Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Birmingham City (H) FA Cup Match Thread

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

Would you say tactics are negative when we get into an attacking position then pass it back to Evan's and then Kasper.

That is called turning a positive into a negative this is why we cant score goals we dont know what to do when we attack

It's confidence, not tactics. Rodgers isn't telling them to play that way.

We've just been found out a bit, teams have wised up to the way we play. I think that's why Rodgers tried different formations (3 at the back, diamond etc) but nothing has really worked consistently. 

5 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

We don't have negative tactics, the tactics are pretty much the same as they were in the autumn - we're just not playing well. We've lost our confidence badly since December. 

The tactics are the same, but teams now know how to play against it. Narrow defending on our left (people will happily let Chilwell have the ball) double up on our right, crowd the middle. It's so obvious.

Running out of ideas, Rodgers and the team itself. 

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Gray and Albrighton have run their race. I was surprised they were selected tonight and perhaps it was an opportunity for them to impress and win their place here for next season. I think both will be gone. They both should be.

In Rodgers' systems they both just look confused and clueless and end up jogging round in circles.

I think the poor nature of their play is why others have struggled to a certain extent as it means they try to play through the packed centre.

Get both off and get them both learning how to play BR's system; or move them on. MA has at least shown some effort. DG just looks lazy and he's effectively a passenger. MA is one dimensional when he gets it. I'm not sure who has been worse.

Praet has been good.

About sums it up really

11 minutes ago, KingsX said:

He doesn't look like he has much idea what he's out there to do.  That's surely partly on the manager though?  Sickening to hear one of our Prem winners booed on every touch.

The Brummies boo him because he came from Villa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest ttfn
Just now, Ian Nacho said:

For all people give Burnley stick for their negative football, we need whatever it is they’ve got in terms of grit. 

Burnley are a much better side than us at the moment. They’ve got 2 more points in their last 6 matches than we’ve got in our last 12.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

76% no shots

its obviously counterintuitive 

just let them have the ball and we might actually have a shot or counter them

Everyone saying we haven't had a shot - didn't Maddison's attempt around the half hour mark count? Was on target and Camp punched it out. 

It's splitting hairs, I know, but still...