Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Momentacy

Leicester City Best Recorded Moments

Hello all,

I was wondering if any of you could reply to this thread with your favourite Leicester City moments. If you have a link to a video then it would be greatly appreciated but if you do not then it is no problem, please just write the moments. I hope that this thread brings back nostalgia to some of you who may have forgotten the best moments from the past.

I like to spend my free time uncovering hidden videos online of football moments, not only from television angles but also from unseen perspectives recorded from the stands. I find that these 'unprofessional' videos reveal something much more emotionally powerful than what a television perspective provides.

With the moments that you provide me with on here, I will search and find some high quality content wherever available from the video archives and post them to the Twitter account that I have created to show these moments.

If you have posted your favourite moments on this thread, expect to see many of them on my Twitter account in the upcoming weeks here; Footyments

Thanks for your time,

Footyments

• Like 1

Yeah, Steve Claridge's last minute  shinned goal in 1996 to win promotion.  Nothing will top that.  Time slowed down, then the ball went in during what I (probably falsely) remember as near-silence, then it erupted and I lost my mind for a few minutes and i ended up quite a distance and several rows away from where I started.

I would also volunteer Emile Heskey's equaliser at the death of the 1997 league cup final to force a replay.  

I went proper bonkers when that went in.

Rather shamefully, I got soooooo drunk that night, I lost my spectacles, got barred from a pub, split up with my girlfriend (I won her back and married her)  and I had a hangover that lasted 4 days.  All for a draw lol

So yeah, either of those.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

So many, I think back to Tony James (think that was his name) scoring against Oxford to keep us up in the old div 2 and the pitch invasion after. Not sure if there’s a vid as it was that long ago now that it’s probably in the Pathe News archives!

One of two occasions I went on the Filbert St pitch, the other the promotion year after we sealed promotion at home to Burnley (I think) great times! 

• Like 1

1974: 3rd round FA Cup: Last minute Steve Earle winner. 

1974: FA Cup quarter final: Joe Waters, oh yes for the youngster. 

1993: Thompson equaliser at Wembley. 

1994: Silence of the Rams. Walshie. 

2000: lifting the League Cup. Last one at the old Wembley. 

• Like 2

Erm... winning that Premier League thingy kinda shades it. But yeah, standing in Pen 1 for the first time (think it was the first time we had all 4 pens?) and watching Tony James scramble the ball into the net to save our skins v Oxford followed by the pitch invasion was amazing, as were Keith Weller's white tights back in the 70s... neither of these things will be repeated, even less likely than us winning the league again!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Ah yeah I remember it like it was yest....... No actually I don't 

No neither do I, in fact I don't even remember Colchester ever being in the Championship and clearly we were so shit at the time that we couldn't beat them at home and finished below them in the table. Makes you realise how good we've got it now.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Flat Fox said:

No neither do I, in fact I don't even remember Colchester ever being in the Championship and clearly we were so shit at the time that we couldn't beat them at home and finished below them in the table. Makes you realise how good we've got it now.

Only thing I can remember about Colchester United is that Muzzy's little brother played for them.

I think that overwhelmingly the best memory that most Leicester City supporters will have is 2016 when we won the Premiership Title against odds of 5000 to 1

Simply amazing, unbelievable!

However, my best memory & one that I will never forget, was the Friday night game when the lads took Southampton to the slaughter & crucified them 9  -  0

That night the lads set 2 new English football records.  1) The heaviest defeat by any team in the English Football league playing away from home &  2) The heaviest defeat inflicted on any team Home or Away !!!