Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea Post Match

I wonder whether Brendan will go 3 at back now with Bennett alongside Cags and Evans. This may help at both ends of the pitch; but certainly help our achilles heel from set pieces. Will need to drop one of Wilf/Hamza or Youri though. I'd keep Perez, with Vardy/Nacho and Barnes up top.

5 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I wonder whether Brendan will go 3 at back now with Bennett alongside Cags and Evans. This may help at both ends of the pitch; but certainly help our achilles heel from set pieces. Will need to drop one of Wilf/Hamza or Youri though. I'd keep Perez, with Vardy/Nacho and Barnes up top.

Really?

If we went three at the back.

Schmeichel
Bennett Evans Cags
Ricardo                 Chilwell

Ndidi
        Youri        Maddison
   Vardy    Kel

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

But he moved his hand towards the ball rather than away from it? So how was he trying to withdraw? 

My apologies. I just got home and had a clear look at the footage. You are right. I am wrong. He tries to block it with his right hand (I originally thought it struck his left). It should have been a penalty, and at the very least looked at by the VAR.

We were robbed (again!)

PS it was still a crap pass by Barnes...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I think that’s the way forward next season. I think we’ll pay a quality centre back in the summer and play Ricardo and chilwell as proper wing backs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Really?

If we went three at the back.

Schmeichel

Bennett Evans Cags

Ricardo                 Chilwell

Ndidi

Youri        Maddison

Vardy    Kel[\center]

Yes. I'd go Barnes though instead of one of (Kel or Vardy) and there should be less need for Wilf/Hamza in defensive cover position. Barnes has that pace which can help us in an attacking sense and we can rotate Youri with Praet or Perez. I think it gives us options .

2 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

I though he was surprisingly poor Mount, though it’s also obvious he will get better as he gets older. Hadn’t twigged he’d got both assists though, even if from our point of view they’re sloppy ones to concede.

Yeah, I agree. They're set pieces and we 'should' be alive to these. Mount had a really good early chance and he also skied one over the bar but was offside, he did seem to disappear in the second half. Abrahams looked to be back a bit too early from his injury and Hudson-Odoi air-shot two good chances. I think we have the better younger squad, but we have got to keep from slating them every time they mess-up - I'm guilty of this myself in the heat of the moment, but overall I think Chilly and Barnes have improved. Maddison seems to have plateaued atm - if we can get CL this season then I think might be able to hold onto them and expect more next season. We have Wolves and Man City and then potentially a few games where we can put a winning run together, so I'm generally feeling positive for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

. Not seen the goals back but don't think Schmeichel was at fault for either of them

I disagree, He was out of position for the first because he started to come for it, then realised he couldn't. Had he not done so he would have been a better position to save. Distribution very poor again.

33 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Looks like the right but like you say tough one to tell. Would feel harsh if given against us I suppose 

...harsh!!!!

If that was against us, I would want to know what the idiot thought he was doing playing the ball with his hands. You can see he clearly believed that the cross was coming in-front of him and he attempts to bring his arms behind him to minimise the chance of a handball.The fact that the ball went behind him he instinctively attempts to prevent the ball from coming across as he had misjudged it. A Clear penalty!!!!

The biggest problem seems to be why it was never reviewed as lesser incidents have been referred for adjudication...something is just not right!!!

Post match interviews with lampard and Chelsea players definitely got the vibe that they are happy with the point in the end but disappointed they didn’t capitalise on their early dominance. Fair assessment, Rodgers definitely not as happy with the draw as them but will take it. A good game with two decent sides both trying to win it. Far more entertaining than watching a parked bus behind a brick wall and lots of huffing and puffing trying to get though it will little chance of doing so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Clear penalty or not, it wasn’t given and we should of taken our chances today. But completely agree it should of been reviewed, absolutely ridiculous why have it if you not going to use it properly!!

What is annoying is we have had the burnley, villa and now this one and got nothing.. when all are debatable, although the villa one nailed on. 

• Like 1

Good game, played well by both teams

Very exciting! The way football should be played. Two almost identical goals though, concerning, both of which were almost identical to the Villa goal the other day. We need to pick up the far post, this should be our focus during the break. 

Chilly looked more like himself and Barnes looked dangerous all game. Once him and Madders find their shooting boots again, we'll be laughing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

What is annoying is we have had the burnley, villa and now this one and got nothing.. when all are debatable, although the villa one nailed on. 

Exactly. Standard of officiating ridiculous even more than usual recently across the board. Think even Stevie Wonder would of have the villa penalty 

I said in the car on the way down that I would take a draw and fancied a 2-2 given both teams tendency to make mistakes in defence.  That will teach me to back my hunches next time.

Like others said we looked a bit shaky for the first 30 mins or so but  seemed to be settling towards half-time.  I have reached the point though where I crap myself every time the opposition has the opportunity to stick it in the mixer.  Why does every team look 4 inches taller than us?

Lots of encouraging performances for me.  Chillwell looked more confident (apart from one mis-control early on) and he took his goal well which will do him the power of good.

I know he missed a sitter but I genuinely get more excited when Barnes is on the ball than any other player at the moment.  He always gives the impression that he can make something happen.

I said my lad a half-time that Hamza was playing well, winning second balls and tidying up effectively.  He seemed to drop off second half for some reason though and although he was offering when we were trying to play out both CBs preferred to go wide.

Vards is clearly not 100%.  A couple of times he lost foot races with their CBs which just doesn’t happen when he is fully fit.

Hopefully it is nothing too serious with Wilf, we look so much more solid with him there.

Anyway, a couple of weeks off now then we go again.  A draw at OT this evening would be perfect.

Edited by CUJimmy

I find it odd that refs deem it ball to hand just because a player is moving hands behind their back.

Players have got clever and worked out that by doing that ref's are getting fooled time and time again, the policy needs changing on that, a hand ball is a hand ball.

The chelsea player clearly engineered that move to block the cross, whilst making it look accidental.