Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

I’m usually fairly reasoned, but that was abject, passive, pathetic, pedestrian. First time I feel angry with this side. We know how much we can do, yet for whatever reason we have a mental block. The lack of pressing was infuriating tonight. We could’ve carried on all night. Evans was okay, and Wilf is back - only positives tonight! Norwich were there to be got at, and we just let them knock it around. 4 and a half hours on the coach here, no doubt similar on the way back after that. Birmingham must be rubbing their hands with glee. We are seriously putting our top four place in jeopardy 

Just now, Paninistickers said:

That kinda goes for any team...take two of the best three players away = not quite as good 

Hth

Our bench is awfully weak, we don't have many options, compared to the old top 6 teams.

Brandon, had the January transfer to bring in atleast one or maybe 2 to make sure we had other options, and we didn't.

Tactically today, we were poor.  

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

We weren't good enough but the game changer was the cvnt at Stockton Park.

Mentally, from that point onwards, we were done.

We haven't been good enough since we thought we'd beat Norwich at home without much effort.

It all went downwards from there on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Matt said:

I just hope to god when Pep ****s off this side to side passive bullshit gets phased out.

I'm sick of hearing 'this is the way to play football'

It's ****ing bullshite.

Where have you heard ‘this is the way to play football’?

7 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

If we scrape a CL spot it will not be a joy at all, we will be canon fodder. I cannot see BR making any remotely useful signings and add that to his clueless tactical ability and next season could be a fricking  disaster

Actually I could see this side doing quite well in europe, ironically, as they seem built for European football, problem is they not built for premiership football.

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

We weren't good enough but the game changer was the cvnt at Stockton Park.

Mentally, from that point onwards, we were done.

It wasn’t mate. We were lacklustre for the first half and that “goal” was ruled out for because it did hit his hand. We can’t use Var as an excuse here, we performed the same against villa in the cup, Southampton, Burnley and Norwich at home. We were non existent against Wolves, dropped points against Chelsea who aren’t in great form and lost to Man City due to a lapse in concentration. Yeah, VARs a bitch but this run Has come about because of our own shortcomings. 

• Like 1

Why do we not pressure teams, we just seem to back off and get back into shape. They put us under pressure and win throw ins, free kicks, corners. We do nothing! We didn't create a single clear cut chance against the worst team in the league, just a few daisy cutters straight at the keeper! If our so called young and talented squad can't perform at this level, then they need to be dropped, they shouldn't just get a starting place because they're 22/23 years old!

Embarrassing performance again.

This was one of the worst performances I have seen, including the Puel regime. 

Dross. No idea, no clue, nothing up front at all.

People somewhat knock Barnes for his last ball and they're probably right, but at least he offers something. Perez is such an anonymous player all the time recently. How he stays on so long is beyond me. I don't particularly rate Albrighton any more but least offers a slight bit of danger putting balls into the box. 

Chilwell is dire. I've never seen a player use one foot so often. I don't mind if he just moves it quick but he takes too many one foot touches and ****s attacks up. And wtf was he doing for the goal. Looked slow af. Not good enough. Rather play Justin at LB.

Maddison has been poor most of this calendar year. Tielemans deservedly dropped but came on and didn't look any better.  Hamza can win the ball and then do **** all else. Praet I just don't really get. Don't know what sort of midfielder he is.

Rodgers deserves a hell of a lot of stick. Puel got hammered but our performances are arguably consistently worse than what Puels offered at the moment. Why do we keep changing the team? Fuchs should have retained his place.

4141/4231 has been found out by the opposition. We move the ball so slowly and look so devoid of any idea what to do with it. 

Pawson is also still a ****

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Barnes getting some stick but he was the only player who actually drove at them and was brave enough to have some efforts on goal. The rest look petrified of even trying.

Barnes was at least consistent, lots of runs with no end product. Strangely still one of better players tonight.

We've got big problems- Chilwell, Maddison and Perez are nowhere near the required standard at the minute. No movement up top, no purpose or urgency on the ball.

Shame really, I thought we might have turned the corner in the Man City game.

If we get to the line, we're going to be limping over it. Absolute dross.

• Like 1