Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

Guest An Sionnach

Five of our usual team , Evans , Soyuncu , Pereira , Ndidi and Vardy are among the best players in the premiership , Maddison should be as well but he has to turn up every match. That is a very strong core. Kasper is Kasper, world class at shot stopping but not so good in other areas but overall still a very good keeper. So four positions are debatable. Chilwell , Tielemans, Barnes , Iheanacho , Praet  and Perez occupy those positions .All are good players but attract the most negative comment on here. In my opinion we need two more players , a striker and a powerful box to box midfielder. Ben Chilwell and Youri Tielemans need to work much harder on their game ,they can be far better than they have shown this season .The other four have been pretty good really when played in their proper positions . Hamza ,Justin, Bennett and hopefully Mendy are very good squad players, so we are pretty strong really . We certainly have a very good squad and those two players could make us even stronger.

On 24/02/2020 at 03:03, Dan LCFC said:

God I'd love Telles here. He'd be a fantastic buy.

Did you see his goal on Sunday night?  Absolute thunderbolt lol

Seems to fit a similar profile to Ricardo in terms of circumstances, if he were to sign and turn out half as good as him then that would be a great signing.

On 24/02/2020 at 03:04, Dan LCFC said:

Completely agree that he is overhyped beyond belief. Do not get the fuss whatsoever. Confirmation bias from England fans is my gut feeling.

Tend to agree with this, he's an ever present in a Villa side that are leaking goals like a sieve and given the lack of decent options at CB for England at the moment I don't place too much importance on 'England International' in that position.

48 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Did you see his goal on Sunday night?  Absolute thunderbolt lol

Seems to fit a similar profile to Ricardo in terms of circumstances, if he were to sign and turn out half as good as him then that would be a great signing.

Has a nice little dance too.

Should we make the Champions League a backup midfielder is something that would be extremely important.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Maddison or Wilfred move in the summer so another player in the Praet mould would be good.

We were fortunate that we got a favorable draw in 2016/17 (especially without Kante and then Mendy) but Sevilla away was brutal on our midfield play until we took our chance. A tougher group next time around requires us to be very strong in the middle of the pitch.

A striker is another priority. Vardy has started to show signs of wear and tear so another option is necessary here. Until Nachoman's turnaround of late we've had no one on the bench to inspire us with regard to goals. It's gonna be next to near impossible for the next main striker to avoid the shadow of Vardy mind.

4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Should we make the Champions League a backup midfielder is something that would be extremely important.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Maddison or Wilfred move in the summer so another player in the Praet mould would be good.

We were fortunate that we got a favorable draw in 2016/17 (especially without Kante and then Mendy) but Sevilla away was brutal on our midfield play until we took our chance. A tougher group next time around requires us to be very strong in the middle of the pitch.

A striker is another priority. Vardy has started to show signs of wear and tear so another option is necessary here. Until Nachoman's turnaround of late we've had no one on the bench to inspire us with regard to goals. It's gonna be next to near impossible for the next main striker to avoid the shadow of Vardy mind.

The next striker has to be someone who has the ability to play wide. The Holy Grail......finishing , dribbling and speed.

11 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Fancy the issue is just as likely to be the fans patience...

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What would we do without them. Starts to smell of mold in here when things aren't freshned up in here. Besides it's nice to know you read the sun and the mail so I don't have to.                    Besides it's not Celtic.... not that there's anything wrong with that.🦊

Edited by SO1

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

What would we do without them. Starts to smell of mold in here when things aren't freshned up in here. Besides it's nice to know you read the sun and the mail so I don't have to.                    Besides it's not Celtic.... not that there's anything wrong with that.🦊

You will find that News Now is like a pair of shades protecting my eyes from the glare of both The Sun and The Daily Fascist Mail :thumbup:

After all loans and contracts have ended, this is what our squad will look like in the summer:

GK: Schmeichel, Ward

RB: Ricardo, Justin

LB: Chilwell, Fuchs*
CB: Evans, Soyuncu, Benkovic, Morgan*
DM: Ndidi, Choudhury, Amartey

CM: Maddison, Tielemans, Praet, James, Silva

Wingers: Barnes, Perez, Albrighton, Gray, Ghezzal, Diabate

ST: Vardy, Iheanacho, Slimani

*Included as it seems like they will be offered new contracts

Youth Players to possibly include: Iversen, Knight, Hirst

Leaving: Jakupovic, Bennett (loan), Mendy, King

Underlined are those who I think are likely to leave, whether on loan again or permanent

Would give us a squad of around 21 senior players, I think we will need between 3-5 serious contributions to the squad over the summer for next season

26 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I'd love Grealish but I don't think we could attract him with every other team in the league after him. A similar player to Grealish doing well is Eberechi Eze. Currently the highest rated championship player on whoscored and is only 21. Plays left wing or attacking midfield. 

Screenshot_20200224-122101_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f12b95c081f2fc1f7706eef4ee3ca4fb.jpgScreenshot_20200225-152339_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fe83d5a6908b3f9811c1054bcd505b97.jpg

Seen this guy a few times this year on tv. He's got a few playground tricks but doesn't contribute much during a full game. Even in this set of clips he isn't that impressive and more often than not ends up on his arse! 

8 minutes ago, urban fox said:

The Bayern Left Back, Davies, looked pretty tasty.

If we were to sell our current left back in the next window (for silly money), we might just about have enough cash to afford him! Blimey - just found out he's Canadian - that's good scouting by Bayern!

Edited by trabuch