Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

A bit skeptical about how big our budget will be in the summer without selling our best players. At best, if we sold our reserves we could maybe make 40m in sales. 

Amartey - 4m?

Benkovic - 3m loan fee? 

Slimani - 8m? (Last year of contract)

Silva, Ghezzal, Diabate  - 5m? (Loan fees.  Have a bad feeling we won’t be able to sell!)

Gray - 10m?

Albrighton - 10m?

That’s being optimistic. So without selling our best players, the question is how far do the owners want to go into the red this summer, because we’ll certainly need to spend more than 40m!

Looking at previous windows, our net spend (according to transfermarkt) has been:

16/17: -23m

17/18: -40m

18/19: -18m

19/20: -15m

Based on the above, we’d hopefully have 90m or so to spend, which would leave us -50m in the red at the end of the window.

Edited by Shane

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Apparently watching Jonathan David tonight, plays for Genk (this evening facing Roma), Canadian striker. 33 goals in 78 games all competitions. 

ED2F4DA6-80DA-4D95-8442-BF626F94EF58.gif.be1e380c0526405ad4cd0e7857c54721.gif

18 minutes ago, Shane said:

A bit skeptical about how big our budget will be in the summer without selling our best players. At best, if we sold our reserves we could maybe make 40m in sales. 

Amartey - 4m?

Benkovic - 3m loan fee? 

Silva, Ghezzal, Diabate  - 5m? (Loan fees.  Have a bad feeling we won’t be able to sell!)

Gray - 10m?

Albrighton - 10m?

That’s being optimistic. So without selling our best players, the question is how far do the owners want to go into the red this summer, because we’ll certainly need to spend more than 40m!

Looking at previous windows, our net spend (according to transfermarkt) has been:

Based on the above, we’d hopefully have 90m or so to spend, which would leave us -50m in the red at the end of the window.

That's without factoring in TV money though

16 minutes ago, Shane said:

Amartey - 4m?

Benkovic - 3m loan fee? 

Gray - 10m?

Albrighton - 10m?

only gray is undervalued on your numbers

i think we could get 7m for amartey .

slim (and silva) is a problem re his wages - he should be interested in a  new deal elsewhere rather than a free next summer ref his age. we may end up selling for 4 mill to get his 4m wage off the books but nothing would surprise me come the summer ref his position!

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The more I see him, the more I want him.

Please chuck a load of money at Celtic for Edouard this summer. He's the business.

He does look so good but it would be very harsh on Iheanacho to be cast aside once again. There's certainly not room for 3 strikers who all would expect to play regularly for a team that plays 1 up top.

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He does look so good but it would be very harsh on Iheanacho to be cast aside once again. There's certainly not room for 3 strikers who all would expect to play regularly for a team that plays 1 up top.

Vardy is 33 now... Its highly likely that one of these days he just wont be able to do it anymore and could decline rapidly. (hope not but its realistic that he will at 33+)

We should be going into next year with a slightly open mind and 100% should sign a striker of equal quality. 

Edited by les-tah

Guest An Sionnach
8 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Vardy is 33 now... Its highly likely that one of these days he just wont be able to do it anymore and could decline rapidly. (hope not but its realistic that he will at 33+)

We should be going into next year with a slightly open mind and 100% should sign a striker of equal quality. 

All the strikers of "equal quality" are either over 30 or would cost £100 m + . It is bound to be a difficult transition.

22 hours ago, Shane said:

Amartey - 4m?

Benkovic - 3m loan fee? 

Gray - 10m?

Albrighton - 10m?

22 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

That's without factoring in TV money though

Earnings last year:

9. Leicester City

Actual league position: 9th
Matches televised: 15
TV income: £17.9million
Prize money: £22.8million
Equal share: £79.4million
Total: £120.1million

We've had 16 PL games screened already with our next 5 into March already selected. We're already looking at an extra 6-7 million extra, possibly rising to 10m with 7 games still be chosen for TV.

Chelsea earned £34.2million in prize money for coming 3rd, so we could be looking at an extra £12m if we consolidate 3rd or £14m if we snatch 2nd.

All in all we stand to earn at least £140m, or an extra £20m than usual.

As for net spend - it depends on if we sell any major player this summer. It would certainly help finances if we did but it would be a massive, massive statement if we don't.

Personally I hope it's the latter.

22 hours ago, Shane said:

Amartey - 4m?

Benkovic - 3m loan fee? 

Gray - 10m?

Albrighton - 10m?

You'll do well to get rid of one of those players and get a fee for them in the summer.  You've been trying to shift guys like Slimani, Ghezzal, Diabate, etc for years now and no one has touched them because of their wages.  Best you can hope for is for clubs to take these players on loan and pay the majority of their wages until their contracts expire.

On 20/02/2020 at 09:28, goose2010 said:

Arsenal, Everton, and Leicester are among seven clubs tracking Gent starlet Jonathan David, according to reports.

Young American (although players for Canada)  striker stats are very impressive for this season! 

If he's decent, we'll rake in dollars on our Yankee summer tours. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

All the strikers of "equal quality" are either over 30 or would cost £100 m + . It is bound to be a difficult transition.

Luckily we have 1 of the best scouting systems in the premier league then isnt it.

There is quality out there for very reasonable prices you just have to search for them.

I'm hoping the scouts have been searching since we sold Mahrez and in the summer we get a similar player in return.

On 20/02/2020 at 03:57, Deeg67 said:

Not to mention 11 goals in 12 caps for the national team.

TBH, not terribly worthy of mention given those goals have come in games against mostly part-timers of the US Virgin Islands, Martinique, Dominica, French Guiana (not to be confused with Guyana or French Guinea lol), Haiti, and Cuba (2 games).

His 19 goals in 36 games for Gent this season (an upgrade from 14 in 43 games last season) is however a decent scorecard for a young player. 
>

Edited by NaijaFox

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Henderson

Ricardo   Mings   Soy   Chilwell

Ndidi    Tielemans

Barnes/Perez Maddison  Grealish

Vardy

Wow..you took Evans out???! Hang your head in shame.

• Like 1

McGregor being linked again in the rags this morning, £25m. I’d hate to lose him as we’d need to sign about three players to replace him. He’s kicked on to another level again this season, he’s been absolutely immense. 

I can see the logic in Leicester’s interest tbh, a bit too much sideways passing in your midfield and McGregor would pick up the ball, carry it and make penetrating passes forward more.

I never seen much of him last season when people were raving about him but based on the games I’ve seen this season, which are a fair few then he’s a better player than Tielemans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

McGregor being linked again in the rags this morning, £25m. I’d hate to lose him as we’d need to sign about three players to replace him. He’s kicked on to another level again this season, he’s been absolutely immense. 

I can see the logic in Leicester’s interest tbh, a bit too much sideways passing in your midfield and McGregor would pick up the ball, carry it and make penetrating passes forward more.

I never seen much of him last season when people were raving about him but based on the games I’ve seen this season, which are a fair few then he’s a better player than Tielemans.

No he isn't. If Tielemans was playing week in week out in that mickey mouse league he'd be untouchable. I saw an article written by a celtic fan who claimed he is better then Maddison and meant it 😂 Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Praet and arguably Choudhury are all better I'm afraid.