Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

The Birch - Final Run

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Never found hom arrogant myself.

Let's agree to disagree. 

I think he's a bit of a controversial figure these days. Please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he expressing some very extreme political views on twitter not long ago. Would need someone more universally liked.

Birch is truly a club legend, I applaud his magnificent efforts over the 40 years. I hope he will stick around with us until King hangs up his boots, I think he would make a good club ambassador he's liked by most a very good speaker and has a great variety of faces he can wear.

Guest Markyblue
34 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Someone like Emile Heskey would be more popular imo.

Emile is a legend for contributing 100000 to the administration fund but the birch role.. not for me , other areas yes but wouldn't suit him.

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

What happens when he finally hangs up his bits with his role?

Someone should take over from him

Steve Walsh would be perfect. 

Jamie Vardy!

Well the end had to come sometime. What we should be doing is celebrating his heroic and fantastic fund raising achievements for this Club and the city of Leicester instead of all the silly negative talk. Perhaps those who see him in a derogatory light should consider doing 40 years of running around the pitch and raising funds!!

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Never found hom arrogant myself.

Let's agree to disagree. 

I don’t find him arrogant. But do see him as a nervous wreck when he has been on TV.

know many would be the same, but wonder if LCFC would want someone like that, In an age where fan and media relationship are part of a clubs growth.

Birch is Mr Leicestet City without a doubt! An ever present figure at the football club certainly throughout most of our lives. He's more than the half time announcer, he represents our football club with passion, dignity and respect!

His charity fund raising is well documented, but it's been mentioned before how much more he does, such hospital visits, attending events, awards ceremonies and attending funerals I believe. He was football in the community before that was even a thing.

One of my favourite moments from the title winning season was seeing birch bringing the PL trophy pitch side and placing it on the base, couldn't think of anyone better!

He already has an MBE and is a Freeman of the city of Leicester, a knighthood would be an even more fitting honour for the legend!