Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea Post Match

Disappointing performance....again. Alot of huffing and puffing but not alot of end product. Kasper is in some dreadful form at the minute and it is telling.

We look laboured in every game we play at the minute and make everything look way more difficult than it should be.

As for this passing out from the  back malarkey, bin it! We almost gifted them a goal on several occasions from sloppy play at the back. Overall we are just not good enough. Weak upfront, poor form at the back and static in the middle.

A game we should have won if we had taken our chances. Chelsea were equally as poor.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

For all the fawning over Chelsea’s young players, Barnes was the best young player on the pitch for me.

tbf, I thought Mount did ok, two assists for the goals although from set peices. Maddy could do well to study that.

12 minutes ago, Messi said:

That is never a penalty in a million years! You are taught as a kid to put your arms behind your back when defending a cross. 

They’d be outrage if that was given against us. 

Do you mean like Söyüncü against Liverpool 

6 minutes ago, sishades said:

Var did not check the "handball" at the end. He clearly moved his hand towards the ball. F**k VAR!

That's the infuriating thing. This handball could've gone either way. I'd personally probably lean towards it not being a handball as his hands are by his side with his back to goal. But there is some movement towards the ball, so there's a chance he's been clever there.

But if VAR isn't even going to check it, what the fvck is the point in having it?

I was all for VAR because I have no faith in refs to make the right calls. There's no point if it can't be used to help refs. I can't be arsed with it purely just to make marginal offside decisions.

It's infuriating and taking away from the game. Not least because it makes absolutely no sense.

Refs are all about 'respect', well you're not going to get any respect for being too insecure to admit that you sometimes make mistakes.

Why are they allowed to go completely unregulated? Bunch of egotistical w*nkers.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

A good game and a good point at the end of the day, particularly after going 1-0 down so early into the second half. Should've won it after the Evans and Barnes chances but I feel like we're back on track. 

Hopefully this puts to bed any calls for Hamza to replace Ndidi in any capacity. He's bang average. People got so caught up in the hype of having an academy product come through who shows passion and put in big tackles that they ignored his glaring weaknesses. He's frequently out of position, doesn't have the knack of getting his foot in like Ndidi and doesn't show for the ball from the defenders so we can't pass through midfield. I'd rather have Mendy play if Ndidi isn't fit. 

Thought Hamza was one of the better players on the pitch, . I am amazed at the negativity in your post

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

If that was true then Abraham would have got his penalty. Utter ****ing nonsense

Must’ve missed that incident as my stream was a bit dodgy - I suppose it’s consistent if we’ve actually done the same handball and it’s not been awarded. I did see the Soyuncu on Abraham if that’s what your referring to? 

Hate to say it, but Chelsea looked a much more dangerous team than us. Their passing was faster and more accurate. They handled the ball in tight spaces better, and were the more aggressive, positive side.

Surprised me to see that TBH. We have really grown conservative I think. We play backwards unnecessarily when on their side of the pitch ALL THE TIME. To win games like this, we need to look forward more, we need to pass more quickly, we need to be more decisive on the ball, and most of all, we need to look to attack, not possess. Happily Chelsea's defense is poor, so they gave our lads the openings we needed, and we easily could have won, but we need to stop being so bloody ponderous on the ball. 

People will blame Barnes, but really, Evans missed the easier shot. How he got that so wrong I have no idea. Shame to drop points against this lot, despite all the ways they looked superior, they were terrible in the back.

The only time I have seen us play the free, attacking, flowing football of late is when we have a 2-goal lead. We suddenly relax and look marvelous. December really wore us down and we lost some confidence. We have another gear than we showed today.

One more positive we should take from this match is that we played well, but there is so much room for improvement across the board from our team. And those improvements are quite simple things, like decision making, being in the right position, being more clinical in attack, etc. All of these things can be improved pretty easily too.

That said we could still do with some more quality in the team, which I expect us to go out and get in the summer.

For me we did look like the third best team in the country for large parts of the match, though a large part of this is because so many teams have fallen away. I think we look a lot better and more promising than Chelsea, though we don't know how much they will spend in the summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, martyn said:

You've described Hamzas performance against Southampton perfectly. 

He isnt Ndidi but he was much better today

I think Hamza is very good in his own right, but not as a like for like positional swap for Ndidi. He's more suited as a box to box type from what I can see. 

Edited by TheCryptoPoet

2 minutes ago, sycokilla said:

Thought Hamza was one of the better players on the pitch, . I am amazed at the negativity in your post

This was an exciting game, but it is fair not to be excited by our performance. We have played much better than this. We played better than this in the first game against them. 

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

That's the infuriating thing. This handball could've gone either way. I'd personally probably lean towards it not being a handball as his hands are by his side with his back to goal. But there is some movement towards the ball, so there's a chance he's been clever there.

But if VAR isn't even going to check it, what the fvck is the point in having it?

I was all for VAR because I have no faith in refs to make the right calls. There's no point if it can't be used to help refs. I can't be arsed with it purely just to make marginal offside decisions.

It's infuriating and taking away from the game. Not least because it makes absolutely no sense.

Refs are all about 'respect', well you're not going to get any respect for being too insecure to admit that you sometimes make mistakes.

Why are they allowed to go completely unregulated? Bunch of egotistical w*nkers.

This is it for me, this forum appears split on whether it’s hand ball or not, but the fact it wasn’t checked by VAR is the thing that is just baffling.

Just now, Nod.E said:

It's also really p*ssing me off that Vardy's drop in form has come just as Becky has dropped.

Vardy's form has dropped off but we have rushed him back a bit. He'll be firing soon for the run in to see us over the Champs League line. Hopefully!

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's also really p*ssing me off that Vardy's drop in form has come just as Becky has dropped.

I think it's more that he's still really coming back from that glute injury. He didn't look on it in the first half, but did look better in the 2nd half. I'm really hopeful that the break gives him a chance to get back to full fitness AND all the other teams will have the break so everyone comes back at roughly the same level.

Lucky to to concede in first half. Should have won it with our chances. Barnes has to improve at these chances. He's really done well recently but the big chances like these cannot be missed at the top level when it matters.

Is it time to drop Kasper? He's so susceptible from set pieces it's ridiculous. Teams know this. His distribution was a joke again. Surely he works on this? It's fortunate we haven't conceded more from his **** ups like this. How many yards was he off his line for the second goal? Effectively got lobbed from a header. Shocking.

Defending isn't good enough either from set pieces too. What was going on with Chilwell marking Rudiger?  Only going to be one winner.

Decent performance but ultimately two points dropped. Did say I'd be happy with a draw before the game to maintain the gap so it's not doom and gloom just yet. Have to take chances and switch on a bit more at the back.

Two points Vs Chelsea this season, could and should probably have been six 

• Like 1