Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea Post Match

Decent result Ndidiless but same feeling as August, started patchy but grew into the game and should've won it.

Bald & Bankrupt in goal for them had a proper shakey 15mins and again we've had a team target Chilly in the air and had it pay off.

Hope Evans is alright, get recuperated lads

• Like 2

A good game and a good point at the end of the day, particularly after going 1-0 down so early into the second half. Should've won it after the Evans and Barnes chances but I feel like we're back on track. 

Hopefully this puts to bed any calls for Hamza to replace Ndidi in any capacity. He's bang average. People got so caught up in the hype of having an academy product come through who shows passion and put in big tackles that they ignored his glaring weaknesses. He's frequently out of position, doesn't have the knack of getting his foot in like Ndidi and doesn't show for the ball from the defenders so we can't pass through midfield. I'd rather have Mendy play if Ndidi isn't fit. 

Two points dropped ultimately, Barnes and Evans have to score.

If Cags or Evans handle the ball like that in the same game with the same ref etc then it will be given as a penalty. Simple as. It seems like he actually moved his right arm behind is back to block the ball whilst keeping his left to his side. If the Soyuncu one vs Liverpool is a peno then that should be all day long for me. 

If we deem a handball to be an extension of the arm in order to make the body bigger than it would otherwise be (to block a shot or cross etc) then I honestly can’t understand how this one wasn’t given today and especially the one at Villa. 

• Like 4

Should have won it, two awful errors for their goals, Evans and Barnes score both of them chances on another day 

it’s a point closer to Champions League football, and that’s the ultimate goal.

its not a Pen at the end either, imagine that was the other way around, nobody here would be calling it. 

We need a serious Vardy debate too, I’m not for a second suggesting he isn’t up to the level, but he’s clearly not fit enough right now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fine. Maintains the gap.

Over 4th but the pack will get closer.

We should've put the game to bed and gone into the break with a clear lead.

Game was fun again. some good performances, some not so good, couple of poor misses and the defending was at times loose.

Still 1 more point towards Europe.

Now hope those "tired" players get themselves some rest and we finish on an unbeaten run.

Didn't watch all the game but hard to be too critical after that. Obviously disappointing to not take the winner chances but it's pleasing to see us create again. Kasper proving trouble again, although second is a great header. 

Take that, refresh in the break now and finish the job. Looking forward to finishing the season strongly, lots to look forward to. 

1 minute ago, Onions said:

Should have won it, two awful errors for their goals, Evans and Barnes score both of them chances on another day 

its not a Pen at the end either, imagine that was the other way around, nobody here would be calling it. 

We need a serious Vardy debate too, I’m not for a second suggesting he isn’t up to the level, but he’s clearly not fit enough right now. 

Wrong. I'd call it a penalty. I'd be pissed off if it was the other way round but I'd still call it a hand ball! And a penalty

3 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

Two points dropped ultimately, Barnes and Evans have to score.

If Cags or Evans handle the ball like that in the same game with the same ref etc then it will be given as a penalty. Simple as. It seems like he actually moved his right arm behind is back to block the ball whilst keeping his left to his side. If the Soyuncu one vs Liverpool is a peno then that should be all day long for me. 

If we deem a handball to be an extension of the arm in order to make the body bigger than it would otherwise be (to block a shot or cross etc) then I honestly can’t understand how this one wasn’t given today and especially the one at Villa. 

If that was true then Abraham would have got his penalty. Utter ****ing nonsense

• Like 2

Should be content because a draw is a decent result, especially with no Ndidi and being 1-0 down. But I can't help but feel a bit disappointed with the two big chances we had (Evans' header and Barnes' 1 on 1).

Edited by Aesc

7 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

A good game and a good point at the end of the day, particularly after going 1-0 down so early into the second half. Should've won it after the Evans and Barnes chances but I feel like we're back on track. 

Hopefully this puts to bed any calls for Hamza to replace Ndidi in any capacity. He's bang average. People got so caught up in the hype of having an academy product come through who shows passion and put in big tackles that they ignored his glaring weaknesses. He's frequently out of position, doesn't have the knack of getting his foot in like Ndidi and doesn't show for the ball from the defenders so we can't pass through midfield. I'd rather have Mendy play if Ndidi isn't fit. 

You've described Hamzas performance against Southampton perfectly. 

He isnt Ndidi but he was much better today

Edited by martyn

No more a penalty than the Cags knock on the knee first half.  Just gutting that his hand has stopped the ball falling to Maddison to slot home.  Gutting really should have won the game.  Better than losing though.  Hopefully they really benefit from the long break.

5 minutes ago, Onions said:

I’m genuinely not sure he does. 

• Like 1

Going against the grain here, but the two best chances (other than the goal) came to a defender - Evans, and a youngster - Barnes, so they're not 100% nailed on as it would be with say Vardy or Ian. But, we looked much better than the last few games and it was good to see two of the most berated young players on here both get a goal and have good games after a shakey start. We need to building confidence in them and now the TW is over, they all know where they stand.

Hopefully, the break will do them all good and BR can come up with some new tactics now that teams have worked out to give us the high press to stop us playing out from the back. We do need to look at the keeper situation for the Summer, even if it is for decent cover for KS next season.

• Like 1

Best games from Hamza and Perez in some time.

We blew them away in the second half, despite Kasper and Vardy both having off days.  A rebuttal to those who say the young lads don’t have the mentality to carry the team without the veterans -- and a good thing to take into the break.

We should have won, but I feel much better than I did before kickoff.

• Like 1