Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

51 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Ianus Hagi? Can play anywhere across the front three and the maddo role. 

Looks good. Now I'm going to watch a couple Rangers matches. Wonder why Genk let him go on loan w/option.

46 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Looks good. Now I'm going to watch a couple Rangers matches. Wonder why Genk let him go on loan w/option.

He wasn’t getting a look in at Genk. He looks a decent player the few times I’ve saw him but he strikes me as a luxury player, looks a man down defensively. Admittedly I’ve only seen him a few times, barring the Euro 21s in the summer, but from what I have seen he’s a long way to go before being an EPL level player.

9 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He wasn’t getting a look in at Genk. He looks a decent player the few times I’ve saw him but he strikes me as a luxury player, looks a man down defensively. Admittedly I’ve only seen him a few times, barring the Euro 21s in the summer, but from what I have seen he’s a long way to go before being an EPL level player.

What does it mean when you say  "a man down". A bit small maybe?  Thanks for saving me the pleasure of watching Rangers.:scarf:

2 hours ago, casablancas said:

Ianus Hagi? Can play anywhere across the front three and the maddo role. 

Only saw him the couple of times he's played since moving to Rangers and whilst there is no doubting that he is capable of some magic, he disappears alot during game. Whether that's just due to him being young and the consistency comes later, I would much rather have him as a long term target. 

59 minutes ago, SO1 said:

What does it mean when you say  "a man down". A bit small maybe?  Thanks for saving me the pleasure of watching Rangers.:scarf:

Assume he means just a bit of a liability defensively, doesn't really offer enough, think poor mans Ozil.

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Only saw him the couple of times he's played since moving to Rangers and whilst there is no doubting that he is capable of some magic, he disappears alot during game. Whether that's just due to him being young and the consistency comes later, I would much rather have him as a long term target. 

That's the thing. Its so easy to be seduced by all this young potential talent. And we should be buying up some of that talent to produce in the long term. 1-2 yrs.

But we need players who can produce now. We need to go after the next Salah or Mane. I don't think we have time to wait a 1 1/2 yrs. for all of these young stars to bed in.

There's no guarantee they'll all work out.

9 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ideally, a winger/inside forward who is powerful, can pass well, score goals, and with a good workrate. Bonus points for height. Can't think of any that fit the mould though...

Kylian Mbappe?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ideally, a winger/inside forward who is powerful, can pass well, score goals, and with a good workrate. Bonus points for height. Can't think of any that fit the mould though...

Osihmen, Ismail sarr, dwight mcneil or edouard could fit that mould to varying extents. All young too so would develop. 

• Like 2

I was annoyed we didn't properly go for Sarr in the summer, there were a few early links that we would and then I think the media used our name to stir up tension towards the end as Watford and Rennes were well apart on price. Anyway, he is the ideal Gray replacement. He is direct and absolutely rapid, I'd offer them £15m and Gray/Albrighton/both for him if they get relegated

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Do like Osimhen :thumbup:

I do, likewise Edouard but is there room for another striker of that calibre with Vardy and Iheanacho revitalised? I would loathe to mug Kelechi off after the way he has regrouped and rediscovered his confidence at the highest level. Maybe that's a lack of ambition to think that way, if we get top 4 we have to be ruthless at times in our forward planning. I suppose Osimhen can play a variety of positions which makes the signings more plausible.

Guest An Sionnach
19 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Forsberg is top draw! Think he goes to someone else rather than us, but I rate him very highly indeed. In 2016/17 he had 19 (!!!) assists in the Bundesliga. Super creative player!

He is just the sort of powerful, direct forward we really need. Of course he has to start he would never be satisfied just coming on from the bench .

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is just the sort of powerful, direct forward we really need. Of course he has to start he would never be satisfied just coming on from the bench .

That wouldn't be a problem.  The problem would be convincing him to come to LCFC in the first place.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do, likewise Edouard but is there room for another striker of that calibre with Vardy and Iheanacho revitalised? I would loathe to mug Kelechi off after the way he has regrouped and rediscovered his confidence at the highest level. Maybe that's a lack of ambition to think that way, if we get top 4 we have to be ruthless at times in our forward planning. I suppose Osimhen can play a variety of positions which makes the signings more plausible.

Yes as we have shown since Christmas without a fully firing Vardy we don't scored enough goals.