Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-2 Chelsea Post Match

It was a good game to watch for a neutral. We should have won then again we could have been 3 down before we started to play only for Evans mainly.

What is it with the slow starts. It's like we;re using the first 20 Minutes to warm up into the game. This is something Breandan needs to address as it's happening too often.

As for the rest pretty much everything else has been said. Enjoyed Ricardo,Evans,  Perez  Harvey and  Chilwell  though both Goals came from his side.

Kasper was awful.

7 minutes ago, Harry the Cat said:

What peed me off was our lethargic start to the second half. Chelsea came out as a team and were ready and prepared. We drifted out like a Sunday league pub side. We weren’t focused. It was no surprise when Chelsea scored because were were still in the changing room mentally. 

It's happening too often and it's costing either momentum or Goals.

Guest Markyblue

The second half start was absolutely bizarre,  we came out late, we came out in dribs and drabs and were barely in position when they kicked off.  Within a minute they had scored,  we weren't switched on at all. Good performance today but this needs addressing it was pub team stuff.

58 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Frustrating today. Both times this season I feel disappointed for not beating them. 
Both teams were so sloppy in possession, even the ever reliable Riccardo gave the ball away a few times. So sloppy, sums up the prem this season. 3rd vs 4th was at best, average... good entertainment for the neutral... Everyone is million miles from top 2.

Kasper again... Everyone lacks confidence in him commanding his area, but it won’t change now. And his distribution is getting worse I’m sure. Massive leader, but I do wonder whether we’d be better at defending set pieces with a different keeper... probably a reason for Bennett coming in! He makes a worldy save and you remember why he’s been number 1 for so long but I do wonder how much his inability to defend his area costs us. 

Chilwell was iffy again first half, but good finish with his weaker foot and every now and then ran at people again. 

Youri looks world class one minute and cart horse the next. Weird... Some of his passing was fantastic, some... the complete opposite. 

Evans barely puts a foot wrong, surely our most consistent player this year? 

Poor attempt at a finish from Vardy in first half, snatching at things lately. Think it was on his left though 

VAR and handballs... not sure why we aren’t allowed to benefit from them. 

Chelsea in my opinion deserved nothing. 

Barnes and Pérez good again 

Hamza did okay in Wilfs absense

Frustrated... I can’t remember the last time Leicester City Football Club defended corners or deep free kicks well. Pearson went on about it for ages and couldn’t sort it... 

Oh well a point closer to the promise land...

MON’s teams were fantastic at this but they did have four massive CBs to choose from and could even use one as a back-up striker when necessary.

More recently the league winning side was pretty good as well.  They got found out the following year when refs started to penalise some of the skullduggery that went on but they don’t seem to be doing that as consistently this season.  Maybe time to get a bit nastier, if it costs the odd pen then so be it.

59 minutes ago, Harry the Cat said:

What peed me off was our lethargic start to the second half. Chelsea came out as a team and were ready and prepared. We drifted out like a Sunday league pub side. We weren’t focused. It was no surprise when Chelsea scored because were were still in the changing room mentally. 

100%

Couldn't believe what I was seeing

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Kasper wasn’t awful 

I’ve seen awful keepers perform here over the years 

today wasn’t awful 

He hasn’t saved a shot in 180 mins? But has fished the ball out of the net 4 times.

just the last 2 games he has kicked the ball straight to the opposition just outside his own box fortunate not to concede a goal both times.

7 out of 13 of his long balls were licked into touch.

if your job is to make saves and you don’t make any for 2 matches.

thats a poor performance.

Apart from kicking the ball 5 yards to players from goal kicks, what has he done?

Does the opposition need to score from one of his passes for it to be considered an awful performance?

because regardless it happened and does so regularly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Frustrating today. Both times this season I feel disappointed for not beating them. 
Both teams were so sloppy in possession, even the ever reliable Riccardo gave the ball away a few times. So sloppy, sums up the prem this season. 3rd vs 4th was at best, average... good entertainment for the neutral... Everyone is million miles from top 2.

Kasper again... Everyone lacks confidence in him commanding his area, but it won’t change now. And his distribution is getting worse I’m sure. Massive leader, but I do wonder whether we’d be better at defending set pieces with a different keeper... probably a reason for Bennett coming in! He makes a worldy save and you remember why he’s been number 1 for so long but I do wonder how much his inability to defend his area costs us. 

Chilwell was iffy again first half, but good finish with his weaker foot and every now and then ran at people again. 

Youri looks world class one minute and cart horse the next. Weird... Some of his passing was fantastic, some... the complete opposite. 

Evans barely puts a foot wrong, surely our most consistent player this year? 

Poor attempt at a finish from Vardy in first half, snatching at things lately. Think it was on his left though 

VAR and handballs... not sure why we aren’t allowed to benefit from them. 

Chelsea in my opinion deserved nothing. 

Barnes and Pérez good again 

Hamza did okay in Wilfs absense

Frustrated... I can’t remember the last time Leicester City Football Club defended corners or deep free kicks well. Pearson went on about it for ages and couldn’t sort it... 

Oh well a point closer to the promise land...

I know it may feel bad because we’re more aware of our own performances than those of other teams but in terms of goals conceded from set pieces we have the 5th best record in the league. X 

I missed first half.

Second half I felt we played a lot better than most recent games,  Probably our second best behind west ham.

I think we right to feel hard done by, it was all us then they got their second from a set piece.  Finally a blatant hand ball not given, ref may have been following guidelines dont know, but I feel defenders have mastered how to pretend a handball is accidental and ref's need to wake up to it.  That defender knew what he was doing.

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

To me it looks like he purposely moves his arm to the ball.. should have been reviewed, and var doesn’t work unless you are Liverpool 

After watching it from that clip a few times. I now think it’s a penalty. Very slyly moves his hand to make it look like he’s trying to get it out of the way. There was no need for his hand to move how it did looking at that. 

For those having a go at Kasper, give your heads a wobble. Little chance with the first. No keeper in the world saves the second. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I know it may feel bad because we’re more aware of our own performances than those of other teams but in terms of goals conceded from set pieces we have the 5th best record in the league. X 

Yeah maybe, the start of the season started well, but then again we got lucky not to concede in the 1st game of the season from a corner. Kasper coming and flapping around just makes us look messy / panicked