Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scanchez

Coronavirus: Closed Door Matches

From what I gather the herd immunity option will mean that more people will die and it's cheaper. The people that die are those that cost the government and NHS more anyway and therefore expendable, a type of eugenics in reality.

Also if we closed the schools one fear is that the already understaffed NHS would suffer as staff would need to take time off work putting further strain on the NHS.

It seems that the option chosen by our government is the one that will allow the virus to spread as widely through the population as possible. 

Think about that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

From what I gather the herd immunity option will mean that more people will die and it's cheaper. The people that die are those that cost the government and NHS more anyway and therefore expendable, a type of eugenics in reality.

Also if we closed the schools one fear is that the already understaffed NHS would suffer as staff would need to take time off work putting further strain on the NHS.

It seems that the option chosen by our government is the one that will allow the virus to spread as widely through the population as possible. 

Think about that.

So you rather save everyone today so they can all die tomorrow?

This is a harsh, hard decision. Herd immunity is a critical aspect of any virus management, and if this is the way to save the majority, begrudginly so be it.

I am in a high risk category so do not make this statement without thought.

I think most of us will end up getting it like Merkel predicted

Finish the season off at the start of next as its only fair to Liverpool and  the whole pyramid to avoid legal action that would cripple everyone.

Cancel the league cup and facup for a season to make up for extra games

Then play a whole 38 game season, that would be 46 games plus euroupe will will be doable if everyone agrees, reduce the champions league knockouts to one legged ties as well.

In some ways Liverpool being so far ahead is a good thing for us, it would surely be grossly unfair to them if the season was voided entirely now. Only fair way is to postpone, which lets us keep our spot as well. 

Whereas if we still had a title race between multiple teams, voiding the entire season might have been a more preferred option. 

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Medically that makes no sense. It's more likely that the PL want those sets of fixtures postponed to buy them time to close the season early as cheaply as possible.

Just now, UHDrive said:

Medically that makes no sense. It's more likely that the PL want those sets of fixtures postponed to buy them time to close the season early as cheaply as possible.

The plan in general is sketchy, but suppose thats to be expected as it is pretty new territory all over.

As unpopular as getting a fairly high level infected is, it may reap rewards later (higher immunity should the virus mutate as is suggested) but at not insignificant cost in the short term, not a decision I would fancy making.

:nono:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The plan in general is sketchy, but suppose thats to be expected as it is pretty new territory all over.

As unpopular as getting a fairly high level infected is, it may reap rewards later (higher immunity should the virus mutate as is suggested) but at not insignificant cost in the short term, not a decision I would fancy making.

:nono:

I see what you mean. In the briefing yesterday the medical chap was specific in describing why large scale football games were less harmful in terms of catching the virus than workplace gatherings and so on.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I see what you mean. In the briefing yesterday the medical chap was specific in describing why large scale football games were less harmful in terms of catching the virus than workplace gatherings and so on.

Its all about enclosed spaces gatherings rather than the outdoor gatherings.

Its not like football fans spit at eat other is it :ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

CHINA: Quarantines 58 million people.

SOUTH KOREA: Tests 200,000 people for Covid-19.

SINGAPORE: Orders army to deliver masks to all citizens.

ITALY/FRANCE/GERMANY: Bans all public gatherings.

UK: Wash your hands and sing happy birthday

Do we go for the traditional happy birthday or the Stevie Wonder version? I'm confused and my hands are starting to get sore

Edited by lcfc278

26 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

CHINA: Quarantines 58 million people.

SOUTH KOREA: Tests 200,000 people for Covid-19.

SINGAPORE: Orders army to deliver masks to all citizens.

ITALY/FRANCE/GERMANY: Bans all public gatherings.

UK: Wash your hands and sing happy birthday

Image result for what could go wrong meme

• Haha 1

If they cancel the season now then the current standings should be made permanent. Tough luck on everyone else. Although I’m sure many teams would be appealing it if that was the case. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

If they cancel the season now then the current standings should be made permanent. Tough luck on everyone else. Although I’m sure many teams would be appealing it if that was the case. 

Not just appealing, there'd be potential legal actions AOTS from different clubs.

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Not title for Liverpool as it's not been won. European qualification awarded to those currently in position. No team relegated, top two in the championship promoted. 22 team premier league next season with 5 teams relegated. This would be my preference.

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 3

No solution would keep many people happy if the season were ended.

Thinking of doing a poll on it.
Liverpool not being awarded the title and us getting into the champions league is just too much fantasy to handle!!!