Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

It isn't snob like to believe that a team sitting 3rd in the toughest league in world football have at least 4 Midfielders that are better than McGregor, who plays in a standard of league equivalent to our league one. I will believe he is good enough if and when he proves it in a better league. It's a big step up in quality though, and for every success story, there are 10 or more failures. Personally, I think we should be aiming higher. 

Aah I see, maybe you should toddle off to Portugal again and sign a guy with an exotic name for circa £20m, that’ll work out a whole lot better. Thank the lord Rodgers won’t have such hair brained logic when it comes to identifying players.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Id love for us to have a look at sarr from watford if they go down. The correlation between pearsons good results and his fitness are plain to see. Since his recent injury, they have been all over the shop again. 

Think this is a decent shout, he’s pretty raw but has all the attributes to be class If developed properly and there’s not many better than Rodgers than developing attacking players in particular.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

I don’t think you can file this one under that same bracket tbh given rodgers actually bid for this player in the summer and rumours in Glasgow have been rife for approaching a year now that both Rodgers and the player are keen for the move. It’s not unfounded for the simple reason alone that he has tried to sign McGregor less than a year ago. All the others, Ajer etc I agree can be put down to lazy journalism.

Furthermore, just about every club he’s been at he’s signed at least one player he’s worked with before.

I actually am surprised it didn't happen last summer for McGregor. He's the one I thought Rodgers would bring here.

With Praet here now and doing well I wonder if it will still happen.The only reason I could see it happening now is for depth/competition for Champions League.

That and we're probably going to be losing two or three in the summer. We'll see what happens.

Edited by SO1

29 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I actually am surprised it didn't happen last summer for McGregor. He's the one I thought Rodgers would bring here.

With Praet here now and doing well I wonder if it will still happen.The only reason I could see it happening now is for depth/competition for Champions League.

That and we're probably going to be losing two or three in the summer. We'll see what happens.

I’d imagine the reason for still pursuing it would be maybe Rodgers isn’t all too pleased with Tielemans output. Even bringing someone who would be breathing down his neck may improve his form, at the moment there is no obvious competition for his place given Praet is a different type of midfielder.

Leicester bid for him late on in the window but we rejected the offer that’s why it didn’t happen. Had no time to find a suitable replacement and we’d already sold Tierney a couple of weeks before so didn’t need to sell.

Edited by henrik_62

12 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

If Fulham don't make it up I would love to see Mitrovic playing for us next season..   An old school centre forward with attitude.

He’d certainly be a different type of option up front, the concern with him though would be he needs a hell of of a lot of chances to score one goal.

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Players we should look to sign from relegation candidates.

Callum wilson.

Cantwell

Doucore

Cresswell

Lanzini or Felipe Anderson.

Ake

Dunk.

Not that they will all go down but all potentially could some good players there that we could snipe.

I’m torn on Anderson. I was expecting him to do really well but he hasn’t 

4 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Players we should look to sign from relegation candidates.

Callum wilson.

Cantwell

Doucore

Cresswell

Lanzini or Felipe Anderson.

Ake

Dunk.

Not that they will all go down but all potentially could some good players there that we could snipe.

Redmond ings ward-prowse all decent from saints

25 minutes ago, Jam orton said:

Are we after Henderson then ???

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

No but I would like him here.

Suspect he’s in his way back to OT and wouldn’t shock me if yanited cash in on de gea in the summer ......

it’s also possible that we could be doing some business with Man U (depending on madison’s agent) - in that instance, maybe we could manipulate stuff if we are serious about changing our GK .........

Edited by st albans fox

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t want Mings anywhere near Leicester. Far and away the most overrated centre half in the league this season, can’t keep Villa’s defence together and they are woeful at the back. There’s a reason he came through as a left back when he was a youngster. 

Completely agree that he is overhyped beyond belief. Do not get the fuss whatsoever. Confirmation bias from England fans is my gut feeling.

Dwight Mcneil from Burnley? Not sure how realistic but he seems decent. I think we'll grab a couple from the Championship and then 2 or 3 from abroad to fill out the squad. A winger is probably the most important, but if Fuchs goes he'll need replacing. Will Justin be played as a reserve LB or RB? We'll need whichever one he doesn't play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Dwight Mcneil from Burnley? Not sure how realistic but he seems decent. I think we'll grab a couple from the Championship and then 2 or 3 from abroad to fill out the squad. A winger is probably the most important, but if Fuchs goes he'll need replacing. Will Justin be played as a reserve LB or RB? We'll need whichever one he doesn't play.

This was in the transfer thread - plenty in here think we should be aiming higher. I agree with you - young, English, prem proven and to me, a no brainier purchase. Can’t lose on resale alone .....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t want Mings anywhere near Leicester. Far and away the most overrated centre half in the league this season, can’t keep Villa’s defence together and they are woeful at the back. There’s a reason he came through as a left back when he was a youngster. 

So you’re a fan then? X 

Grealish 

Doucoure 

Edouard, in case we go 352 he would be a good option.

Keep Fuchs for one more year. 

Sell

Albrighton, unfortunate but just wont get the game time. 

Ghezzal 

Mendy released on free.