like handball from where I was sat but I was in the opposite corner of the stadium!

i think VAR should have checked it at least. My preference would be a better implementation of VAR than nothing.

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Note his head movement, he knows exactly where the ball is and what hes doing

Looks like it hits his left hand/arse and he pulls his right hand away because like you say, he knows exactly where the ball is and what he's doing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Messi said:

That is never a penalty in a million years! You are taught as a kid to put your arms behind your back when defending a cross. 

They’d be outrage if that was given against us. 

That advice applies only when you're facing the crosser, so as to put your body between the ball and your hands and then the hands can't come in contact with the ball. This case was clearly different.

• Like 1

For me if the guys in the VAR room can't see from multiple angles that it's intentional then there not doing their jobs.

Like BR says its 'cute' meaning a clever disguised handball that did just enough and he got away with it.

We are not getting the calls at the moment so what can we do. Hope it does even itself out and we get some luck.

The whole team got their fight back today and some of that missing intensity and courage to move the ball forward at

speed. Even Chillers looked more positive going forwards. Perez putting a shift in and trying to make things happen.

We should have put that game to bed and come away with 3 points but in a way I'm glad this happened only for the

fact that we don't paper over the cracks.

Hope the team rests up and get to reflect on the season pre-xmas and post. We need to get back to what we were

before the dip. Figure out what that winning formula was and go at it with fresh impetus.

If we were able to win with consistency before we can certainly do it again. COYF!

Generally thought we played well, first half was pretty dull but we had a couple of decent chances, especially Vardy. Second half we conceded the customary crap goal but it seemed to get us going, got ahead, then gave away another soft goal but should've won it after that through Barnes or Evans (or both).

We needed a response from Tuesday and I think we got it, still things to work on but we now have a break to give players a rest, get players fitter and just take stock of where we are.

Frustrating today. Both times this season I feel disappointed for not beating them. 
Both teams were so sloppy in possession, even the ever reliable Riccardo gave the ball away a few times. So sloppy, sums up the prem this season. 3rd vs 4th was at best, average... good entertainment for the neutral... Everyone is million miles from top 2.

Kasper again... Everyone lacks confidence in him commanding his area, but it won’t change now. And his distribution is getting worse I’m sure. Massive leader, but I do wonder whether we’d be better at defending set pieces with a different keeper... probably a reason for Bennett coming in! He makes a worldy save and you remember why he’s been number 1 for so long but I do wonder how much his inability to defend his area costs us. 

Chilwell was iffy again first half, but good finish with his weaker foot and every now and then ran at people again. 

Youri looks world class one minute and cart horse the next. Weird... Some of his passing was fantastic, some... the complete opposite. 

Evans barely puts a foot wrong, surely our most consistent player this year? 

Poor attempt at a finish from Vardy in first half, snatching at things lately. Think it was on his left though 

VAR and handballs... not sure why we aren’t allowed to benefit from them. 

Chelsea in my opinion deserved nothing. 

Barnes and Pérez good again 

Hamza did okay in Wilfs absense

Frustrated... I can’t remember the last time Leicester City Football Club defended corners or deep free kicks well. Pearson went on about it for ages and couldn’t sort it... 

Oh well a point closer to the promise land...

Edited by lcfceaves

9 minutes ago, teblin said:

Thought Perez had a good game today.

Yeah that’s the player we thought we had brought out there today, although he got an hat trick again Southampton for me that’s gotta be his best performance in a city shirt 

• Like 1