Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

We have to get two wingers and an attacking mid this summer. If chilwell comes back into form, the rest of the team is champions league class. Barnes is going to be class but at the minute the opposition can double up as there is minimal threat from our other winger. I wouldn't mind if we tried to get fraser and lallana on a 'free' to allow us to go big on a player that could be the difference maker. There are a lot of options that could potentially be that player and I'm sure the club will make a decent choice. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
43 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hopefully two fast direct wingers to replace Albrighton and Gray who arent afraid to beat a man. 

Only if they are proven goal scorers and that means at least ten premier league goals a season. This total reliance on Vardy has got to stop. We need far far more goal threat from our other forwards.

Guest An Sionnach

Vardy seventeen goals, the other forwards twenty five between them and Maddison and Perez have scored the majority of them . We really should have one or two others in double figures by now for a team third in the premiership . We need to up our goal threat considerably. Any new forward should be judged on goals not assists.

This lad in the Video above looks the business. He's strong quick and know how to score a Goal. He would be a good start.

We really need to sign 4 or 5 quality physical players. If there not big and strong I wouldn't sign them.

I fear though that we may have to sell possibly Chilwell and need to move the fringe players on. They're holding back our progress at this stage.

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Vardy seventeen goals, the other forwards twenty five between them and Maddison and Perez have scored the majority of them . We really should have one or two others in double figures by now for a team third in the premiership . We need to up our goal threat considerably. Any new forward should be judged on goals not assists.

I'd argue the fact we don't is the clearest reason we're likely to drop down the table a bit. It's not sustainable to rely on one player for goals all the time.

• Like 1

I think our biggest area of weakness at the minute is creativity. We need a winger and CM who can run at players and create openings for others. We are too easy to play against and we can’t break down to defensive lines. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
7 hours ago, frany104 said:

I think our biggest area of weakness at the minute is creativity. We need a winger and CM who can run at players and create openings for others. We are too easy to play against and we can’t break down to defensive lines. 

Rodgers is a disciple of quick movement and passing and not of running at and beating defenders hence our lightweight midfield , unfortunately we are nowhere near as good at it as Man. City who are if anything more lightweight than us. Attempts to bully Man.  City off the ball are usually unsuccessful because they don't get caught in possession very often but we do. We just don't have the players or the time to do what they do so we need more physical , stronger players in our forwards who can hold up the ball and force openings. Its too late this season but we must add a couple to the squad during the summer along with a proven and hopefully big striker.

Is Willian a realistic option as he has rejected a contract from Chelsea?

Wants 3 years, perhaps too much of an outlay on somebody who'll be 34 be the end of that deal. Would be a free agent however.

Sale of Albrighton at around £4mil could at least subsidise his signing on fee and wages in some part. Similar age and would certainly be more productive. 

18 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Is Willian a realistic option as he has rejected a contract from Chelsea?

Wants 3 years, perhaps too much of an outlay on somebody who'll be 34 be the end of that deal. Would be a free agent however.

Sale of Albrighton at around £4mil could at least subsidise his signing on fee and wages in some part. Similar age and would certainly be more productive. 

The man who fooked over spurs to sign for chelsea .... he wouldn’t come to the e midlands ....

n Italy or Spain is my guess 

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The man who fooked over spurs to sign for chelsea .... he wouldn’t come to the e midlands ....

Preference is to stay in London as his family are settled there apparently.  Has already knocked back Barcelona on this basis.

On the basis of the above and with Mourinho there wouldn't be surprised to see him rock up at Spurs.

Edited by henrik_62

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I agree with this too. I'd like him here on the right terms, but it won't happen.

We lack intelligent, cultured players in my opinion. He'd fit the bill.